>What went right?

Attached: Switzerland.png (600x388, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_Switzerland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_War_of_Kappel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_peasant_war_of_1653
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toggenburg_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stecklikrieg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Calvinism, of course

Correct use of democracy

nothing of value inside, so no one bothered conquering it. why bother with the geography when italy is right beside it, with way more loot, better women, and a livable climate?

Mountain Jewery is a powerful force.

Money laundering

Fewer Germans than there could have been.

Pain stakingly worked to convince it's neighbors that they were peaceful.

>beat everliving fuck out of neighbours
>work as mercenaries cuz neighbours won't come over anymore to be beaten the fuck out of
>don't care about ethnic or linguistic differences at all since everybody is equally poor and psychotic
>later mellow out and build country together with Frenchies and some Italians
>everyone to scared to attack now that we have everyone's money in our banks
>literally the Afghanistan of Europa therefore not worth the effort of conquest
>works beautifully because nobody cares about anybody most of the time

Swiss user here, would go with the following:

>beating the fuck out of everyone else in the late Middle Ages and Early Modern Age
>correct use of democracy
>muliple forms of crisis that made the political unification tighter in the end
>nobody interested in us since all we do is give economic criminals a safe space and be based most of the time

Seriously though, you won't believe how much of a microcosmos Switzerland is. People are happy when their coffee and raclette is served well, your "götti/gotte" (godfather) gives you money for your birthday, and some feel multicultural as fuck when they go eat Pizza once a year. It's really a small world and small worldviews I live in, but it's interesting to observe for sure. Also, everything is easy to reach without having to own a car (unless you live in the countryside where there's 4 busses a day or something) and others don't give a fuck about you and mind their own businesses, so it's the ideal country for autistic shitposters like myself.

Attached: Satanicwarmaster.jpg (1865x1079, 195K)

Switzerland is literally the only democratic country on earth.

Huguenot migration.

it was a male-only democracy until 1971
makes you wonder...

I think women could be elected but not vote but don´t quote me on that

The richest (per capita) and most successful country in the world is predominantly inhabited by germans.

How does Veeky Forums explain this?

Autism

that's a quite modern development, for most of its history it was extremely poor relative to its neighbors

high IQ, well-functioning Germanic tribes living in harmony

Mountains

>some feel multicultural as fuck when they go eat Pizza once a year
holy shit do you live in the UDC-voting countryside?

>I think women could be elected but not vote

>Swiss people
>German
Ueli, get the halberds.

I live in the Swiss-German speaking part, and in the suburbs of something Amercians would probably call a village but it's a city for Swiss standards. And yeah, most people vote UDC here, and yeah, it's really as bad as it is. It's not even a good right-winged party or something you could take seriously, but sheer populism and big talk about an utopic Switzerland that never really existed. They are extremely butthurt about national myths and they basically are what you think of when you picture some rural Swiss farmer with his Schwyzerörgeli in your mind...

back to /pol/ dir huere Schissgringe

Attached: backtopol.jpg (1161x1125, 419K)

Ueli zhe Wunderwaffe plox

Attached: large.jpg (500x486, 48K)

It is, certainly. We vote and elect multiple times every year. Sometimes on pretty butthurt topics but idegaf man voting is voting. That's where even I get in a slighty patriotic mood. Eurocucks will never understand I guess.

It´s Luxembourg, and half of it are immigrants

>The richest (per capita) and most successful country in the world
It's Qatar.

I always looked at Switzerland as a little microcosm of western Europe, but if everything went right instead of wrong.
It was a place where radical and innovative ideas were allowed to flourish, fail, and synthesize into new and improved ideas.

Germans clean toilets in Switzerland

>I always looked at Switzerland as a little microcosm of western Europe, but if everything went right instead of wrong.
Because unlike actual Western Europe it doesn't have Anglos.

>Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

>In Switzerland they had brotherly love
Amerifat education I swear. Switzerland was basically a Balkan-tier warzone until early 19th century.

Yes, you're really setting a great example for the rest of the world by making those sub 90 IQ chimp-like assumptions.
Back to /pol/.

>Ameriblob mad about getting called out about his shit education

Being mostly white.

And Napoleon.

How do you know his nationality?
Kill yourself.

You forgot the part when you got absolutely buttblasted by the frogs.

When was this? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_Switzerland
This just mentions a few uprisings. Hardly seems like Balkan-Tier infighting.

I wish I had enough money to move there

>swiss
>==German
Lmao at this amerifat 1/20th german

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_War_of_Kappel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_peasant_war_of_1653
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toggenburg_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stecklikrieg

They also saw like 5 coups in the span of 5 years before adopting the new constitution.

So a few conflicts spaced decades apart? Look, I'll admit I don't get it, were the Balkans a lot more peaceful then I'm imagining them to be or something?

Balkans were mostly under Ottoman control until 19th century so yes, actually.

>>They also saw like 5 coups in the span of 5 years before adopting the new constitution.
This is closer to Balkan style internal troubles, but how violent and dangerous were these coups exactly to the average person?

Overall in spite of what you mentioned Switzerland seems rather peaceful to me still comparatively speaking.

Then why did this post mention the Switzerland area being a Balkan-tier warzone then? It seems kinda silly to try and compare swiss internal troubles in the early modern period with the torrent of ethnic violence and genocide that occurred after Yugoslavia shattered into multiple nation states in the early 90s.

Switzerland was more like Northern England, their conflicts were mostly religious, not ethnic. Seeing how unstable that country was until very recently it's pretty stupid to call them 500 years of peace.

*Northern Ireland

They didn't had an awful lot of wars. even managed to stay out of the 30 years one.

Then why did the hapsburgs try conquering them twice

Eh, the Yugoslav "ethnic" wars were also all religious, seeing as they speak the same language and define their nationality by religion.

SVP gang hier brudi

Switzerland remained part of the HRE until Napoleon swept in with his massive dong and destroyed the whole thing. The conflicts between the swiss and the Habsburg were more akin to quelling a rebellion not for independence however, mostly because the swiss are dirt poor farmers born without empathy and therefore excellent soldiers