The daughter of the owner of the house came back inside from fetching water and reportedly said "The Prussians! The...

>The daughter of the owner of the house came back inside from fetching water and reportedly said "The Prussians! The Prussians are coming!"[1]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirmish_at_Joncherey

Apparently there are retards who still called Germans "Prussians" in fucking 1914

Attached: jons.png (324x618, 136K)

Maybe because the military high command was all prussians?
You're a fucking idiot

Also the fact that the Prussians were the dominant group in Germany politically, culturally, and socially. If a little French kid in 1815 had run around saying “the English are coming!” instead of “the British are coming!” it wouldn’t have been particularly crazy.

>French farmer's daughter knows about which German region people in the German military high command are from

Attached: $_1f.jpg (613x533, 104K)

>If a little French kid in 1815 had run around saying “the English are coming!” instead of “the British are coming!” it wouldn’t have been particularly crazy.

What would be crazy of the idea that the English would be able to come without the Belgian police being sent to arrest them

Germany was sill a cluster of nations. You have for example the bavarians that had their own army.

So we can all agree that Germany was a very recent and theorical thing in people's mind, and that therefore it could have easily been dismantled in 1918?

>French girl
>Shouting on English
What a fake.

I bet you think all these quotes from Hitler, Napoleon, Socrates...etc you can read in English ae fake too

>1915
>sitting in a trench with my italian bros
>sudden artillery bombardment, everything goes to hell
>hear someone near me screaming "The Austrians are coming!"
>turn to face that little shit with a smug look on my face
>you fucking idiot these are actually Bosniaks, Slovenes and Croats
>artillery shell blows us both up
>atleast I told that little fucker before I died

They got invaded by Prussia just 40 years before
See

The Kingdom of Prussia wasn't dismantled till 1945

No, it couldn't have been, for the same reason Italy couldn't have been.

Not really, germany had been a country for a generation now and the idea of a German state has lived for centuries, through the HRE and the german confederetion

Kek
Nice post user

Not him. You have tje east/west division of Germany as a succesful example (if It wasnt for the commies ruining everything)

It was like how people now often say "English" or "England" when referring to the UK, or "Holland" when referring to the Netherlands. Prussia was by far the most dominant kingdom of the German Empire, so it's understandable.

Wrong

lul

Attached: 1518726174053.png (235x245, 93K)

what most people have said plus,
each German kingdom had their own armies with their own uniform.
so it could have been a Prussian unit wearing their own uniform and bearing Prussian standards

>skirmish
>12 people involved

wtf am i even reading. this isn't a military engagement, much less a skirmish. this is a bar brawl

>The daughter of the owner of the house came back inside from fetching water and reportedly said "The Prussians! The Prussians are coming!
10/10 would bang

completely accurate analogy

Attached: ahaa.png (599x605, 8K)

>1915
>sitting in trench with my ottoman bros
>sudden battleship bombardment
>hear somebody scream "The British are coming!"
>turn to face that little shit with a smug look on my face
>you fucking idiot these are actually Australians, New Zealanders, and Indians

most of the navy had British crew

Attached: 1465538224170.png (440x325, 67K)

The current word for German in French is Allemand.
It comes from the name of the Alemanni, a Germanic people that settled around the upper Rhine and Danube.
This territory became Swabia in the tenth century.

At least the Prussians were still a thing in 1914. Now to refer to the whole we use the name of a group of Germans that have been forgotten a millennia ago.

Maybe because the Kingdom of Prussia was the largest contributor to the German armed forces? Also as said

Attached: 1520688870816.jpg (433x427, 86K)

... well, until 1918 indeed there was a difference, who´s coming:

- the Prussian Army (11 Army Cops + the guard corps)
- the Bavarian Army (3 Army Corps)
- the Saxon Army (2 Army Corps)
- the Wuerttemberg Army (1 Army Corp)

or the Armies of the Austro-Hungarian Empire

Attached: Siegesparade_der_ Ulanen_1919.jpg (3500x2283, 754K)

>Greek army occupies some islands
>children come to take a look at Hellenes
>soldiers say children they are also Hellenes
>no we're Romans
>in 1912

>4370605
>1915
>sitting in trench with my ottoman bros
>sudden battleship bombardment
>scream "The British are coming!"
>Someone turns to face me with a smug look on his face
>"you fucking idiot these are actually Australians, New Zealanders, and Indians"
>I reply "actually most of the navy had British crew"

Gold

No one used the term Bosniak until like 1993, dude.