What is propaganda victory

what is propaganda victory

Attached: IMG_0073.jpg (1443x1912, 259K)

>open American history book
>written by John Quincy Smith
>Battle: 2000 Americans casualties, 0 enemy casualties
>Result: American propaganda victory
>Throw away book
Literally worse than Anglos

Attached: 1510173281475.jpg (244x209, 15K)

A victory so fucking rad they can make commercials out of it

USA before Doolittle were suffering terrible losses in Phillipines, Java sea, etc.
Doolittle raid showed the US Public that despite that, they're still hurting the Jap population in Tokyo itself which you can bet caused
>huge hysteria in Japan since they thought they were invincible in their islands
>showed that despite all that's happened, the US forces still have balls of steel to do a daring raid like that
Imagine you're a US serviceman and you hear news about the US Air Force bombing Tokyo, wouldn't you feel more confident about the situation? You'd think that finally we can kick their ass even though it's just the beginning of the war.
Actual damage was very minimal but it didn't matter.
Learn how War Propaganda works

what NS Germany achieved thanks to the Internet

>learn how war propaganda works
u retard everyone in the murican high command knew japan will lose so no need for petty "propaganda" victories

based intronet

cant blame goebbles for being such a prop genious

but american are anglos

Americans are not even white let alone Anglo.

Of course, but you have to get into the mindset of the average american in the early 42. Your country has just got into a war with Japan and Japan has been getting constant military victories for a few months. You definitely need a quick win somewhere while you plan out your war strategy for the latter half of the 1942. Doolittle was exactly just that

according to your logic, every japanese batlle won or lost was a propaganda victory the same as in. azi germany

like father like son

Americans have 7.6% English ancestry. Not nearly enough to be considered Anglo

You're thinking of the Anarcho-syndicalist commune of California, which is largely agreed to be part of Mexico.

Yeah, but Doolittle was specifically made up to create a propaganda boost back home. It had no strategic value whatsoever. It was literally "guys, we need to show them we mean business, go and bomb Japan then land in China and hope you don't get shot down or get captured". It was so desperately rushed, using B-25 planes to take off from carriers, it's a wonder there were people from the raid who survived at all.

British (or English, I forget) was the biggest reported ethnicity by a long shot a few decades back. Then they added "American", and British/English shot down.
Unless millions and millions of Germans and Irish people flooded America like 20 years ago.

so participation awards are valid now

You could say so. I mean calling it a "Propaganda victory" is pretty dumb but that's americans for you and I can see their PoV.

That's reported to be so low because British ancestry is basically synonymous with the American Identity, they're the ruling and most consequential ethnicity as-well as the majority minority - If Americans don't define themselves as anything other than American (e.g Black, Latin, Italian, Irish, German, Jewish etc.) then they're likely primarily British.
All the founding fathers and almost all the US presidents have been ethnically British/ majority British.

American is an ethnicity though. Unless you are one of those Americans who claims he is English because he had a great-great-great-great-great grandfather from New England

Actually I'm 1/128th Cherokee

>You're thinking of the Anarcho-syndicalist commune of California

I fuckin' wish. I'd move there in a second to have actual public education, workplace democracy and better gun laws than most of the US. Sadly "commiefornia" as you braindead call it is an anti-gun liberal hellhole of bourgeois degeneracy.

delusions, go to
>>>/leftypol/

American history is literally the opposite.
>Battle:
>500,000 enemy casualties, enemy economy devastated, 200,000 civilian deaths, X province rendered uninhabitable
>Americans: 23 killed, 56 wounded
>Tactical US victory
>Strategic and political enemy victory

Fuck off, not gonna let you retards have an ideologically monopoly. I appreciate history just as much as anyone else here. I have my views and you have yours.

>workplace democracy
This is such a patently idiotic idea I have no clue how commies can espouse it unironically.

None of us want you on Veeky Forums so fuck off

No, they mean "American" in terms of white Americans. Presumably the original settlers, the "native" Europeans of America.
I think Americans just pick the most exotic ethnicity in their family tree and roll with it, even if it's a great grandfather. The Pocahontas effect.
Again, British/English used to be the biggest one by miles decades ago. There has not been a giant influx of Irish people or Germans, so it's obvious that the Anglos of America are choosing the traditional WASP American over just "English".

This

It's like 9/11
Didn't actually do much but totally fucked with a bunch of evil island dwellers

None of us want any form of /pol/ here so you can fuck off with him.

No you fuck off. Veeky Forums culture and /pol/ culture overlap and if you don't think so then you can go back to /r/leftist. ok? buh bye

user my heart has more than enough hatred in it for both pol and leftypol, which you should return to ASAP

If they consider themselves Anglo it's because they're Anglophone
In reality they're overwhelmingly non-Anglo Germanic and Irish Celts

I know what you're talking about; I'm Anglican raised, I know for a fact 3/4 of my ancestors are from the isles (1/4 Anglophone French Canadian,) but ethnically I'm Canadian.

America is really averse to casualties.

How do Americans get such precise numbers in their battles when other usually approximate? Even in shit like Meuse-Argonne Offensive they give specific numbers while France is rounded to "70,000"

>Anglophone
So most of white America?

The Anglo and the phone are something you can only get in Canada.

I'm talking about the USA, not Canada.

>ethnically I'm Canadian
what the fuck

You can't talk about how Anglo the US is without talking about Canada.
Literally the only reason Canada exists is as the Anglo version of the United States.

It's called a nation state, bud, look it up.

America has basically always kept relatively accurate records in war, it's part of why the whole Ronson myth got started: only the Americans kept accurate records of how many tanks they lost and to what.

>but ethnically I'm Canadian
Wrong