Would the modern left accept him?

Would the modern left accept him?

Attached: John_Brown.jpg (720x900, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217
usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/01/05/black-americans-have-fewer-years-to-live-heres-why
naacp.org/criminal-justice-fact-sheet/
bjs.gov/index.cfm?iid=2237&ty=pbdetail
nij.gov/topics/corrections/recidivism/Pages/welcome.aspx
cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db293.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170928121641.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The archaic left did, so why wouldn't the modern one? Union troops sang "John Brown's Body" as they burned the South down.

It's me or his face is extremely unsettling to look at?

please explain to the classroom why user

Uhh, yes. He's loved by the left wing. Man was a hero.

Absolutely
At the time the response from the north was mixed, he had a lot of supporters
These days leftists are so hungry for action and so removed from the consequences of their foolishness they'd take this guy up in a fucking heartbeat, but would have a lot less desire to actually go to war over it

Yes.

Its what being poor does to the skin.

Yes, on the matter of slavery. However think of it this way.

A modern equivalent of this guy would be someone who wanted to end the modern racism in the south by acts of terrorism against the racists in power (president/republican leaders).

While some portion of left might support his views, the majority of left won't support his actions. Such, a modern equivalent would be labeled a terrorist/violent person. This is what he was back then to the left.

This.

Abraham Lincoln flat out condemned John Brown

There's a difference in terrorism against police brutality as opposed to slavery.

He was a Christian, so no. Did you hear about what they did to poor Liz Bruenig just for being Catholic?

No. Unlike modern leftists, John Brown wasn't a pussy.

He is pretty ugly but Lincoln hands down is the ugliest (famous) American by far. I use to have nightmares of him growing up. No joke

Lincoln was pretty well humored about his ugliness at least. He made plenty of self deprecating jokes about it.

He supported the 2nd Amendment, so no.

That is true. Supposedly he was also a very funny man

The joke was something along the lines of his political opponents accusing him of being two-faced. Honest Abe's response was something along the lines of "if I had two faces, do you really think this is the one that I would show in public?"

I detest political violence, and he most certainly was a terrorist. But I suppose his view that the USA could not end slavery without violence was proven correct.

It was a different time, you really can't compare any of the political issues the US faces today to slavery.

You could say prison is institutionalized slavery.

perhaps, but what we were talking about was chattel slavery where the slaves were property that could be bought sold and inherited, and the children of slaves were automatically slaves as well.

That's a stretch, also children aren't entered into prison systems with life sentences when they are born.

That's what the segregated communities are for, blighted, shitty neighborhoods with blighted, shitty schools and no real chance of upward social mobility to specifically manufacture them into criminals

Attached: ATV-prison-mass.jpg (1024x679, 328K)

A lot of the reason the modern left acts like they do is because they don't have something truly evil of the actual magnitude of slavery to fight against like Brown did. It's just not comparable. Like what the fuck would he even do today?

>”If John Brown were still alive, we might accept him”.
>Malcolm X, when asked if white people could join the Organization of African Unity

I’d say yes. Sadly, there’s not a single self-proclaimed “white ally” alive today has the guts to do what John Brown did

It's a fucking travesty in its own right but comparing it to slavery is still just a sociopolitical meme to shock and draw attention to the issue. I get it and they're both awful but the actual institutions aren't that comparable.

This question doesn't make any sense. Lincolns policy and political views would change if he was in modern times.

do something about the human trafficking maybe

I'd compare it to the differences between slavery and feudalism

>slavery: we literally own you
>serfdom: we are legally entitled to the fruits of your labor

At the end of the day it's still disenfranchised labor, one just hides beneath the veneer of legal procedure, when in practice there are so many laws on the books that things which would get a white person a slap on the wrist would get a young black man thrown in jail for months, especially with police who specifically train in goading them into attacking them so that they have an excuse to apprehend them.

I agree that they're not completely the same, but they're issues which are cut from the same cloth

While strictly true, we can liberalize the definition a lit.

There are roughly 37 million African American in the US. Given a rough 50% is male, that leaves us with 18.5 M male population. Each year of age constitutes ~1.35% (on average) of the population. As African Americans live ~74 years. We can probably exclude 1-12 year olds, 16.2% of the 18.5M. That leaves us with 15.5M male population from 12-74. 2.3M of those 15.5M are in prison. The gender ratio in prison for African American is ~ 17:1. So from 2.3M that leaves us with ~2.1M male prisoners. 2.1/15.5 is 13.5% of the African American population in constant state of imprisonment. Given that they get new and release old, there is a very high chance that every African American male knows someone who went to prison.

National recidivism rate is ~75% for 5 years time period. So every 5 years, a fresh 25%(25% of 13.5% = 3.3%) is added to prisoner list. With 74 life expectancy / 5 = ~15. 3.3% * 15 = ~50% of the population + 13.5% 63% of male population. Yearly death rate for African American is ~1%. So 63 - 15% -1% = 47%. This means that "high chance" = nearly half of all black male will have been in prison, statistically speaking.

In prison, your labor is basically free, so this is slavery by another name. These african americans are born in slavery.

>census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217
>usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/01/05/black-americans-have-fewer-years-to-live-heres-why
>naacp.org/criminal-justice-fact-sheet/
>bjs.gov/index.cfm?iid=2237&ty=pbdetail
>nij.gov/topics/corrections/recidivism/Pages/welcome.aspx
>cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db293.htm

HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON

This model ofcourse suggest a linear prison population. However that is not what we see either. In fact, the prison population maybe growing.

Attached: US-prison-population-1925-2015.png (3662x2713, 175K)

>47%
>B-bullshit, that's too high.
Although I couldn't find actual sources since it was my own estimate, here's a paper on how many percentage of African American have a felony record.

It says roughly 33% of African American males have felony records. Now that's different from my own estimate of 47%. However people go to jail for misdemeanor offenses too(can hold you for upto a year), so that rest probably fills the rest of the 14% gap.

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170928121641.htm

Attached: 170928121641_1_900x600.jpg (777x600, 49K)

That's the face of a cold blooded murderer of men women and children and terrorist of the USA

This, Abe's face embodies his wickedness. He's honestly disturbing to look at.

No on account of his religiosity.

His vision of an ideal America was the Saudi-tier theocracy that Dominionist faggots and Handmaid's Tale fans all circlejerk to. So it's safe to assume Brown wouldn't have put up with the more-genders-than-virgins-Islamic-terrorists-receive-in-heaven nonsense that is the cornerstone of modern leftism.

Also Separation of Church and State is the White Man's Institution. Theocracy is for superstitious Semites and Africans.

Attached: absolutely tyrannical small.gif (390x270, 3.94M)