*ruins the republic*

Attached: Sulla.jpg (1200x1830, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Storm-Before-Beginning-Roman-Republic/dp/1610397215
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbrian_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HISSSSSSSS GIVE ME BACK MY NOSE, MAURIUS

Attached: nose.jpg (400x600, 23K)

Hard to ruin something that had been sharply declining for 70 years.

Not gonna lie, there is something really inspiring about what he did.

No worries, I'm sure this set of laws he promulgated after seizing absolute power through military force and having his enemies rounded up and slaughtered will prevent anyone else from doing likewise and will stabilize the Republic for centuries to come!

>sharply declining for 70 years.
Rome's primary expansion phase was between the Punic wars and the foundation of the empire. The problem was not that it was declining, the problem was that as more and more wealth flowed into Italy, more and more of it was going to a smaller and smaller group of people, of whom Sulla was their champion

fuck off retard and go read plutarch on the gracchi

>Go study more on the two politicians who specifically tried to do something about this problem before it was too late
You really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

*restores the republic*

Attached: 220px-Augustus_Bevilacqua_Glyptothek_Munich_317.jpg (220x318, 14K)

The republic went to shit from the moment they destroyed their rival, Carthage.

Have you ever asked what, specifically, caused this to happen?

Their society and political system was poisoned by unearned wealth
amazon.com/Storm-Before-Beginning-Roman-Republic/dp/1610397215

Complacency and the lack of a 'real' enemy to unifiy against. Even Shitus Livius admits it.

Attached: Sulla.png (1262x330, 104K)

And wealthy aristocrats leveraging their political capital to buy up state seized land and farms that had fallen fallow and into debt after their owners had been conscripted to serve in the legions, forcing their families to move to the cities and join the ranks of urban poor

Besides, it's not like Rome was ever lacking in scapegoats or peoples to conquer, at least in this stage of history

Attached: The Jurgurthine War.jpg (1259x1959, 962K)

*Tries to cuck caesar by dressing up like a woman and gets based cicero banished*

Attached: Clodius.jpg (252x200, 8K)

Did people in ancient civilizations have noses or did modern humans only evolve them to distinguish between blacks and people?

>And wealthy aristocrats leveraging their political capital to buy up state seized land and farms that had fallen fallow and into debt after their owners had been conscripted to serve in the legions, forcing their families to move to the cities and join the ranks of urban poor
Aye

>Besides, it's not like Rome was ever lacking in scapegoats or peoples to conquer, at least in this stage of history
A bunch of celtic tribes and asian 'empires' don't really require all Rome to unite, unlike Hanny and his family.

>A bunch of celtic tribes and asian 'empires' don't really require all Rome to unite, unlike Hanny and his family.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbrian_War
The Cimbri were an actual existential threat to Rome, and the Servile Wars had the potential to do major damage. The Social War threatened to rip apart the fabric of Roman society and the Celts, if united, could have posed a major threat to Rome.

It wasn't really until the high imperial period when Rome ran out of enemies who could legitimately threaten them.

>The Cimbrian War
Interesting..., i stand corrected.

Did I say that Rome shrunk? No, only that it was in decline.

>decline
Decline implies territorial loss and loss of prestige and wealth: I was merely enunciating on the fact that it wasn’t a “decline” in the sense that, say, the Seleucid Empire gradually declined into nothingness, but rather was a decline in morals caused by the presence of vast quantities of unearned wealth, as well as a decline in commonwealth values where Romans started seeing each other as enemies to be attacked at the ballot box, rather than as countrymen to dealt with through compromise and brotherly love

Attached: C33E925D-789C-43B0-8093-D269D50E2293.png (296x501, 56K)

Expansion is what killed the republic.