Does Veeky Forums think it could take on MMA world champions...

Does Veeky Forums think it could take on MMA world champions? At what weight class do you think you could start beating the top 5 in the weight class? Picture related the new 135lb champion and one of the best in the sport TJ Dillashaw after smoking his opponent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aIUrPrzEwU
youtu.be/Aaehn1aY8Ig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe if i was 100 pounds heavier and 6'6 at which point I could easily protect my face and resist tackles

I'd still fuck you up m8

Dude has the worst gyno nips in the game and is shredded all year round, he's almost definitely on gear.

And by all accounts he's a dickhead in the gym + he called out Mighty Mouse for having a padded record despite MM beating Dodson who knocked out TJ. Like, how you gonna say he's padding his record with shit fighters when the guys he's beating are knocking you out?

Hope MM accepts the fight and fucks him up.

Teej is unquestionably on gear. One of the most hamfisted attempts to cover it up that I've seen. Which is funny because he's tiny as fuck and doesn't need it

Why wasn't he asserting himself like that before the fight?

He only exploded like that because he was holding in all his anger and when he won he let it out because he finally felt safe. That little display just made him look weaker in my eyes.

mma fighters don't use gear to get bigger or even much stronger, it's all about recovery from sparring

TJ would literally eat Dodson now. Game evolving by the month dude they're just out of like leather helmets right now. In years well look back on this as the Vince Lombardi glory days.

It's still ridiculous for him to say MM has a padded record when the only time TJ has been finished was to a guy MM beat twice, and with relative ease.

And yeah, TJ's gotten better since the Dodson fight. So has Dodson. And MM started out better than Dodson and has gotten even better since then.

Doubt it matters. Much of the ground work these guys do is based on leverage and using your opponents balance n stuff. Wasnt Jiu jitsu based on the whole idea of someone smaller taking out a larger foe?

I'm 6'4 and 224lbs and can squat 2 pl8, of course I'd wreck a 135lb manlet regardless of his MMA proficiency.

5/8 for making me reply

as a brown belt in bjj, I can tell you that's bullshit. size is just as an important a factor as skill and technique

No. You can keep being delusional and argue "he said, she said" on the internet, or you can go try out a martial arts gym and get destroyed.
It's good to get humbled and realize you're completely helpless in a fight.

MM does have a padded record. Dude fights fucking nobodies all the time. His last title defense was against a guy who had a 2 fight win streak for fucks sake (it was the best finish in MMA history though).

MM will never be GOAT material because he doesn't fight people who could give him a legitimate challenge. If he goes and fights TJ and wins that fight, then he can definitely be considered the GOAT by some, and they'd have a valid argument.

>Veeky Forums
>beating any trained fighter

Veeky Forums actually thinks that when you have 50+ lbs on somebody you can magically punch straight through a guard and knock them out.

youtube.com/watch?v=9aIUrPrzEwU

Tell that to Ubereem and almost every Brazilian.

cause he's a true professional? took care of business like a great athlete and felt a rush of overwhelming emotion at the end of the fight. unlike cody that wears his heart on his sleeve and he's mouth up his ass

I'd smash the u12s champions

>in my eyes.

>TJ has been finished was to a guy MM beat twice
MMath, just kys

>Implying Eddie couldnt just get a hold of the guy and crush whatever part he is holding with one hand if it was a street fight

Well meme'd

>Person A lost to person B, after that person C beats person B, thus meaning that person C would also beat person A if it were to happen

This is retarded.

Never MMA math again.

MM has been fighting cans in the dwarf division.

Two things
1) Anyone who is not a trained fighter thinking they can beat a trained fighter in the ring is delusional. End of discussion.
2) I have no idea who that guy is, but I hope someone humbles him. Like legitimately wrecks the shit out of him.

There's lots of somebodies on his record though.

Benavidas and Dodson are legit, Cejudo was an olympic gold wrestler that Johnson outworked in the clinch and outscrambled on the ground and Reis is a BJJ world champ that he submitted.

Why do you think they're nobodies? Because they're small?

I know MMA math is shite, I'm just pointing out how stupid it is for TJ to say MM only fights nobodies when he's been knocked out by one.

He's essentially calling himself shit since he's admitting he couldn't even beat a nobody.

See

If you think they're cans purely because they are small you shouldn't be talking.

Also it's not like Demetrious is some giant who's doing massive weight cuts to have a huge size advantage and using that against his opponents, he's literally the smallest one in that division, to him they're all tall.

If he is so good, why can't he afford the money to remove those disgusting gyno? Or is it a form of distraction in fights.

I forgot who said this, but he was compared to Jones (before he got popped for roids) and the thing that distinguished Jones from DJ is that he had Cormier.
It's true that Benavides and Cejudo aren't cans, but DJ doesn't have someone who rivals him like how DC rivalled Jones (they're both undefeated in their division). Sure DJ is on another level, but it has mostly to do with the fact that flyweight is very shallow in talent. Barely anyone is that small, so it's thin as hell.
Right now the only one that could be his DC is Dillasnake and that's why people are wanting them to fight.

What do you think a manlet is gonna do?

youtu.be/Aaehn1aY8Ig

this still doesnt mean shit. TJ is improving every time we see him. He will whoop MM.

that was playful sparring
hafthor left his chin exposed a lot

So is MM. Didn't you see that insane submission? Borg may be a can, but that doesn't take away the fact that MM keeps getting better.

>squat lmao2pl8
>impressive squat
good b8

TJ isn't talking about

The black Clown or Benavidez

He is talking about ALL the other title defences... come on, dont Play stupid.

John Moraga
Ali Bagautinov
Chris Cariaso
Kyoji Horiguchi
Henry Cejudo
Tim Elliott
Wilson Reis
Ray Borg

even Ian McCall is dubious at that time...

Do you really think he can win The Snake?
Yes he have a Chance... but a smaller one than TJ Smoking him, or am i wrong?

>smoking Cody
>TJ was looking like bambi at the end of the first round
K snakeashaw

Depends on what weight they'll fight. 125 is MM territory, no way TJ wins that. The weight cut will probably be hard for him and he'll lose some power. At 135 TJ has a more edge. He's bigger and MM might lost some speed which is his best asset.
I don't really see MM getting completely smoked. I don't get why people keep saying that. before the flyweight division was a thing, he was fighting in bantamweight. And before someone brings up Cruz, remember that he was fighting part time back then and still managed to make the fight competitive standing up.
MM is a completely different monster now and so is TJ. TJ has the size advantage but honestly, it's still a tough call since they're both elite fighters who are both fast and light on their feet.

Probably the women

Paulo is definitely on gear. What fighters do you guys think are juicing?

George St. Pierre was looking pretty suspect at UFC 217. I really like GSP, but all the signs were there - more ripped than ever while moving up a weight class after being off for several years and in his mid-thirties, plus that noticeable bloated gut.

I'd like to just see them fight at their current weights. I understand each man wants to get a second belt, but there's no real reason that DJ can't fight at 125 and TJ can't fight at 135.

>Getting better in a stacked division
>Getting better fighting cans

Pick which one you think is the most impressive.

That's not what I was saying; I'm saying at 135 there is less food to process and less muscle to repair so much so that if you're using steroids at that point for anything more than intermittent injury to stay on track in off season you're a dummy

I would say size matters in a sport with rules etc but in a no holds barred whatsoever(not MMA) it would matter less

Lesnar is natty god everyone else is injecting Latvian incense

To be quite honest, you can be as fit as you want, but anyone doing MMA is going to be as fit as you if not more so and have the necessary skills and training to take you down in a fair fight with very little effort.

It's not a bad/insulting thing, it's just common sense. Same as how a skilled tradesman can put up a wall quicker than some guy who has only a vague idea of what he's doing with a trowel.

He probably took HGH in the wild west days without USADA. He was also off for 4 years, putting on 15 pounds of muscle isn't that suspect.

they like spend hundreds of hours fighting so I reckon they have way more experience than I do

Catchweight? 130lbs superfight?

BJJ purple belt/Judo brown belt that should've gotten his shodan already.

Nope, would get my ass handed to me because I haven't done any striking in years. Might hold my own in a grappling match for a while, but even that's not guaranteed.

>2) I have no idea who that guy is, but I hope someone humbles him. Like legitimately wrecks the shit out of him.

If you knew the backstory to the fight you'd know the TJ was in the right.

I'm a skinnyfat lurker and I could take on any MMA fighter on the planet with really good odds of winning the fight decisively and permanently injuring my opponent in the process, as long as I wasn't sucker punched from behind.
You know, seeing as how I carry a knife and gun at all times.

Everybody's on juice

Size isn't as import as weight and reach, the thing is that usually correlates with height

Yes
t. Stole Chris Weidman's lunch money in 4th grade

>he doesn't know that LARPing as a lifter on Veeky Forums gives you a passive guard-breaking bonus

>people discussing who can run the fastest
>"lmao i'll beat all u fags once i hop in my car"

fuck off, retard

This. I wish 420chans mma board was more active or asp talked less about fake shit. Now I have to go to r/mma for anything worthwhile

However you look at it, TJ has the better Resume. Barao is a huge name, and many people think he should have won against Cruz. Now Cody. MM has honestly never beaten anyone worth talking about. I want either MM to move up or TJ to move down because I really want to see what MM can do. As of now, I have a hard time believing MM as one of the P4P best based on who he's fought.

No. You're talking about people who make a living by being better than everyone else at fighting. Anyone who hasn't had substantial training would get absolutely fucking wrecked by even an "average" pro MMA fighter.

If you had a substantial height /weight advantage, you might last 20 seconds instead of just 10. That'd be about it.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mighty Mouse's only fan.

TJ fought Dodson quite a long time ago. DJ arguably lost to Dodson the first time, and it's a completely different weightclass that puts more strain on Dodson's body. TJ would beat the shit out of Dodson today.

Also, MMA math doesn't work, if you don't think TJ has fought tougher competition than DJ you're a fucking moron, but we already established that.

talk of an urijah faber comeback has been going around. Guess its comeback season after GSP

That's like saying someone who never played football before could walk on to an NFL team and be competitive if they were in good enough shape.

That happens once in a blue moon at the college level. I don't think it's ever happened at the pro level since the days of black and white TV and those funny leather helmets.

good bait. Northcutt weighs 165 and squats 405 for triples

really wanted jonny to win