Are we allowed to discuss anthropology oh Veeky Forums?

Are we allowed to discuss anthropology oh Veeky Forums?

Attached: IMG_20180315_183401.jpg (1966x2048, 237K)

plz go

bump

good thread

yes

no

maybe

I just read pic related. How true is it?

Attached: The_10,000_Year_Explosion_(Cover)[1].jpg (256x390, 37K)

Anthropology is a humanity so yes.

humans are the best apes like if you agree

It's basically the scientific sibling of history.

I'd fuck an Australopithecus, or any other hominid for that matter. Would be like a more extreme form of interracial. Kinda hot desu.

They aren't apes you pleb, they hominids.

Realistically, what would've happened if other hominids had survived with us to the modern age? Would they be pets? Second class citizens?

Lots wrong

Would have done what we did irl and fuck em like crazy till we were one species. Alternatively we would do our other favorite thing as a species and genocide/enslave them till they cease to exist. Fucking and killing seems like the most obvious answer desu.

We democracy now. We want Air Jordans for Australopithecus people.

Attached: australopithepedes.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

Who /anthmajor/ here?

hominids are apes, bitch

I'd fuck the Homo erectus floresiensis. It would be like fucking a goblin. So fucking hot.

this desu

me no like post

Attached: dude.jpg (835x835, 89K)

These German guys do awesome life-like reconstructions of ancient human species, I'll post a few.

Attached: homo_erectus.jpg (1960x1307, 1.55M)

Attached: neanderthalstein.jpg (636x486, 39K)

Is another cognitive revolution at hand? ecause with upcoming transhuman technology we may achieve autosentience.

Attached: The Cognitive Revolution.jpg (3264x1842, 2.19M)

Attached: australopith.jpg (1960x1307, 1.32M)

Attached: Afarensis.jpg (1024x494, 161K)

Attached: erectuspekensis.jpg (601x880, 139K)

>equating artificial body modification with biological evolution

ISHYGDDT

The The Cognitive Revolution 70.000 years ago, occured in the same species, also I'm not talking about the body but the mind.
And yes I agree, transhumanism is not part of evolution, but humanity isn't part of evolution since atleast 10.000 years

I want to study anthropology, but I’m not sure if it’s the best major for me to go into. I essentially just want to know and learn as much about Human Evolution as possible. Would Bio bachelor’s with a PhD in Evo. Bio. be better?

So much wrong in so few words.

Yeah it was within the same species, but it was due to biological evolution. The mind is a result of the structure of the brain, it has a physical manifestation. Humanity is evolving right now and is all the time.

why are you posting all these abbo pics?

Attached: Heidlbergensis.jpg (1024x486, 160K)

>Humanity is evolving
do you have any source of that? evolution does not occur if there is no selective pressure on the species. see sharks an example or living fossils, the only change humanity will have is by genetic engineering, cybernetic implants and nano-hybridisation, gradual mind upload.

My bachelor's is in anthropology, though I focused much more heavily on archaeology than physical anthro (That's where 99% of the jobs are - private sector archaeology - unless you plan on staying in academia, which is highly competitive.)

Although there's a lot to be said for formal education in a subject, the truth is, if it's simply that you're interested in human evolution & the history of the species, you can study that just fine on your own. Even better, you can audit classes in it while majoring in something more marketable. College isn't cheap (presuming you're American) - when you pick your major, especially if you're considering grad school, you need to have some kind of an endgame in mind. I'm not trying to make this unnecessarily complicated, but you need to ask yourself, once you're done with school, what do you want to do?

Why do you think there are no selection pressures on humans? Sexual selection alone is active.

b-b-but boomer-sama told me that I can just start taking general eds and figure t out along the way.

No, that's racist.

Take it to /pol/.

>discussing different species
>racist

Does it hurt being this retarded?

*Like*

Got me a new gf Veeky Forums

Attached: image_content_9221020_20171207191144.jpg (1024x768, 444K)

>Sexual selection alone is active.
Not enough for humanity to develope another species.

Evolution creating change does not require speciation. There is a lot of room between any variation and two different species.

time to smash

Attached: 8neanderthal.jpg (2597x2563, 3.03M)

THICC

>ywn breed thicc neanderthals bitches and create superhuman descendants known as europeans.
It's not fair.

Attached: ! !.png (432x616, 215K)

Asians have more neanderthal than europeans

But they did eat meat. They scavenged.

>ywn breed thicc neanderthals bitches

There is no genetic evidence of female Neanderthal + male Human breeding, it’s all male Neanderthal + Human female, which implies rape as suggested by this author;

Attached: Neanderthals were Orcs.jpg (267x400, 18K)

hardly. our biological design preceded any innovations made after hunter/gatherer

This meme again