Daily reminder they were unironically right

Daily reminder they were unironically right

>cue alcoholic rage

Attached: 3CAB8511-2F6C-4CE7-86D4-27FD7944AD3F.jpg (333x612, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa157.pdf
pbs.org/kenburns/prohibition/unintended-consequences/
werehistory.org/why-prohibition-failed/
mtholyoke.edu/~bernt22l/classweb/Liana/Failure.html
alcoholproblemsandsolutions.org/effects-of-prohibition/
cbsnews.com/news/prohibition-americas-failed-noble-experiment/
markedbyteachers.com/gcse/history/why-did-prohibition-fail-1.html
bartleby.com/essay/Organized-Crime-as-the-Main-Factor-that-PKWA2EZTC
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=8958672
depts.washington.edu/depress/prohibition_seattle.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed brother. Inshallah it will happen again soon.

Daily reminder that there are delusional Christards who actually believe this
object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa157.pdf

>Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more
dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the
breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant. No measurable gains were made in productivity or
reduced absenteeism. Prohibition removed a significant source of tax revenue and greatly increased government
spending. It led many drinkers to switch to opium, marijuana, patent medicines, cocaine, and other dangerous
substances that they would have been unlikely to encounter in the absence of Prohibition.
>Those results are documented from a variety of sources, most of which, ironically, are the work of supporters of
Prohibition--most economists and social scientists supported it. Their findings make the case against Prohibition that
much stronger.

Attached: 0513198adba994315028ea9ec9ea96de856623-wide-thumbnail.jpg (640x640, 50K)

>Supporting the freedom to drink makes you an alcoholic
Brainlet.

>a strong womyn

>using “freedom” as an empty platitude to justify your hedonism

Neat

Attached: EC6B1DAB-9528-4608-9B9A-DE6D5626C3F7.jpg (688x960, 126K)

>dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the
this meme is always stated but never proven. nor does anyone show that organized crime was truly as nationwide as assumed, anywhere outside the major cities, or anything but sensaitonalist memes peddled by MSM of the time.

>this meme is always stated but never proven.
That's because you didn't even read my fucking source you stupid post-literate nigger. He fucking shows all his sources, ironically pulled from people trying to prove what a success prohibition was

Attached: 052b62cebb86a9075ebbd0b439ce9e297c1211-wide-thumbnail.jpg (640x640, 70K)

> stupid post-literate nigger.
very rich coming from an amerimutt. And no i'm not going to read you're source from a libertarian think tank you fucking mongrel scum

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.29.49 PM.png (1004x362, 108K)

I don't even drink but if it was championed by women then it can't be correct.

t. Muhammad

>>Defending prohibition
>>When it didn't even solve the problem it purported to be able to solve in the first place.
>>While trampling all over our constitutional rights in the first place.
Take your anti-fun and anti-freedom agenda elsewhere, you faggot.

Ah yes, the Veeky Forums school of contrarian historiography.

>Attacks the researcher without bothering to notice the fact that he's pulling publicly available data
>Doesn't post any sources to back up his dumb fuck ideas
Just another degenerate Eurocuck begging for an autocrat to come pound his asshole because he's too much of a little pussy to take personal responsibility for his actions

Attached: Al-Capone-Quotes-1.jpg (188x188, 12K)

>Says while using 'hedonism' as an empty platitude to excuse curtailing freedom
Really makes me think.

>dangerous to consume and organized crime increased

Literally nothing wrong with this. Lie down with the dogs and get fleas. Might as well cry about people who OD on meth.

>can’t have fun without alcohol
>muh right to be a drug addict

Sad!

Nah, fuck restricting peoples freedoms.

>>durr dey curr abuot prsonal librties so deyz rong noe madda whut
You heard Learn to read or fuck off, cock-biscuit.

>muh Freedom to be a degenerate

>>it's impossible to drink without being an alcoholic
Crypto-Mohammedan pls go and stay go.

>>muh degeneracy maymay
Find better buzzwords, /pol/tard. This one has gotten rather stale after 23123445771074 time you've used it.

This is Homo "amerimutt" in action, everyone. He quotes a biased "source" and when you call him out on it he rabidly attacks you with his regurgitated meme vomitus. I feel nothing but pity the the creature.

How about “immoral drug addict chasing the fleeting pleasure of the high”?

The source in question uses figures provided by prohibitionists themselves to show why the policy wasn't working.

>Le ebin buzzword
Wtf I love having the state deciding what I can't drink now.

>Italians , Irish , and Jewish immigrants hit the USA

>find a country full of religious and cucked democratic who just started the temeperance movement

>Immigrants make a killing selling and transporting liquor, they gain capital quickly

>more capital leads to more politrical influence, boom Italians , Irish, and Jews become accepted within 2nd generation off the boats

i cant bash it

Attached: agaggleoffags.jpg (360x591, 37K)

>gets assblasted about trying to clean up society
>I’m not an addict though!

>Still has no arguments, still has no sources, just venom, bile, and buzzwords
I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to, literally everyone in this thread is calling you out for being a nigger

Attached: al-capone-quotes.jpg (620x420, 42K)

>maybe we should at least try to have a somewhat moral society?
>[autistic screeching]

I'd say that's a really retarded and edgy way to describe someone enjoying a couple of beers after work or having a glass of wine after dinner. In fact, I'd say anyone who makes such an absurdly counterfactual and edgy comparison is either trolling or mentally impaired.

Perhaps a drunkard who tastes a drop of alcohol and gets hooked to projecting his addictive ways.

Alcohol is unironically a scourge and the world would be better off without it. At the end of the day it comes down to brainlet who think they have a right to drink alcohol and addicts who are trying to secure their source of the supply.

If the government banned Pepsi tomorrow I would not give a fuck.

Fantastic comeback. It's as though a think-tank funded by an oligarch (robert koch) and dedicated to propagandizing free markets is not going to distort evidence and be naturally anti-government. It also helps that the writer is taking easy pot-shots at a subject that is universally shrugged off as utopian or misguided and trying to make it part of its ideological turf.

Prohibition didn't do that idiot and it created much of our modern government's shitty attitude towards constitutional rights in the process of failing at that clean up. I'd say if that sort of horseshit is the price of a "moral society" I do not want to live in one.

And we don’t want to live in a society full of Vice and acceptance of your destructive habit. But alcohol is so ingrained in people and their lust for its high is so great they go to whatever lengths to justify it.

It’s literally a grown up version of “you can’t tell me not to eat 10 cookies”

>Still has no arguments
You haven't provided one either.
>literally everyone in this thread is calling you out for being a nigger
You claim to love liberty but you sure love using peer pressure and edgy words lmao

to it*

I'm not criticizing a moral society though, just cucks who want the state to dictate what they can have for a drink.

>>Alcohol is unironically a scourge
No it isn't. The millions upon millions of people who can enjoy it in moderation proves you wrong.
>>If the government banned Pepsi tomorrow I would not give a fuck.
We've established already that people like you care more about safety then rights, freedom, or just plain having some fun. You can take your supposed gains in safety and jam them up your ass sideways. I have no interest in living in the world safety nazi soyboys like you would build and neither does any other un-castrated man.

>>blah blah muh think tank
That's your idea of a good comeback? lol

Nigger I fucking started the conversation with one AND backed it up with a source You're launching ad hominems to hide the hollow vacuity of your autocrat-fellating ideology and you don't have a single piece of actual research to back up your claims, all you're doing is blowing hot air and lashing out at people calling you on your stupidity

You need more sources because you can't accept the idea of a right-winger being right? Here:
pbs.org/kenburns/prohibition/unintended-consequences/
werehistory.org/why-prohibition-failed/
mtholyoke.edu/~bernt22l/classweb/Liana/Failure.html
alcoholproblemsandsolutions.org/effects-of-prohibition/

Attached: GrantWhiskeyQuote.png (450x300, 184K)

>soyboy

I want /pol/ to leave

>I’m not criticizing a moral society, just cucks who think the state should be the final arbiter of law in the land

>>And we don’t want to live in a society full of Vice
No such thing as society with major urban centers that doesn't have "Vice". I'd tell you to fuck off to Saudi Arabia or some shit but they have a massive underground alcohol culture and an equally massive underground homosexual hook-up culture.

>>But alcohol is so ingrained in people and their lust for its high is so great they go to whatever lengths to justify it.
It's funny, I last had an alcoholic beverage about 2 weeks ago and reading this makes me want to take up binge drinking just to spite boring faggots like you.

>>It’s literally a grown up version of “you can’t tell me not to eat 10 cookies”
No it isn't. It's actually called "I'm an adult and you don't get to tell me that I can't have a drink simply because you think everyone who drinks is an alcoholic".

>That's your idea of a good comeback? lol
This is a history board, you mouth-breathing scum. It requires interrogating the motives behind sources. Why do you expect me to uncritically digest the clippings from your libertardian propaganda mill?

>getting this triggered because some people want to clean up society

It has nothing to do with “safety”. I just don’t want a society of drunken idiots running around. People like you will defend any animalistic pleasure seeking activity. If crystal meth was legal you’d defend it.

>>says the idiot arguing for /pol/'s special brand of idiotic no-fun allowed fascism.
lol fuck off already, prohibitionists have no good arguments.

>go to Saudi

And Saudi at least takes steps to contain it; which is the complete opposite of us. Believe me I would love to see brewers and faggots whipped in public.

>boring faggots

>can’t have fun without drinking

Sad!

>it’s called I’m an adult...

>FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD I’LL DO WHAT I WANT

>You're launching ad hominems to hide the hollow vacuity of your autocrat-fellating ideology
I love how you claim the moral high ground and then proceed to smear me with your american buzzwords revolving around "niggers" and "muh big gubment".
>all you're doing is blowing hot air and lashing out at people calling you on your stupidity
No. I just don't claim to have a grand narrative to explain all historical events like you /pol/tards do.

>Here:
Google damage control incoming lmao. I can just as easily type in shit into google and give you the opposite argument.

>can’t have fun without drinking

S a d !

Go take it up with this guyhe posted other shit for you to refuse to believe for various reasons.

>>It has nothing to do with “safety”. I just don’t want a society of drunken idiots running around.
Oh so you just don't like drunks? That's funny I don't like boring assholes like you. Maybe I should use that as an excuse for a law prohibiting people from being boring assholes.

>>People like you will defend any animalistic pleasure seeking activity.
Not really, I do not favor killing people for the fun of it for example.
>>If crystal meth was legal you’d defend it.
Quick question, has drug prohibition stopped people from getting and using drugs? No it hasn't.

>prohibiting alcohol is “””””fascism”””””

>I love how you claim the moral high ground and then proceed to smear me with your american buzzwords
I love how obsessed with American public policy you are even though you're not an American, and then you wonder why you get attacked American style, for being the kind of idiot that glorifies his own ignorance
>. I just don't claim to have a grand narrative to explain all historical events like you /pol/tards do.
Translation: "I like talking out of my ass because I can't actually defend my position"
It's fucking rich that you think I'm a /pol/tard
>Google damage control incoming lmao
Just another way for you to casually ignore all research, regardless of the source, even if that source is the American government, itself
cbsnews.com/news/prohibition-americas-failed-noble-experiment/
markedbyteachers.com/gcse/history/why-did-prohibition-fail-1.html
bartleby.com/essay/Organized-Crime-as-the-Main-Factor-that-PKWA2EZTC
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=8958672
depts.washington.edu/depress/prohibition_seattle.shtml

Prohibition of drugs certainly makes it harder to obtain them and easier to self select the people who use them. I’m just fine with people OD’ing from drugs, getting killed buying them etc. It helps weed out the good and bad people.

Society would be better off without alcohol dependent hedonists like you running around, and the fact that your main argument is calling me boring says alot about your motivation for drinking. Why don’t you go crack a cold one? It looks so fun and cool on the tv. All the manly men like you drink. Go slurp one down champ, you’re an all American blue collar hero just like this guy in the Budweiser ad

>The state should be the final arbiter of the law as long as the law tells me what I can drink

>Believe me I would love to see brewers and faggots whipped in public.
Lol, why not go out and try to tell people having a beer they are degenerate alcoholics who should be whipped and tell us how you did?

>and then you wonder why you get attacked American style
You mean getting attacked by adhoms? As it is Prohibition was clearly not a big government scheme. It was totally dependent on State enforcement, which many refused to do. That is quite in the tradition of State's Rights. Federal Government and Federal enforcement was extremely primitive up to 1932.
>Translation: "I like talking out of my ass because I can't actually defend my position"
And? I have no position to defend, except that I don't want a complex historical event to be the battleground for your meme ideology.
>Just another way for you to casually ignore all research
I've read all your other links, except the first. While interesting, they all had no citations and were just asserting the common memes.

>>Prohibition of drugs certainly makes it harder to obtain them
Motherfucker, kids have an easier time getting a hold of prohibited drugs then they do legal alcoholic beverages.
>>and easier to self select the people who use them. I’m just fine with people OD’ing from drugs, getting killed buying them etc. It helps weed out the good and bad people.
In other words, you just want people you don't like to suffer and die because you're a miserable misanthrope. Fuck you too, asshole.

>>Society would be better off without alcohol dependent hedonists like you running around, and the fact that your main argument is calling me boring says alot about your motivation for drinking. Why don’t you go crack a cold one? It looks so fun and cool on the tv. All the manly men like you drink. Go slurp one down champ, you’re an all American blue collar hero just like this guy in the Budweiser ad
I call you boring because you are boring. Only a boring person would write boring screeds like this in defense of a failed policy which was also likely boring in some way.