How would have the city of Berlin been today if Bonn was kept as the capital of the reunified Germany...

How would have the city of Berlin been today if Bonn was kept as the capital of the reunified Germany? Would it have still become a large international city, or would it have just become another post-commie eastern shithole?

Attached: brandenburg-gate-berlin-GettyRF-1500-cs.jpg (748x421, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Berlin isn't even that good now, it's nothing compared to London & Paris in terms of wealth and power.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (740x527, 83K)

Huh. I knew it was in the shitty area but I had no idea it was that bad. I thought it was sort of an island in the poor east.

Oh shut the fuck up... Krauts are NOT master race, and Slavs actually have superior cities, take Moscow for example.

How is that related to Veeky Forums?

You are implying that Germans are master race, go back to /Pol.

Attached: Stormfag.png (628x621, 180K)

Looks like people have begun witch hunts for /pol/acks. I am actually kind of surprised it came this early

Early? /His has been infected with their faggotry for a good couple of years.

Attached: Typical Krautism.png (1384x1155, 340K)

Not that different probably. Slightly smaller / less economically relevant coupled with much lower debt. The more interesting question is surely how Bonn would have developed.

It's also overrun with Muslim rapists and the cops are too cucked to do anything about it.

At least French and British police get to beat the shit out of Muslims during riots and shoot them from time to time.

Attached: cologne gang rape.png (500x581, 339K)

He was talking about east Germany. Stop being so defensive. Don't overreact to pol by becoming a different form of pol.

Triggered slav (moar like slave am I rite) detected.
If obvious facts (like post-communist eastern europe being poor and undverdeveloped) trigger you, then because you yourself have a low opinion about them.

>island in the poor east.
West Berlin was a subsidized advertisement board for capitalism and the west... now it's a subsidized monument for the failure to create a world city worthy of germany.
Basically this.

Moscow is a horrifying city and it's hardly Slavic. Fucking Azeris and Tajik rug salesmen everywhere, Alahfaggotry and synagogues.

Is Veeky Forums already a couple of years old? God how time flies

October 2015

Bonn would never have been kept as the capital. It's a shitty no-name city which was chosen because it was easily discarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonn
>The heated debate that resulted was settled by the Bundestag (Germany's parliament) only on 20 June 1991. By a vote of 338–320,[8] the Bundestag voted to move the seat of government to Berlin.

Why is Berlin so bad? Do you all consider it a 2nd tier city? Or is just kind of shit in the sense that Washington D.C. (outside of its historical/political value) is kind of shit.

It's a shithole full of Turks, poorfags and junkies.

That doesn't really matter. Berlin is a popular place to live. It's true Germany's money is made elsewhere... Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart, Ingolstadt, Wolfsburg.

Outside of a few rich shopping streets and their gated communities Moscow is a dump, and anyone who's been there knows it.

West Berlin was a large international city way before it became the capital of germland, are you retarded?

This.

Bonn was only every chosen as a compromise city for the capital precisely because it's not that important, and was more or less in the middle of West Germany. Bonn is actually cozy and not a bad place to live nowadays, but it's not super-special for any particular reason.

I'm not a huge fan of Berlin, but it gets more shit than it deserves, it's a fun place to visit. I'd never want to live there, though. I don't like it because it's too full of hipsters and 'struggling artist' lefty pretentious cunts and the like. Also, Berliners (native locals, not stuck up bitches from Stuttgart) are known for being rather rude and pig-headed. Nothing much to like about people in Berlin, IMO. Of course the numbers of poorfags and Turks is something to note, but they're Berlin's problem not mine. Containment city, fine by me. It's relatively far away from the other parts of Germany that matter.

Berlin is great and meanwhile outperforms any other European capital in terms of living, working, cultural life etc., don't listen to basement dwellers who've never been there.

A more interesting question is what Germany and the world as a whole would look like if the wall had not fallen and the Cold War was still ongoing....

Say in 1985 a hardliner like Grigory Romanov is picked for Chairman of the USSR instead of Gorbachev... what changes?

Attached: DQmbXpkDY54a2DnrX9718foPzhxqEKVDzhsjoE5tXjXweik.jpg (583x410, 111K)

Berlin is a huge money sink with a inept administration and some of the worst shitholes in all of Germany (except maybe certain areas in the Ruhrpott).

Attached: 1519568220787.jpg (2500x2821, 519K)

>All this hate for Berlin

Dont listen to these idiots, they probably think places like Dresden or Frankfurt are big cities. Berlin is a great city to live and work in (if you have a real job).

Its got a lot of parks & nature. If you're into bars and clubs it obviously is popular for that but the museums and restaurants are also top notch.

It takes me 25 mins to get to work (or basically anywhere of importance really) and I live in a 90 square meter apartment in a quiet and clean neighbourhood on 1000 Eur a month.

Tell me where in London or Paris you can get that?

An interesting question but youd have to change alot of factors to keep the USSR going...

The internal strife that brought down the USSR just gets worse, and open factional civil wars break out. The various independence movements go on as they did, but may require armed struggle. The Baltics might get flattened in a protracted Yugo style war, but the -Stans would probably eventually win by attrition, if the collapsing Soviet forces even bothered to respond. Ukraine would explode, or just align itself to some factional leader or the other. Various republics in the Caucasus would probably have won their independence, and would be open salafist shitholes today, instead of the crypto-salafist shitholes they currently are.

Of course, there's the chance a few nukes go missing, and tonnes of chemical/biological weapons certainly would.

>great city to live and work in
I too would like to live on south german gibs.

>90 square meter apartment in a quiet and clean neighbourhood on 1000 Eur a month.
>lol, he thinks that's a bargain
big ≠ better.

Every city in Germany has parks and nature, apart from maybe parts of the Ruhrpott (though most places do).

Berlin is overrated and its mostly because the people there have their heads so far up their asses.

That IS a bargain for a capital city in Europe.

I have no doubt you can get bigger apartments for that price in places like Stuttgard, Frankfurt or Karlruhe etc... but then you'd have to live in those places.

>Tell me where in London or Paris you can get that?
Not like London and Paris don't get shit on relentlessly

Is this the so-called stockholm syndrome?

Attached: 1513833974443.png (1482x1976, 433K)

Those places are better than Berlin (well, not Frankfurt).

To answer OPs question, Berlin would probaly have ended up like most other East-German cities, which means as an underpopulated roting shithole.

Attached: 1503860658506.png (5200x3467, 575K)

>underpopulated
You mean perfect for settling Muslims?

Also, Leipzig and Dresden are doing fairly well these days and aren't rotting shitholes. Haale and Magdeburg to a certain extent.

Very small towns yes, but so they are in the rest of Germany too.

Pic related.
Also obligatory >reddit spacing

Attached: 1514481420312.png (800x1092, 556K)

>reddit spacing
I really don't know what that's supposed to mean, and I've been on Veeky Forums for over 9 years.

As for your map, it's like I said. It's more a map of urbanization than anything else though.

That's not redditspacing you retarded bandwagoner. Look at my post. My post is redditspacing.

>I don`t know what redditspacing is
It`s when you do press enter two times when you want to start a new paragraph, because you have to do that on that godforsaken shithole of a site.

It then looks like this.

Can you tell what I am talking about

You fucking

Faggot

On Reddit you need to double space if you want to write in the next line. Which means that ALL of your spacing needs to be double spacing. If a post has some double spacing and some single spacing them that's not redditspacing, you retarded bandwagoner. Learn what words mean before you use them, brainlet.

>He goes on reddit
>Calls others brainlet
Using a few stall memes will fool noone, retard.

Attached: 1518759625136.png (320x406, 194K)

You don't need to go to Reddit to know this, if you simply paid attention while reading that "What is redditspacing?" infographic you would have known it too. But then again, reading comprehension probably requires an IQ of 50 or more, which is too much for you.

This is fucking retarded. China has as much ethnic strife as the Soviet Union and it hasn't collapsed. There was no reason for the Soviet Union to collapse.

It wasn't inevitable. Even North Korea survived.

Berlin is an indepted disgrace kept afloat by the taxes of other regions.
Im from cologne and everytime my liberal friends and family went to berlin they came back calling it poorer, run down and very dirty. Also tales of subhuman hipsters being obnoxious.

Well, you sure seem to know a lot about reddit, faggot. Methinks you doth protest too much.

As I say I've been around Veeky Forums for 9 years. Were you even able to talk 9 years ago, kiddo?

Who said it was ethnic strife? The Soviet Union collapsed due to protracted economic stagnation and rampant corruption. But long-oppressed ethnic minorities used the opportunity to break free. Not all were successful.

China is also far more authoritarian and hivemind. USSR had a facade of due process, although it was often rubber stamp dictates. China does not.

I don't go to reddit either but double spacing after every sentence, not even paragraph but SENTENCE should warrant a permaban. It's fucking horrible to look at.

>Slavs actually have superior cities, take Moscow for example
lmfao, are ruskies actually this delusional?

Living in bonn atm.
Can confirm that its just completely irrelevant and has noteworthy about it.

Königswinterer here. How are you doing?

>The Soviet Union collapsed due to protracted economic stagnation and rampant corruption.
Yet North Korea survives.

>China is also far more authoritarian and hivemind.
It really isn't. The USSR at peak Stalinism was just as authoritarian as China at peak Maoism. There really isn't that much of a difference.

A priori, standing in the 1970s-Early 1980s, there is nothing to suggest the Soviet Union would survive and China would not. It all depended on the decisions taken by their party elites.