UK:why is their standard of living so low?

Why is the standard of living in UK so low compared to its historic importance?
I am currently living in UK amd it seems that general population lives in worse condition than people in Germany.
The state of housing is awful, streets are dirty and often full of thrash, choice and quality of food in shops is poor as well.
Shouldn't UK look better? What happened to all that wealth they gathered during British Empire?

Attached: IMG_7420.jpg (607x900, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelstand
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lmao gtfo of norfolk

Mismanagement by neoliberal governments, almost everything can be attributed to it.

I lived in Salisbury for 2 years and 5 years in London. I been to Manchester,Bristol,Leeds,Liverpool.

>I been to Manchester,Bristol,Leeds,Liverpool
Do you do this deliberately?

apparently it's pretty high. Honestly you must just be living in the shithole areas

Attached: 500px-2016_UN_Human_Development_Report.svg.png (500x219, 57K)

go to Germany and then go to UK
look at housing and supermarkets
Germans have tidy, clean, solid housing, the one in UK often looks like it is going to fall down and lacks any aesthethic.
Likewise supermarkets in Germany are clean, have more choice and their food is of better quality

You must be living in a shithole or something. UK average wage, disposable income, HDI, GDP per capita, is all very high.

this doesn't reflect reality

>ill just ignore all official statistics from the world bank, IMF, United nations and instead judge from my narrow travels

ok

thread closed

>average wage
>GDP per capita
these two are the most misleading statistics

Same or moreso could be asked of poortugal innit

the UK even has a higher HDI than Japan, regarded as one of the cleanest and orderly nations.

now shoo with your poor level bait.

All statistics are misleading or have flawled methodologies. But overall, the UK isn't that bad, quit whining you faggot.

The wealth is miniscule compared to the wealth generated by a modern industrialized economy, also the wealth went to the rich. That said, one look at the Forbes rich list and it is wall to wall JudaeoAnglos.

When quoting statistics about Britain keep in mind that London massively distorts results.

That's the case for pretty much every country in the world.

Have you tried moving from your speck village in the middle of nowhere if you hate it so much?

The housing condition i have to agree ain't no fucking way am i gonna be saving up for some half a million quid average looking house and wage slave more for the mortgage, apart from that all is good, the streets are clean, neighbourhood is quiet, people mind their own businesses, there are a lot more people of other races in childrens schools and around public travels but that's only in London and specific poor/multicultural areas within it not all of London.

Germany is unfair because most of their larger cities were razed and then built back up with American support money. Britain still has a lot of pre-war buildings

Capitalism with little to no gov regulation=largely shit tier infrastructure outside of business and wealthy districts.

>stop counting this incredibly rich and wealthy city!!! it doesnt count!!!

Its the same here in holland but it still looks nice and orderly, however I've heard from several people who went to england that its generally really shit.

Mate I live in London since 5 years.
It's basically a large ghetto. 90% of it looks lke Third World.

>That's the case for pretty much every country in the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelstand

>>stop counting this incredibly rich and wealthy city!!!
Pic related
True, people in the City do earn much, but for every city worker there are 1000 people on benefits that can barely feed themselves

Attached: council-estate-housing-generic.jpg (1368x1094, 234K)

That's kind of the point. You can look at statistics that say everything is fantastic, but they're dramatically raised by that one wealthy city and are unrepresentative of the country as a whole.

If you live in Bavaria or Switzerland rest of the world looks like shithole.

Is this really board-appropriate?

UK has one of the highest regulated real estate development market. It is extremely costly to build anything there. The same reason why the living standards in NYC for regular folk is so low.

Germany was practically all rebuilt after they got bombed to oblivion in WW2. Obviously new, modern buildings will look better than ones potentially built hundreds of years ago.

Bullshit, Germany has a lot of pre-war buildings. In cities like Berlin most buildings were erected in the late 19th century housing boom.

This.
England is a much more classbased society then germany, hell our upperclass is known for not displaying their wealth with cloth as much as elsewhere. Its a mindset, albeit it will become degraded now that its taken for granted and the humoungous middleclass gets slowly taxed to shit.

>Bavaria
I'd rather live in Somalia

This.

I know people who lived in UK, then moved to Germany. They say the same, generally the german society and their standards are way higher than in UK. They seem to care much more about people and culture. I heard the same about those dirty streets and I saw houses with sewage pipes on exterior side in front of facade, wtf man. There's no way you could see something like this in Germany.

Attached: cast-iron-drain-pipes-on-a-1950s-house-in-the-uk-EMX057.jpg (894x1390, 242K)

Why does the UK do this?
What the fuck is the point?

I don't know and I studied civil engineering. The only reason may be that assemblage is easier and you save a little space. But you get thermal bridges and literally ruin any architectural attempt because it's just a horrible idea.

this pretty much only goes for Rotterdam though

Because the public is spoiled n have no respect for their land to throw litter in the bin