Let's talk about the Fatty Arbuckle case

Let's talk about the Fatty Arbuckle case.

This overweight entertainment industry figure was accused of molesting underage actresses, and lost everything.

What an interesting case!

Has anything similar ever happened in the history of the American entertainment industry?

Also, what was his name?

Attached: images (36).jpg (436x338, 27K)

Fatty "I Found A Way" Arbuckle

Are you hinting at that Dan Schneider thing?

pretty sure an overage actress died at a party after drinking tainted bootleg liquor

Fatty "Silent screens means silent screams" Arbuckle

No, we're here to discuss historical events from 25+ years ago, not the recent firing of the producer of iCarly and other such hit television shows.

Idgaf that /tv/ is a cesspool and that /pol/ is somehow even worse, this is not Veeky Forums related, go back to your containment board.

Fatty "The Screamings Twelvies, not the Roaring Twenties" Arbuckle

Fatty "Black and White, and Very Tight" Arbuckle

Bill Cosby.

Tbh I always thought making hot actresses fuck you in order to get the roles they want was considered one of the perks of the job of being a bigshot producer or director in TV and film.

If the women in question don't like it they could always get a job in McDonalds or some shit.

Would you suck your boss's dick for a promotion?

>Has anything similar ever happened in the history of the American entertainment industry?
has it ever not happened?

the film industry was created to codify this kind of "soft-prostitution"

I'm readin over this on wikipedia, and I havr to ask, did he actualy do it?

>Arbuckle was charged with manslaughter and scheduled for trial that November. San Francisco District Attorney Matthew Brady saw the case as the perfect opportunity to jump-start his career in politics, but he was beginning to have trouble with his star witness, Delmont. Sometimes she claimed to be a lifelong friend of Rappe’s; other times, she insisted they’d met just days before the party. She also had a criminal history of fraud and extortion, Brady discovered. Also known as “Madame Black,” Delmont procured young women for parties where wealthy male guests soon found themselves accused of rape and blackmailed into paying Delmont. Then there was the matter of the telegrams that she sent to attorneys in both San Diego and Los Angeles: “WE HAVE ROSCOE ARBUCKLE IN A HOLE HERE CHANCE TO MAKE SOME MONEY OUT OF HIM.”

>Still, Brady proceeded to trial. The newspapers never questioned Delmont’s version of events, and they kept flogging Arbuckle. His reputation was in a shambles, even after his friends Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin vouched for his character.

>But Arbuckle’s lawyers introduced medical evidence showing that Rappe had had a chronic bladder condition, and her autopsy concluded that there “were no marks of violence on the body, no signs that the girl had been attacked in any way.” (The defense also had witnesses with damaging information about Rappe’s past, but Arbuckle wouldn’t let them testify, he said, out of respect for the dead.) The doctor who treated Rappe at the hotel testified that she had told him Arbuckle did not try to sexually assault her, but the prosecutor got the point dismissed as hearsay.

gentlemen, I have a feeling Mr. Arbuckle was framed...

For a shot at vast wealth and fame? I might consider it, if I valued those things.

Depends if the promotion involved getting a multi-million pound film role desu.

Historically acting and prositiution were pretty much the same thing, both are a form of selling the body. An actress would be expected to spread her legs as part of her job.

It's only in modern times they're called "artists" and not treated as members of the underclass which they should be.

>"Acquittal is not enough for Roscoe Arbuckle. We feel that a great injustice has been done him… there was not the slightest proof adduced to connect him in any way with the commission of a crime."

Fatty 'fuck' Arbuckle

Fatty "piss off the yids watch your life hit the skids" Arbuckle

I'd do it to become a millionaire celebrity overnight and I'm not even gay, so it must have been easier for all those women. Emergency services and soldiers go through worse trauma and often get paid fuck all and no one gives a fuck about them.

The only victims here are those who invested in Weinstein's company under the assumption he hired on merit and the consumers denied quality kino. Of course leftists don't think, they feel, they remember that time their uncle molested them and assume it is the same thing. So the ACTUAL VICTIMS will never be able to sue Weinstein and these "actresses" and drive them into bankruptcy so they have to scrub toilets and wash dishes to make ends meet like most people.

I'll tell you what you can pick! You can pick out a good tune on that piano!
Fatty's in a little jam,
Dead girl, dead girl,
Fatty's in a...
Oh, now, how the whiz bang does the rest of it go?
Quick! Make something up!

Attached: PhonyContentLeonberger-max-1mb.gif (400x250, 399K)