How Anglo-Saxon is England?

Conventional history states that the English are Anglo-Saxons who committed genocide against the native Britons and drove them into Wales and Cornwall, but now a narrative of the English being descended primarily from the native Britons who interbred with their Anglo-Saxon conquerors is emerging.
What does Veeky Forums think? Are the English actual Anglo-Saxons, or just Celt LARPers?

Attached: kit harington.jpg (396x594, 47K)

>WE WUZ CELTS N SHIEEEETT
English think Arthur was their ancestor. Lmao arthur killed their ancestors

Not necessarily if it's true that the English are predominantly native Briton.

The Saxons had a significant effect on British genetics but no, modern ethnic Brits are still primarily descended from the ancient Britons.

we know that in the beginning there was intermarriage between the two groups; famed marriages and the like, but it really depends on the kingdom. Its likely that the kingdoms of Northumbria and Kent outright expelled the welsh as we understand that these kingdoms did get into wars with the Britons, but Mercia and Wessex were probably more tolerant of the welsh and intermarriage as otherwise the 'Welsh Marches' wouldn't have really existed.

Modern english we wuzzers pretend they're still celts based on the shaky results of this guy called oppenheimer who conducted a dna test.

Just FYI kit Harrington is from quite an upper class family, so I would put his "swarthy" appearance down to Norman ancestry than native Briton

Norman ancestry is extremely diluted in England though. They have been interbreeding with the English for centuries. During the late Middle Ages and the Renaissance social mobility increased drastically and you found the English elite (beyond the monarchy and a few nobles) to be vastly English. Cromwell has Anglo-Welsh, for example. No Norman iirc.

All I can think of when I read this is that stupid round table paining Henry VIII made with his face on Arthur, was he fucking serious?

Doesn't it depend on the part of England?
I remember reading that some parts were Danish (in the North), some were Anglo-Saxon, some were from the aboriginal Britons, etc;

Normans were Danes mixed with Northern French people.

Good point. Why would a monarch belonging to the house of the Penmynydd Twdwrs, whose ancestor Ednyfed Fychan belonged to the personal retinue of Llewellyn, identify himself with a king of the Britons?
Sickening LARP.

Henry VIII was of the Welsh Tudor dynasty, though. Obviously the Tudors had a lot of interest in Welsh mythology, Henry VII being Welsh himself and taking a lot of interest in Welsh folklore and history. When he was at war with Richard III his banner was literally the modern day Welsh flag, referencing the ancient Welsh myth of the red dragon (Wales) that would free itself of the white dragon (England).

Henry II was the first English king to show an interest in Arthur. Edward I dug up Arthurs remains and had them enshrined at glastonbury abbey, he also supposedly larped as him. Edward III set up round table tournaments and he based the order of the garter on Knights of the round table.
English LARP as Arthur is endless

>English

Norman. Or Frankish if you want to start a bicker.
Foucault put forward the idea that the Norman aristocracy ressurected the Arthurian cycle in response to the 'indigenous' mythology of such figures as Hereward Wake.
In a way, they were reminding the English that the Saxons were also invasive, thereby shoring up their legitimacy as a conquest dynasty.
Was aristocratic LARP. Like Mehmed II 'my son' writing letters to I think the king of France greeting him as a fellow Trojan and celebrating their race's final revenge on the hated Hellenes.

Edward I is considered to be culturally English, one of the first few kings who embraced England.

He was named after Edward the confessor and made it a point that the English language was great and should be preserved. By now French was merely the administrative language like latin used to be

Normandy weren't swarthy you muppet

Normans, fucking autocorrect

Undoubtedly more Germanic than Western and Southern Germany, and people don't call Germans Celtic larpers, so why should the English be?

All frenchoids are black

Don't forget Slavic east Germany

Anglos are a bastard race they are neither Germanic or Celtic.

There's no such thing as a non-bastard race.

They're not pure germanic but they are quite germanic

Attached: 1488565116138.png (1080x641, 798K)

Yes there is. We are a 'mixed' people but unlike the English our mixture was equitable and legitimate, whereas theirs was mass gang rape over and over again, in every hole.
They are a bastard, humiliated race and a nation of livestock bred for slaughter.

And what "people" do you belong to?

Where the fuck are you from then? Reminder that only anglosphere countries are relevant

Current science indicates that "white people" generally came about between a mixture of four different distinct populations approx 10,000 yrs ago before you even start trying to make distinctions of how "Germanics" and "Celts" and "Britons" are all distinct populations you could somehow call "races".

T. Hans Ivanovich

East Anglia is Germanic, the rest are shitskin Celtic, Iberian and Semitic mutts.

Attached: germanic_vs_anglo.jpg (6048x2768, 3.1M)

>celts aren't white

Attached: 1518982270265.png (1038x1470, 1.06M)

I've seen Arabs whiter than this

Attached: Colin_Farrell_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (1200x1831, 259K)

S C O T L AN D
F R E E D O M E

You don't see the point faggot. You're fucking cherry-picking just like i did. Can't you see it's fucking pointless?

Irish rapebaby

>Briton
>Brythonic
>not synonymous in this context
Also, Scotland should be included on Anglo-Saxon. Lowland Scots are literal Anglo-Saxons.

Lowland Scots are Anglo-Saxon. Lol. Are you a highlander? If not, I've got some bad news for you baby.

Do you think Orlando Bloom looks like a Dane? Or like a Spaniard?

Attached: gettyimages-50833842.jpg (669x892, 183K)

>only Anglosphere countries are relevant
You mean the USA which isn't really Anglo anymore. UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia are completely irrelevant.

Yeah and look at these prime examples of the Danish people

Attached: article-0-1FB9A59400000578-548_634x501.jpg (634x501, 81K)

Yeah, whatever USA. But our ancestors are from England.

>Normans were Danes mixed with Northern French people.
Genetically that's where Anglos cluster. Between Northern French and Scandinavians.

Attached: file.png (349x257, 61K)

Do you think Mads Mikkelsen looks like a Dane? Or like a Spaniard?

Attached: Mads.jpg (900x600, 49K)

He looks french

Meme. Gaels and Picts merged after Fortriu subdued Dal Riada. If you are referring to the wider migration theory, then you should know the archeological evidence for invasion is absent.
Try any of the others.

Brits are Brits. Germanic genes from the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Frisians are present, most strongly in the southeast, with Roman, Danish, and Norman blood in drops here and there, but Brits are their own things.

Well he's not a swarthoid.

I said we were mixed, and that it was legitimate issue. Saxons intermarried with Picts before the two kingdoms merged, I'm fairly sure they also married into Gaelic families.
Do you think that if the Scots had raped and pillaged in Lothian, there would have been many Saxon burghs left? Or that refugee noblemen from the South would seek refuge there after the bastard bastardised?
Rape babies may resent our dignity, but they cannot fail to respect the boabie.

Yes, but the Angles* raped and pillaged the natives of the Lowlands that you are descended from.
Lol. You are mongrels like the English, mongrels of the native Britons and Anglo-Saxon rapists, but ALSO the Scots.

The modern English man is 60% Celtic and 40% Anglo-Saxon.

He doesn't look like a Spaniard, at all. Look like some Fin porked his granny.

He has an eastern european vibe, that's why they picked him for Hannibal.

Attached: d43c31db09563a1db122d00a74bf8dd0--mads-mikkelsen-pictures-of.jpg (600x903, 56K)

There is virtually no Roman blood, it's a meme. The "Romans" from empire days were mostly romanized local Britons, not actual Italians.

The point is that he's swarthy as fuck for a Dane but isn't representative of all of Denmark.

He's not swarthy, he's light skinned and very robust, like a Finn or Russian. His brother even played the russian prime minister in House Of Cards. You won't find those faces in the Iberian peninsula, only in Northern Europe.

Attached: o3_1280.jpg (1280x907, 410K)

Attached: 36A6689D00000578-3711040-A_study_of_DNA_collected_by_the_family_history_website_Ancestry_-a-2_146969 (470x473, 45K)

Nice .jpg but it isn't accurate.

>you are descended from

My family are descended from Highlanders.
That said, whether or not the Saxons raped the Britons is irrelevant, as they were Saxons, and not Scots.
The component which transformed the Saxons into Scots was legitimate and gradual. What created modern Scots as a nation was simply a more gradual and equal relation between peoples than the mass ass rape that was the ethnogenesis of the 'English'.

>ALSO

The Scots were native Britons.
I'm using Scots as a shorthand for the Albannach as they were in the 9th century, which is to say Gaelo-Pictish.
As I've already said, the ignorant underestimate the longevity of Gaelic presence in Scotland.
Where, may I ask, are you from?

Nope, that's swarthy. Not to mention that he has brown hair and brown eyes. Yes, he doesn't look like a Spaniard. But only said Spaniard in my post because I copied what the other guy said. I thought my point would be obvious but apparently people are too autistic to figure it out. The point is that he doesn't look "Germanic" whatsoever, and if you try arguing that he does then you're coping quite hard. But no one would be stupid enough to use him as evidence for Denmark not being Germanic. So why should cherrypicking only apply to England?

I unironically thought John Oliver must be Jewish but he's apparently pure English. So they really do look like that.

I'm Welsh-German.
Lowland "Scots" are descended from Anglo-Saxons. It's why you spoke Scots instead of Gaelic. The Highlanders (actual Scots) called Lowland Scots the English in Scotland or something like that.
I prefer the Scots to the English, but you should at least not talk shit about being mutts when you are even bigger mutts

He looks like a Germanic/Uralic mutt. Kit Harrington actually looks fully South European.

He does not look Germanic whatsoever.

Nigger he literally just said he descends from Highlanders and not Lowlanders.

Germanic is only a linguistic term, Germans are different from region to region, there are many morpholigal variations inside every population in Europe but there are clearly more Anglos that pass for Southern Europeans like Russel Brand, Orlando Bloom, Kit Harrington, Rowan Atkinson and John Oliver. You won't find those in that frequency in the North and Northeast.

Attached: 06-john-oliver.w600.h315.2x.jpg (1200x630, 46K)

Imagine white nationalists being so fucking retarded they actually have debates over waves of migrants that arrived over 1500 years ago and were completely naturalized into the population. Being a Briton or Saxon or Norman has absolutely no relevance in Britain today, it's literally the right wing equivalent of scrambling for "nonbinary" gender identities to make yourself feel speshul.

Are you two Americans?

Ik, but Lowland Scotland is still his own nation.
Unfortunately not, though I'll move over there if Wales doesn't become less of an economic wasteland.

>Germanic is only a linguistic term
Hence why I put it in quotation marks.

>Germans are different from region to region, there are many morpholigal variations inside every population in Europe but there are clearly more Anglos that pass for Southern Europeans
Doesn't make the English not a Germanic people. If you're going to include Western and Southern Germans as Germanic, you're going to have to include the English as Germanic.

You're a dirty poof and a mutt and you are trying to tell me about my country.
Which of your parents is the gutter whore and what do you call the john she squeezed the muck out of?

>The Highlanders (actual Scots) called Lowland Scots the English in Scotland or something like that.

Yeah, in order to take the piss. Inglis was used as an insult or as mockery. The Lowlanders called them Erse for the same reason.
Gaels were already settled in much of what is now called the Lowlands, they began speaking English over centuries.
The division is exaggerated in a purposeful fashion by historians of the modern era who either want to contrast the noble Catholic Gaelic freedom fighter with the oppressive Anglicised sellout, or the civilised Protestant Germanic of Anglo-Saxon stock with the crypto-negroid and savage Irishman.

>Doesn't make the English not a Germanic people
Don't deny that, I just came to say that Mads and most Danish doesn't qualify as South European but many Anglos do, based on looks alone.

Nothing wrong with being a mutt, poofta.

I don't give a shit about 'white people', I care about my nation, i.e. the Scots.
Being a Briton has relevance to the Welsh, or at least some of them.

It's not right-wing white nationalists but most regular people who are interested in their ancestry. You're pretty spot on otherwise, though. It's not strange for people to divide and separate each others among themselves.

There is if you're a deformed bastard whose father was scraped off of a cubicle floor in Cardiff.

>Pale face
>dirty blond hair
>hazel eyes
>that cranial structure
Definitely a Dane

Damn straight.
Nationhood is more important than ethnicity

Arthur was a Roman.

im an american, my dad's side of the family is like 90% british/irish with some french, but they look like stereotypical jews with the big noses, curved heads, and wide faces. there's something about british and especially irish people that makes them different from the regular whiteoids

>Pale face
Nope

Projection there, Ian.

Your ancestors were kikes who started LARPing as Irish to avoid antisemitism. America is so mongrelized it's not even funny yet they believe they're white, look at faces like Babe Ruth and tell me they don't have nigger blood in them.

Sehr originell, Berndi.

Attached: mehmed pls.png (450x300, 166K)

>*WE WUZ ROMANZ N SHIETTT

Ancient Britons were nafris. That is the reason for the lightbulb head, that is the reason for John Oliver.
That and the taint of the Deep are the reasons why British people looks the way they does.

Babe Ruth doesn't have any "nigger blood" in him
You just outed yourself as a retard

>pure Germanic blood!
This is literalky the face of a quadroon

Attached: ruth.jpg (598x800, 89K)

Except he isn't a quadroon.

Explain his looks then. His grandmother probably fucked a nigger and didn't tell anyone about it.

This is what /pol/ does to your brain.
Have you ever seen an Irishman? The country has a diverse population and there are many features of Irishmen that are unique to them. Just because he isn't some red haired, blue eyed ghost doesn't mean he isn't Irish. Take a look at his Father and they look near identical. Notice how his father isn't a mulatto.

Attached: Babe Ruth Father.jpg (500x349, 84K)

It's not about eye color you brainlet. It's the gigantic wide and flat African nose.

fuck off assburger

Attached: in the minority.png (1000x1011, 396K)

Wow.
I'll tell 23&me to stop that genetic testing bullshit, tell them to just send peoples pictures to you so you can use your powers to determine their genetic ancestry

You've got Babe Ruth's DNA test?

Nah
Don't need any, I'm talking to a genius who can tell if your grandfather got cucked by a black by your noise size.

>he's never heard of the Borreby or Brunn phenotype

Attached: borreby.jpg (208x260, 7K)

Too bad Ruth is neither.

Are all Americans this oblivious to racial traits?

Not anyone in the discussion but I never saw someone with a nose like Ruth's from Germany or Ireland.

>Whiter than you Ahmed

Less than 56%