How do I find the religion that best matches my views?

How do I find the religion that best matches my views?

>no afterlife
>if there is a higher power, they are unknowable and incomprehensible
>don't like how specific and literal some religions are
>passing interest in tarot and astrology

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to ask for specifics.

Attached: 1513294412531.jpg (550x285, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojvrFOq5eKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

spinozas god i guess.

Wanna help me make one up Op?

So first, on every Saturday, people should gather for music and/or group meditation, food and companionship.

Atheism

Second, everyone should stargaze on a moonless night once a month away from light pollution

New Age

hinduism

hippie trash and waste of time

Meditation has measurable benefits, as do the other things. all religions are hippie-esque. Don't lash out because your materialistic autism locks you in a box.

>materialist
u didnt just miss the target, you missed the whole firing range
>meditation is cool
of course, just not in a group
>all religion are hippie-esque
>allahu akbar, allahu akbar
>*explosion*

atheism religion

The only religion you'll never need.

Attached: hail discordia.jpg (320x320, 25K)

sauce

Hail Eris
All hail Discordia

Attached: eris.jpg (500x375, 66K)

>of course, just not in a group

>Recent research has identified that mindfulness meditation in group settings supports people who are trying to lose weight. The present research investigated mindfulness meditation in group and individual settings, and explored the potential impact on weight loss and other factors (i.e. mindfulness, impulsivity, and avoidance) that may assist or hinder weight loss. Specifically, the hypotheses tested were that the group setting assisted dieters more than the individual setting by reducing weight, cognitive-behavioral avoidance, and impulsivity and by increasing mindfulness. Participants (n=170) who were trying to lose weight were randomly assigned to practice meditation for 6 weeks within a group or independently. Measurements in mindfulness, cognitive-behavioral avoidance, impulsivity, and weight occurred twice (pre- and post-intervention). Results indicated that participants in the group setting lost weight and lowered their levels of cognitive-behavioral avoidance, while impulsivity and mindfulness remained stable. On the other hand, participants in the individual condition lost less weight, while there was an increase in cognitive-behavioral avoidance and mindfulness scores, but a decrease in impulsivity. Seeing that benefits and limitations observed in group settings are not replicated when people meditate alone, this study concluded that mindfulness meditation in individual settings needs to be used with caution, although there are some potential benefits that could aid future weight loss research.

So what I'm coming up with is that individual vs. group each has strengths and weaknesses, but to say it doesn't work as a group is wrong.

Probably one of the more esoteric Buddhist sects. Astrology is not necessarily sanctioned by Buddhism, but it's culturally popular.

he thinks the mind is eternal tho

>the truth must fit my worldview
Not
>my worldview should fit the truth

my worldview is the truth

Attached: 1521322188609.jpg (866x900, 124K)

but I'm the opposite of a maga dude

He didnt say it didn't work in a group, just that it wasn't cool in a group. Keep up.

>if there is a higher power, they are unknowable and incomprehensible

That's nonsense - Abrahamics just murdered all God's servants and because your planet has chosen to found civilization on the lies of a terrorist.

The divine in a nutshell: Ma'at is God - the "alpha and omega." Fear her.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojvrFOq5eKU

>2018
>not being a part of the panentheist master race

Search for pantheism, fun times!

how do you know?

Gnosticsm. Basically early Christianity without all the trappings. The focus is on achieving "gnosis," or awareness of the Divine spark inside all of us. This is acheived through meditation, contemplation, and prayer. And I don't mean prayer in the traditional sense, I mean giving thanks for the life you have, and in turn giving to those in need.

Is it not?

How does one know anything?

sidestepping the question does not convince anyone.