The Japanese don't kill off all the Christians in Japan during the 1600's

>the Japanese don't kill off all the Christians in Japan during the 1600's
How does this change history?

Attached: 1515332602858.png (684x684, 209K)

It wouldnt change history at all, christian population wasn't growing as fast as it had to. Religion didint matter much past 17th century due to 30y war, nontheless it would be fun to see catholic jap.

The Jews destroy another noble race.

We don't get this absolute kino

Attached: fid17144.jpg (350x522, 25K)

>How does this change history
The Japanese stop being heathen savages.

Attached: St Magdalene of Nagasaki.jpg (400x505, 92K)

Philippines

Japan becomes a colony of European country like Portugese or something.

Most likely nothing happens changes, but there are two interesting options about the Meiji restoration, considering it was led by southern Daimyos who historically were more Christian
1) Instead of restoring the emperor, the reformers create a modern republic with freedom of religion, modernizing Japan much earlier

Even less likely, but a fun idea:
2)The emperor somehow converts to Christianity, returns to power, and goes full デウス・ブルト all over Asia

I didn't really like the ending, where it turned out he was a christfag all along.

There's an entire category on Wikipedia for "Anti-Catholicism"
BWhahahaahaha POOR BABIES! PERSECUTED!
DINNDU
NUFFIN
>catholic church
>victim
Just saying them together makes me giggle and gives me a shit eating grin

Attached: Catholics showing Christ to Waldensians.jpg (500x323, 54K)

We lose yet another precious form of paganism to the cathocucks.

As evil as the CC is, the Japanese converts really were innocent

That would suck, but the loss of europolytheism wasn't permanent, and honestly the modern day japanese are very secular people who mostly view religion as a social tool more then anything else.

But that's exactly what happened.

This Also
Brazil would have had more japanese slaves.
Portuguese taking asians as slaves was one of the reasons they were expelled and christianity prohibited after all.

Prime example of a subhuman!
Have a (you)

Shintoism is one of the biggest jokes in the religious landscape. They still all their philosophical aspects from buddhism anyway

The entire point of the movie is that he always is one. It isn’t a twist that he is.

I believe in reincarnation and Karma. Every Crusader will be reborn as a Martyr or worse.

Attached: 1450668684858.jpg (1280x1569, 463K)

You say that probably living in a post-protestant country/world were Catholics wouldn't burn you and your entire family to death for, God forbid, looking a things from a different light. The day will come again.

>wouldn't burn you and your entire family to death for, God forbid, looking a things from a different light.
...like what the shogunate did to Japanese converts?

Like what the Converts would have eventually done to the Shogunate and the Pagans?

The movie is about how the ceremony of the church and its real manifestation isn't what matters but what is written on the hearts of the faithful. It wasn't necessary for the main character to prove his piety, especially when the cost in bloodshed was so high. He did his very best, was a man of courage and stayed true to God the whole time and that's what matters.

they burned mostly crypto-Jews, not protestants, idiot.

Having actually studied the ancient Norse-Germanic religion, I can see modern "paganism" for the Frankensteinian abomination that it is.
It's dead man. The old traditions are dead.
The Japanese at least have continuity and didn't burn their major religious centers or destroy the records.
I don't want to practice these old religions. I want to understand them, because they fascinate me, and provide insight into the religion of the original Indo-Europeans. Obviously, Japanese religion wouldn't, but it's still valuable just by virtue of not being corrupted by Christianity.

Oh really? Compared to what exactly? The religion of some clown that got nailed to some wood and had his body dumped in a ditch? The religion of some idiotic pedophile warlord who supposedly "had a vision"(read, a bad acid trip) in a cave? Or maybe we go with the progenitors of abrahamic horseshit, a bunch of stupid iron age jews who got righteously face-fucked by all their neighbors, and wound getting so asspained about that they made up a religion to assuage their butthurt.

I disagree that this matters as much as you think it does, you're basically saying that Norse polytheism isn't practiced the same way is now compared to the way it was practiced originally, but the thing is there was a great deal of variation in how these old faiths were practiced and modern variations of the faith in question are not really different in this sense.

You are correct however that a continual uncontaminated tradition would be a much better object of study.

Modern classic.

>Your glory is their suffering

I mean honestly, the Japanese depicted in the novel/film were smart as fuck. They knew they couldn't stamp Christianity the old fashioned way. Probably favourite part of the film was the sheer civility of Father Ferreira's trial.

>We lose yet another precious form of paganism
They were savages, pagancuck.

>>christards
>>not savages
Fuck off christcuck.

Well, as I understand it, they took traditions that came from completely different locales and mashed it all together.
Original worship was indeed extremely varied, but I personally can't abide any recreation that borrows from distant local traditions. It sort of defeats the point, because it's not really the religion of their ancestors, nor is it academically sound. For instance, celebrating a predominately German holiday when you're using primarily Norse stuff as your basis. Yes, it is "Norse-Germanic." The two are similar enough to be lumped together. But it's still *Norse*-*Germanic.* For all their similarities, there's enough for them to remain distinct entities. At least, as I understand it. My personal studies don't make me less of a layman.

I readily confess I'm also a pedant.

Look at it like this, given no monotheism, wouldn't those traditions have eventually merged anyway as scandinavia and germany developed? Seems like a silly thing to be upset about.

>>I readily confess I'm also a pedant.
Well, you are on the board for it.

>You say that probably living in a post-protestant country/world were Catholics wouldn't burn you
>Implying protestants didn't burn people
Go read a book

Attached: Michael_Servetus.jpg (1200x1639, 998K)

>start with a religion of backwards tribals
>suckles the teat of pagan civilization
>inculcates Stoic thought, one of the finest philosophies
>hundreds of years of persecution, and the dumb animals yet persist
>later thinkers continually jerk off Plato
>a renaissance is required to slough off the worst of the christcucks poisoned thinking and return to ancient values
Whatever you say bud.

Some of them might have, some of them might not. A lot of local traditions and folklore still survive, so presuming continuity existed because no forced conversion, I'd assume that the regional cult variations would survive in some form another, while national versions of the myths would rise to prominence.
Of course, all sorts of things could happen. A clerical elite could be established somehow and dictate what's right and wrong, possibly even destroying "false narratives." But I don't think the structure of most ancient European religion really lends itself to the development of such a clerical elite. The Greeks had no Vatican equivalent that I'm aware of. Delphi was undoubtedly one of the most sacred places, but most gods had primary temples in different regions. Granted, they weren't politically unified, but if a highly urbanized and civilized culture like the Greeks didn't produce a centralized clerical elite, it seems improbable that the Norse-Germanic tribes would.
The ones who did fuse local myths, like Ovid in the Metamorphoses, pretty much sold it in the marketplace of ideas. It grew popular not because he was clergy, but because the literate class thought he was speaking truth.
At least, that's how I heard it.

This assumes that no serious political unification would occur. I could very easily see Germany unifying under a single king eventually, and the same is true for Scandinavia, granted it would take more time without the influence of christian clergy to act as a ready made class of civil servants, but depending on the circumstances either Rome itself or various Roman successor states could also have influenced Germany and Scandinavia to organize into larger kingdoms.

Whoops missed this.
>>Granted, they weren't politically unified
Dude, this matters a lot. There's all sorts of reasons why political unification would eventually lead to religious and cultural unification as well.

>>but if a highly urbanized and civilized culture like the Greeks didn't produce a centralized clerical elite, it seems improbable that the Norse-Germanic tribes would.
Who says the Norse-Germanic tribes wouldn't have urbanized eventually?

My reasoning is that, since local festivals, traditions, and oral traditions, persisted even under unification in the early modern era, there's a chance that the regional variations could actually survive if they weren't actively hostile to the throne.
The problem with Christianity is that any alternative was a hostile threat. In a pagan kingdom, there may be a nationally endorsed version of a myth, but persecution of alternative versions doesn't necessarily follow from that alone. It could, if the strategy of the ruler is to cement his rule using religion. But often, simply claiming descent from a god or nymph proved sufficient in ancient greece, no?
What I'm saying is: I expect a national version of pagan mythology in a world without catholicism. But I think that local mythologies would still have a much better chance of surviving under that. Because while it could devolve into purging the heretics, it doesn't have to. The impetus for something like that would have to be political. Christianity was able to justify it by claiming it's a net gain by virtue of the fact that they're saving souls from eternal damnation. The church was extremely aggressive in that respect.

Protestants condone and practice lending money at interest. Who exactly is the kike?

Would a fully converted Japanese Christian kingdom have gotten support from European christian kingdoms? Could they have petitioned the pope for support against pagan Japanese holdings?