Profound thinker or just a daily mail contrarian?

>profound thinker or just a daily mail contrarian?

Attached: thewrongbrotherdied.jpg (1168x452, 60K)

But he's right? There's literally nothing wrong with wanting to abolish daylight savings time.

> He doesn't factor in his velocity to calculate his own personal time according to the theory of relativity

Absolutely fucking plebeian

That's more of a cloud, fog and rain related problem.

>what is latitude?

Attached: 1507061836269.gif (645x773, 9K)

The 49th parallel in the US still gets twice as much sunlight as it does in France.

>objective relation

the position of the sun has nothing to do with time

>Being this retarded

So what? Doesn't change the fact most of Europe is on the same latitude as most of central Canada, and most of the US is on the same latitude as Northern Africa.

>So what?
So "muh latitude" doesn't hold much weight. Thousands more hours of sunlight is quite significant.

Well, he's certainly not the latter since he doesn't actually write for the Daily Mail.

Yes, and the US gets thousands of more hours of sunlight, due to it's far more southerly latitude.

The map clearly shows this, when you compare the amount of sunlight northern europe gets, to the amount of sunlight southern europe gets.

No one but Daily Mail readers care about how the Daily Mail and the Sunday Mail are legally distinct.

And ON THE SAME LATITUDE Glacier National Park gets twice as much sunlight as Paris.

Who cares? In general the US receives far more sunlight due to it's far more southerly location. A few minor exception may exist, but these are irrelevant when compared to the whole.

God how stupid are you that I have to explain how the sun works?

*Mail on Sunday
And I think he is one of the best thinkers of our time, certainly better than his brother.

Attached: IMG_0552.png (500x425, 58K)

>marks an objective relation between the Sun and the Earth's surface
No it isn't. Hitchens wants an arbitrary system of measuring time over another arbitrary system of measuring time.

Europe is an oddball because of how Atlantic currents and wind make "Europe" warmer than it should be. If they shifted away from dumping heat on Europe, it'd be a frozen hellhole.

Figure out how greentext works, faggot

Are you literally retarded? Latitude doesn't affect the yearly amount of sunlight a place gets. Yes more northerly latitudes get more sunlight IN THE WINTER, but that is offset by the fact that they get MORE SUNLIGHT IN THE SUMMER. It evens out over the whole year.

*less sunlight in the winter

>the position of the sun has nothing to do with time
This autistic faggotry here is why I came to despise science.

If Hitches didn't anchor his argument to 'muh nature' this thread wouldn't get any akcutally posts

Attached: 4bb7b36fbba2f7426e21963861954fecf30461ff2410eda13b6d8a6b538dc381.png (600x1043, 226K)

>thewrongbrotherdied

*tips fedora*

Attached: 1495408151504.jpg (500x464, 34K)

We go to work 3 hours before "noon" then go back home 5 hours later. Until 9 to 5 changes to 8 to 4 we will need daylight savings for those professions that respond to astronomic rhythms.

I think every school should be a boarding school with people used to getting up at 5 am for a cold shower, imagine a world where everyone is sharp, sober and awake.

Summer isn't always the same length, idiot.

I don't know where you're at, but as an American that has lived on every corner of the the country I had to wake up at 5am to go to school. it was complete bullshit. I was never "sharp,sober and awake". I was groggy as fuck and at 7 am I would have to try to give a shit about how fast a duck could swim upstream. Do you think I remembered any of that shit? Absolutely not. This was particularly shitty if you did any after school activities. By the time you went home at 5pm most of the year it was already dark. for like 3 months you never see the sun. How is that supposed to be better for kids? Is that why my school had a god damned starbucks in it? to get them indoctrinated into the societal caffeine obsession as early as possible? Fuck you boomer. schools should start at 10am if not later.

This.

Time is something you use to frame your movement through space and there is no universal "time", it goes faster or slower for different things in different places, according to the forces at work (like, your feet are older than the rest of you because time moves slower the closer you are to the center of mass that exerts the gravitiational pull, relative to time farther from the center).

>I think every school should be a boarding school with people used to getting up at 5 am for a cold shower, imagine a world where everyone is sharp, sober and awake.

That was the education most the British establishment had, and they're all fucking sociopaths.

Time actually exists and their is an objective relationship between the earth' s and Sun's surface. But these almost completely unrelated to each and the way in which run our clocks has much less to do with the relationship of the sun and earth and much with how the clocks can be best used to facitliate human work. If putting the clocks back helps then we put them back if it hurts then we dont. If it makes no real difference then who the fuck cares.

You're retarded. In a sane world, we'd let children and teens sleep in 'till 9-10 AM. There's nothing "super" or "moral" about getting less sleep. You're just interrupting the work of the garbagemen in your brain and the regeneration of skin cells.

CONT

Sorry not you, the guy you're greentexting.
And it makes daylights savings time more retarded because sunlight on the skin (or equivalent blue light) is a signal for our bodies to "wake up". We need sunlight in the morning far more than we need sunlight at night.

Although the British establishment had that and regular forceful sodomising, in fairness.

What does that even mean

This dude knows. Most high school students don’t even want to be there, and when you’re forced to get up that early you have no motivation. Supposedly children need about 10 hours of sleep every night and with homework and and school related activities most nights I got closer to 5 or 6. The first and last classes of the day are always a teacher’s last favorite because the students just don’t give a shit.

Agreed people have a hard time separating what sounds good from what is actually effective.

It's the Mail on Sunday, not the 'Sunday Mail'. And they are very different papers - taking opposite stances on the referendum, for example.