Standing vs seated barbell OHP

Whats better for overall strength and mass building?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/bellaumbrella/?hl=en
instagram.com/p/BN0SfWMAANA/?hl=en&taken-by=bellaumbrella
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Standing.
Faggot.

Standing is more athletic
Seated dumbbell ohp is superior for hypertrophy

I like standing because you have to clean it and then do the excicise

Little difference. You can lift heavier standing though because of being able to utilise your glutes

You must be a brainlet. It's obvious to anyone with intuition that standing is superior.

>not pressing in the squat rack
>while working in with a DYEL while he squats

more like this please

>mfw I OHP and military press while sitting in the Smith machine and you can't stop me

lul

aka the faggot press

meme aside

I bought a power rack and use it almost for everything due to limited space in my house.

I bench press inside the power rack and set the safety bars just little below my chest. It has saved me from crushing me several times and there´s no need to have a spotter.

I also set the safety bars up high and do OHP press, if I feel like my arms are gonna give up, just bend my knees and rest the bar if Im unable to re-rack it.

I also use my power rack to do weighted pull ups and I added some bars close on top so I can do dips to.

and obviously I use it for squatting too.

sometimes I wonder if I am mentally ill for thinking that girls like this are hot af.

>people send money and gifts to this creature

Who/what is it?

Asking for a friend.

Seated OH Dumbell press beats both

This desu, you always OHP a bit more than a DYEL for extra alpha points

if thats a trap i'd fuck a trap bro

that's what I'm saying

that's not a trap... or is it ? please tell me it's not.

Big Z is a faggot?

Its a girl, lost the Instagram link

welp im off to kidnap her thanks for the info

instagram.com/bellaumbrella/?hl=en

instagram.com/p/BN0SfWMAANA/?hl=en&taken-by=bellaumbrella

>So pretty
>We love you!
>The holocaust never happened

wow and that fast it goes from "qt girl that dressed up" to "absolutely fucking crazy". guess I shouldve never asked my illusion is destroyed now.

probably standing. i started ohp seated then switched to standing later. 225 for one rep is my max

anecdotal evidence. not an argument. kys fatroidgolem dick rider.

i..i think im in love bros

This offends me

Strong. How did you get there?

Smith machine is not a power rack though...

>Seated for overall better focus on shoulder+triceps hypertrophy/strenght

>Standing for better full body work

That's a girl tho

i started with SS for a few months. i was doing ohp then twice a week then i chose to go with 5/3/1 once a week with boring but big. now i'm still doing 5/3/1 but cut out 4 cool down sets at the end of the workout.

that's definitely a dude.

I went backwards on 5/3/1. Oh well, guess I'm just a presslet.

When I do a shoulder workout, I don't give a shit about the +0.01 full body gains I get from standing up with the bar in my hands. Also, a seated ohp is much harder to cheat, because you can't lean back or give yourself a little push-press boost

I press 80kg x 3 and struggle to squat 110 ama

I enjoy standing for OHP, but it's just a preference really. Actually, it just occurred to me I've never done them sitting down.

Standing.

Also drop the barbell go for dumbells if you want size.

damn that sucks. you really have to go for it on your final set. try hard to go past the 5 3 or 1. if you can get 7 instead of 5 on the first week then it's a good sign. even 6. if not then there is always next week. hope you get stronger user

Do heavy standing OHP and burn it out with a Z press later.

Fag.

I can't wait for us to invent elf sex bots

no, you can lift more seated due to there being stabilization. That is, seated against a bench - the only way you can do less seated is when you do a Z-press without back support

seated ohp allows you to use more weight and it's easier to cheat if you do it against a bench, turning it into an incline hybrid

No, its your average scene/ alt looking girl. Stop reading trap doujins

Absolute bro.

standing is basically cardio, don't be fooled

Thanks my man. I ended up switching to a bench emphasis, when I can bench 315 again I may switch back to pressing. Will remember your advice

How do I do a proper dumbell shoulder press? All I know is barbell OHP

Supersquats, ohp, compound lifts and lots of foods. But mostly supersquats

Stand motherfucker stand

>what's better for two conflicting goals at the same time?
You can't have it all. Pick strength or size. There's obviously some overlap, but a routine optimized for strength is not going to be optimized for size and vice versa.

Standing probably. That being said, seated is probably slightly better for your actual shoulders.
When you do a standing press, you use more of your upper back (when you push your head through). Nothing wrong with a strong upper back though.

I think my form is shit. I can get 135 lbs on standing overhead press 5x5... but on seated barbell shoulder press I can barely get 95 lbs. I was doing a 15/12/10/8/6/6 set today and I had to drop weight to conolete the set... down to 65 lbs!! Nwow... I DO use my legs for a little bump off the chest when I'm doing standing ohp... but once its chin level it's zero legs involved the rest of the way. On seated barbell shoulder press I don't lower it below my chin because getting it off my chest is a bitch.

Fix me Veeky Forums

>not working in with a dyel while he deadlifts
are you even trying

pls delete this

How about handstand pushups? Used to love overhead barbell press but had an inguinal hernia so now I'm scared to do them

so now you should understand how much of a boost you are giving yourself when standing and pressing. stop that, you are robbing your upper body of their gains.

why would I stop natural selection

>overhead press
>don’t even report to my boss
>don’t even work for a newspaper company

Post moar grinch

Gross, attention whore that can't go out in public without 5 layers of caked on makeup. So "quirky" in photos but probably will spend a date staring at her phone the whole time.

God damn I want to become her bf, and then get on some roids so ill fuck her hard as hell like 6 times a day while making her constantly apologize for having a flat and underdeveloped body all the while making ridiculous ahegao faces/noises until she thinks shes worthless and the only way she can redeem herself is by being my semen recepticale.

Problems?

same

Standing in the squat rack is the only option. It's almost like waving your dick in everyone's faces.

I hope her freckles are natty because they're perfect.

>Trusting jewgle

>Whats better for overall strength and mass building?
Well seated is easier and puts more emphasis on your shoulders rather than back or core. So it would probably be better for mass.

who is this fluid druid

kek'd, so here's your (You)

Took the very words out of my mouth user.

They are obviously fake like the rest of her face

dumbbell ohp is awkward for me. are you sure you arent mixing it up with dumbbell shoulder press, which isnt the same thing as your arms have changed position.

mah nigga

>wheny our only sense in life is dressing up as degenerate and sharing selfies on social media

You are describing Push Press, Not strict press

>degenerate >>>>>>>/r9k /

>current year
>not pressing smol flat (girls) overhead for maximum test gains and actual functional strength

U won't be able to, she knows she's hot
She'll never date ur sorry ass

It is a girl you retards, her Instagram was posted in a Veeky Forums thread couple weeks ago

What is the OHP variation called where you don't put your head through the bar to use rear delts and you keep your head behind the bar for pure front delt work?

Wtf is that thing and why hasn’t it been killed?

It’s a woman and they make up half the worlds population

>its a woman

the fuck did you just say about my trapfu

I dunno. I do military press. Currently at 205. It has added to my bench a lot. 10/10 would reccomend. Ask me anything about it.

She doesn’t look like she has a benis in her pics

I used to do seated in my old gym and switched.
Strenght wise it's not match, standing is so much more difficult. seated is basically a really vertical incline bench press