Redpill me on Huey Long. Did his reforms help Louisiana? Would he have been more successful if not assassinated...

Redpill me on Huey Long. Did his reforms help Louisiana? Would he have been more successful if not assassinated? Could his ideas help in the Long run?

Attached: 1200px-HueyPLongGesture.jpg (1200x1325, 510K)

>Did his reforms help Louisiana?
Yes
>Would he have been more successful if not assassinated?
Yes. You'll find in politics dying tends to weaken your ability to rule effectively.
>Could his ideas help in the Long run?
Yes and no. Long would have continued to be extremely good for Louisiana so long as he was alive, but the political machine he'd set up would have been rife with corruption as soon as he died. In a way, he was better off dying before he could completely destroy democracy in Louisiana.

With the second question, I meant more in regard to how long his success would last. By killing him, he died without really fucking up.

Huey Long, blessed be his name, wanted to elevate every member of the male sex to that of a monarch.

>the Long run

Attached: top hat benny.png (195x234, 109K)

He was too good for us. Literally the Tiberius Gracchus of America.

Huey Long did nothing wrong

Ramos Gin Fizz Recipe
2oz. Gin
1oz. Cream
1 whole egg
.5oz. Lemon Juice
.5oz. Lime Juice
1.25oz. Simple Syrup
2 dases Orange Flower Water
1oz. Soda

>The legendary baller, Louisiana governor/senator/presidential candidate, Huey P. Long, was known for his love of the Ramos Gin Fizz, that iconic New Orleans cocktail

the trashmen arrives......

EVERY

Attached: every.jpg (220x243, 13K)

...*farts*

geez user
a WHOLE egg??
*plants half an egg*
this should be enough!

*an

*ahn~

Top kek

fuck off what does this even mean

it's AN whole egg

uh not him but have you never (historically) farted?

retard esl

what did you MEAN BY IT rather and why post it here

Holy shit.

gross, clean it up

que es "holy shit"

OMG STOP FUCKING RAIDING

es la caca santa.....

are you unliterate?

are You?

no

unliterste would be like, if you knew how to read but then forgot

>yes
alright then. looks like i win :)

win what
can i have some

trail mix

nvm then

*shoves it into ur FUKKEN MOUTH*

ugh

Please fuck off raider.

i'm not raiding... this is my new home.....

But its not.....

Basically a left-wing populist who, despite being very corrupt and authoritarian, was very beneficial to the people of Louisiana. Notably he was one of the few Southern politicians at the time who wasn't a white supremacist and his programs were intended to benefit all races, so he had a lot of black support.

it is...... see?.... i'm here....

do you like trail mix

i hope not...

I'll mix your fucking face if you don't shut up

*blocks your path*
Let me tell you why a white America is what's best for America.

Attached: william-dudley-pelley.jpg (465x367, 65K)

Yes, a prime example of a dictator who doesn't take power for his personal gain but for the benefit of the people.

Also a very good boy.

>

Attached: 1520187541448.png (336x777, 619K)

Why is he wearing two pairs of pants
Is he afraid someone will pull down his pants?

who's raiding us?

Tumblr. They're raiding /b/, /r9k/, Veeky Forums, /pol/, and /bant/

based, the hero we need

WOMAN

it's a second belt, not a second pair of pants

To be fair, i think that he was forced to take such measures in order to remain in power, considering that the political field at that time was extremely hostile to populism

>When you make his coup fail and guarantee that Long rule will never be threatened again

It''s also cool when you bully new england to return o the union

>Did his reforms help Louisiana?
Yes
>Would he have been more successful if not assassinated?
Yes, FDR had actually put things in place to make sure that he wouldn't become a dictator of the United States if he was elected. FDR knew Long was a threat due to the crazy following he had.
>Could his ideas help in the Long run?
Hard to say, times are quite different now. David Kennedy has cited in his great depression book that his ideas were probably impossible to implement on a national scale.

All that being said Long was the greatest orator in the history of the United States.

I for one got you meant and I think it's a fair question. Sometimes a person's streak of success isn't sustainable and can even backfire. I know next to nothing about Long, though.

A THOT