How often do you have a cheat meal?

I'm currently on a 4-month cut with 2000kcal per day and I was wondering if I could have a cheat meal once a month without causing too many problems.
I've gotten a few cravings but they're bearable. I just want to know if I could eat --> a

Yes

Just throw in a day or twos fast and then eat what you want for a meal fucking easy m8

I don't even have set "cheat meals", I just eat completely clean 99% of the time when I'm by myself so when someone calls me to get out drinking/eating junk I never have to refuse.
You just have to have friends that are not degenerate obese slobs who do that every single day.

but does a "cheat day" set you back in regards of the progress you've been making on a cut?

Do your cheat meal on a heavy lift day. We have one life. You deserve a little cheat but dont be a bitch. Go hard as fuck in the gym that day

I'm cutting and I eat whatever I want just less of it. Still losing weight.

Every day. I am fat.

Not really because if you eat completely clean all the time those fats and carbs are not as "bad" as usual. And it's not a cheat day, it's more like a cheat evening, for breakfast and lunch I still eat clean. Maybe you'll think it fucked your cut up instantly because of the sheer amount of sodium that makes you bloated the next day, but the long term effects on the cut are almost non existent if you don't do it so often.

And after that night I only have even more motivation to keep eating clean and good, it's a cycle.

when i was cutting hard for a long time i did one a week, and it was a pretty bad one. seemed to work for me anyways

I have one cheat meal per week, the night before my heaviest lifting session of the week. I only have a few scoops in the morning beforehand, and I go pretty hard with the meal. The rest of the week I stick to a pretty big deficit. Went from 280 to 230 in about 6 months so far, and my lifts have been holding steady.

>I don't even have set "cheat meals", I just eat completely clean 99% of the time when I'm by myself

basically what I do, "cheat meals" only happen during special days or events like celebrating christmas or someones birthday and they consist of red wine and traditional meals which are healthy but high in kcals

It can be worse for your sanity.
Every time you have a "cheat meal" you fire up those dopamine receptors for sugary, fatty and salty foods that made you a fat shit in the first place.
The longer you eat clean, the less you will miss dirty foods.

If you have a "food addiction" (which I personally think is more a case of people having child like self control and really really liking cheese)then it's like giving a junky "just a little bit of crack" to tide them over.
If you don't have a food addiction, then why the fuck do you need a cheat day?

>how often do you have a cheat meal
Once a day
>does it help with being sane during a cut
A what?

Well, you should already know by now how calories work. So if your cheat meals move you into an overall calorie surplus, then you're doing too many. But if you can do them and still remain in a calorie deficit, then it's okay.

The important thing to understand here is this: You already know this, and you're just looking for validation from internet strangers to justify eating more than you should.

>bulkan
one meal a week
>cuttin
never

I think a better question is how do you guys drink and have a social life while cutting?

Any tips? I can still lose weight but God damn it'd go so much faster if I didn't drink.

And no I'm not going out and having just water or a "few beers". Need answers from real men who kill a 12 pack in a night.

Are there lower calorie boozes?

I've managed to limit myself to 1 night a week heavy drinking 12+ drinks and 1 night average drinking less than 6 drinks.

I tried abstinence for a month but went stir crazy

I just ate a McRib because fuck it.

Imagine not being an ectomorph and having "cheat meals"
LMAO

mostly because i'm eating what is considered "clean food" and I just want to eat some "regular" food once a month that may or may not fit my macros.

this :(

I just accepted the fact that I was going to pay for it and I would plan around it. Eat less leading up to it and consume almost no carbs that day and then I would try to drink vodka and club soda rather than beer. If it wasn't an option I just said fuck it and dealt with it.

>Imagine not being an ectomorph
imagine not buying into momscience

It was a rhetorical question, you don't need a cheat day for any reason other than poor willpower.

Hard liquor and a calorie free mixer. I drink whiskey and Dr pepper because craft beers were killing me at 200-300cals a piece.

I have one day (or better 24 h) in the week when I enjoy eating without counting every calorie. This is from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. I would drink wine on the evening and enjoy a good sunday breakfast with my girl as well as a good dinner on sunday. Rest of the week I am on a 1930 kcal restricted diet (don't want to call it a cut bc not into competitions or the like).

Everyother day. Water fast for 36 hours then eat like a king.

Post body

If it's just a meal that is a bit over your calories/macros just go for it. I like to have a day every week or two on which I can eat as much as I want. I just fast the day after. 0 consequences.