Rowing

Sup Veeky Forums

Whats a decent pace for rowing 30 mins?

I've just rowed 7342 in 30 minutes at a pace of 2.03/500m. Is this any good? On a concept 2 at level 10.

Rowing tips in general i guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepeteplan.wordpress.com/beginner-training/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>at a pace of 2.03/500m
literally everyone is able to do this

So everyone can keep up that consistent pace for 30 minutes?

>On a concept 2 at level 10.
first of, that's damper fan settings, not difficulty settings, change it to whatever feels most comfortable, or if you want to be a proper rower, 6 for male 5 for female.
>Is this any good?
for a beginner to cardio training, yes it's very standard, however you often do two sets of them not one.
>Rowing tips in general i guess.
If your intention is to improve your 2k erg time, you need to mix your training up between long distant steady states (i.e 10km, 20km) and short distant interval training (i.e 10x500 w/ 1-1:30m rest)
and now your intention is to push those numbers down

I can barely row 600 meters at 1.50/500m, then take a break, and row 2 * 500 at 1.50-1.55/500m

How do you improve?

yeah pretty much

like its not bad in any way, it's good for long intervals of low impact cardio but it's not really enough to challenge your systems -- doing like 500m intervals at max intensity will probably net you better results

>rowing anywhere in 2017

Ah okay. So for better overall cardio gains and endurance, i'm better off training in shorter intense bursts?

Standard beginner plan - thepeteplan.wordpress.com/beginner-training/

As user above said, you need to mix long distance and intervals. Do a 1K or 2K test now, after 3 months and after 6 months to see if you're progressing.

So is there a standard time for different distances?

You train, by building up to 10x600 and do long distances

Nice, i'll check this out and apply it. Its really to give me some cardio to mix it uo between lift days (strength training)

I'm dead beat in my arms / shoulders or possibly my back, hard to tell after 3rd set though.
Any form of efficiency is lost after that.

Housemate is a p gud rower, he says that the improvements in his 2k and 5k come from long (60 minute minimum) steady pieces in low heart rate zones, with 10 minute bursts where you move up a zone or two

Row a 5k in under 25 minutes on a Concept 2 model D and you are in an OK place.

I do this every morning in right around 21-22 minutes and I'm pretty sure i will never have a heart attack now.

Collegiate rower here, the slowest in our crew pull about 1.50 for half an hour.
Best way to improve is just do loads of miles on the machine, below lactate threshold

i like those for HIIT
makes my glutes and legs on fire

What sea shanties do you guys listen to as you row?

thats p gud
I'm rowing 6000/30 min

>everyone can row at a pace 2min/500m for a long period of time

You are more full of shit than a sewer. I row regularly at my gym, occasionally glancing over at the pace of the person beside me, and I've never seen anyone row at that pace for long. In fact, few row at that pace for even their first 500m. Why must Veeky Forums always make such ridiculous claims about the fitness levels of the average gym-goer? If you faggots are to be believed, then everyone in the gym can bench 250, squat 315, do 20 pullups, and run a 5 minute mile.

You are correct about HIIT, though. Training in 4 500m intervals works your heart and other muscles more than just rowing 2km straight.

Yes, people seem to think that the x:xx/500m is your true pace when it can be achieved by either rowing fast or pulling heavy. At my rowing club 2:00 is the standard for a warm up for the guys and 2:20 for the girls

What you should be looking at is also your strokes per minute, 18 is generally a very slow pace and 30 is what we use for speed in races. 2:00 at rate 18 is a lot less impressive than 2:00 at rate 30. For races we'll hit 1:20/30 at rate 28/30

Guys I would like to row for HIIT to get my cardio up, my cardio is really fucking bad and I even feel exhausted after a set of squats and it's not the weakness of the muscle, it's my breath and cardio.
Should I do a 20-30min HIIT unit before or after lifting?

>before or after lifting?
it doesn't fucking matter

I get the same shit about being exhausted from weightlifting. Did a heartrate thing for a fitness-related class for college and my 'score' was terrible. Wondering if cardio is the solution to fixing this problem during regular weightlifting