Watch historical Jesus movie

>Watch historical Jesus movie
>Jesus has black deciples
>Romans look and sound Anglo, not Italian
>Jews look and sound Anglo

Is there an ethnically accurate hsitorical movie/drama?

Attached: NUP_168385_0059.jpg (900x507, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagg_El_Gamous
youtu.be/OcTVLfn5i8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>romans are Italian
Christ

Ameripleb please leave.

Most Italians are directly descended from Romans

>watch film about ancient Rome
>Anglos
>watch film about ancient Greeks
>Anglos
>watch film about Medieval France
>Anglos
>watch show about Renaissance Spain
>Anglos
>watch film about WW2 Germany
>Anglos
As an Anglo, I'm getting a bit fed up of this. It's just for American audiences.

Americans think British accents sound classy, old timey and aristocratic so they stuff historical movies with Anglos everywhere. But it looks and sounds pretty retarded to anyone who isn't American.
Personally I liked what Mel Gibson did instead.

gtfo germ

Most ethnic Romans would have had blonde hair and blue eyes, so using Anglos as actors is actually fairly accurate. Italians became darker over the centuries due to high Berber and Arab admixture.

This, even Romans from Egypt were blonde.

>Fagg El Gamous (translated Way of the Buffalo) is an ancient Egyptian cemetery located in the Faiyum Governorate dating from the 1st to the 7th century AD, the period of Roman rule in Egypt.

>In 1988 it was noted by the researchers that the graveyard contained an unexpected number of blondes amongst the naturally mummified bodies, as well as oddities in tooth decay amongst the buried; "Of those whose hair was preserved 54% were blondes or redheads, and the percentage grows to 87% when light-brown hair color is added".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagg_El_Gamous

Attached: Villa_romana_di_Piazza_Armerina_-_Sicilia.jpg (2560x1920, 1.47M)

What did Mel do?

Most Anglos are hardly blonde.

Having people speak in appropriate period language and then subtitling it. Jews in The Passion speaking Aramaic, etc.

Northeastern Anglos are often blonde. More Anglo-Saxon and Viking ancestry than the rest of England, which is predominantly Celtic.

Attached: hair.png (1024x542, 237K)

Oh, yes. I prefer that definitely. Shame how it deters a lot of people.

yeah lol they were anglo-saxon and german

>high Berber and Arab admixture.
when ?

Problem is that nobody speaks Aramaic anymore, yet people still do speak Mayan.

Such an asspull map.

I agree tbqh, but it roughly fits with the reality.
Plenty of English people look like proper Anglo-Saxons, primarily Northerners, which might explain why the North is so poor and dysgenic.

Attached: Sean Bean.jpg (2043x2560, 398K)

>Americans think British accents sound classy, old timey and aristocratic so they stuff historical movies with Anglos everywhere.
This.

Also having the Romans speak English with some heavy Italian accent would be ridiculous.

Should do the film in Latin. Hire Italian actors so they can pronounce Latin better.

I'm starting to believe that the stupid trend started because of Shakespeare.

>famous Anglo makes plays about stuff in history
>people love it and think it's fancy
>modern day, people make their history movies with Anglo's because it then sounds more artsy fartsy because of "muh Shakespeare!"

Movies cost a shitload of money and their main purpose is to attract a big audience. Try convincing some tight ass studio moneyman how you want to make a big movie with subtitles.

is that strong independent black woman one of the disciples?

in his mind

Yeah no kidding
>Vini vidi vichi guis

No one would watch it then, because people don't go to the cinema read.

the only time Veeky Forums cares about historical accuracy is when there is a black person on a television show.

>watch TV show about ancient Rome
>all the Romans are Anglos
>all the Celto-Germanic barbarians are Italians
what did Albion mean by this?

Having the Romans with stereotypical thick mafioso-esque Italian accents would actually make perfect sense. The "high class British" accents would go to the Greeks.

Attached: greekvsroman.jpg (1080x680, 89K)

Just be glad they got the the race right

Probably Ethiopians

Why do you insist on talking about things you know nothing about? Wikipedia says Mayan languages have 3-6 million speakers. I can show you music videos in Aramaic on YouTube with at least a million views.

Except it didn't sound good to me as a speaker since like they probably assumed non-Arab Muslim people don't exist in the Middle East so they didn't consult anyone about how the language actually sounds like.

Actually if you search the 70s "Jesus Film" you can find four or five versions for different Aramaic dialects. The audio replaces the English, and thry did this for many languages. One of them says 'Syriac' and is in the classical west dialect known as such. These versions were made before Passion of the Christ.

>anglo
>blonde

Are you aware that most of Rome cast are anglos?

Attached: bef1e5c0dcb9f5a0a602d7f5d6879d35.jpg (500x312, 35K)

Bump

Let me guess, BBC?
>And That's a Good Thing.

While I am glad he tried, the Yucatecan Mayan spoken in Apocalypto was barely understandable as someone who speaks it. It was horrid.

There were plenty of black Middle Easterners. You don’t know those historical figures weren’t black or not since there’s no photographic evidence that suggests otherwise.

Also the show isn’t a historical documentary so your point is irrelevant anyways.

So are romanians :^)

This meme again

WE

Go home Tyrone, your wewuzzing is pathetic. Almost as bad as Anglo wewuzzing

Attached: IMG_1488.jpg (512x382, 52K)

No, Romanians are related to low caste Indians. Italians/Romans gave them civilization, but they could not raise their simian-tier IQ.

Attached: 1521900644244.png (665x390, 22K)

She's Mary Magdalene

They look nothing like Ethiopians

Shitty adaptation with a steady dose of modern interracial publicity.
Risen looks so much better.
youtu.be/OcTVLfn5i8g

>Watch movie about US intervention in Somalia
>movie filmed in Morocco because Somalia is too dangerous and lacks necessary infrastructure for it
>cast for the Somali mobs recruited from local African migrants on their way to Europe
Still a pretty good flick.

Attached: 5e1b5b97f275ae5ddd77dd197496eb9b--josh-hartnett-hawks.jpg (504x755, 92K)

I meant the represented Ethiopians

Some of the Jews in the Old Testament parts of the series ranged from blue eyed whites to black people. Probably local British and perhaps other European residents of migrant communities and origins where drawn from to fill the additional cast. Might have hired a bunch of Brazilians as well for all we know.

That doesn't mean Classical Latin sounded like Italian. Latin had a pitch accent and wasn't as "singing".

I'd love to see a historical drama about Rome done in Classical Latin with the proper pronounciation.

Most people around the world don't speak English. Here in Slovak non-children foreign movies are shown in original language with SK or CZ subtitles (apart from Czech movies, those don't need to be translated).

Italian is a quite conservative Romance language, but the Italianate pronounciation of the Church is not real Classical pronounciation. In proper Classical Latin, Cicero is read as Kikero for example, Caesar as Kaizár etc.

You are confusing Romanians and Romanis.
Romanians are romanized descendants of Dacian, a native Balkan people.

But they do sound aristocratic and I’m Italian

I mean, there would've been plenty of merchants, dignitaries, slaves, etc. from Nubia, Ethiopia, etc.

Having black people present in 1st century Palestine is far from unbelievable