Why was Britain so regressive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19th_century_in_LGBT_rights
So in one of our many holocaust threads, some user brought up Napoleon leagilising fags
So google search gives me this, whilst everyone is abolishing the laws or reinstating the old ones, britain is making new ones that make it illegal
My question is why did Britain normally a country ahead of the times (constitutional monarchy, rule of law) pass such laws
Was it Tory ascendancy after Napoleon and romanticism just like how the rest of Europe was with the restoration of monarchs and old lands. Or was it the re-emergence of faith that led the church to become more Puritan than the original puritans

Attached: CAD16BFD-EE3B-436B-A0EE-D7179B1D563E.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They illegalized them because they had more of them than anyone else. Still do.

Can I have a source on Nap legalizing homosexuality? I've read several biographies on him and never seen this mentioned before. I know he that was aware of Cambaceres' homosexuality and had no problem with it, but making personal exceptions for homosexuality was not uncommon back then. Considering he removed pretty much every right women had I find it hard to believe he would give more rights to homosexuals.

He was a raging faggot and his hatred of 'rosbif' wasn't referring to the british

>He was a raging faggot
Ah yes, that must be why he had over two dozen mistresses, several of whom he had children with.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

Fuck off. You’re just jealous that Napoleon fucked as many women as you want whereas even cheap prostitutes would turn you down.

u mad

"He" was a raging lesbian, clearly.

Click on the Wikipedia link
Talks about the napoleonic code spreading

Can I have a source on him removing every right of women

>The new penal code did not mention blasphemy, heresy, sacrilege, witchcraft or homosexuality

He didn't mention it in his code of laws, which didn't necessarily mean it was suddenly legal, it just meant it was 'de facto' decriminalized, but in reality he allowed priests to uphold religious laws, and members of his own government supported this too. Somehow not mentioning religious laws in his constitution led to people assuming he was all for gay rights.

He was the most enlightened despot of them all

Enlightenment thinking =/= LGBTQWERTY autism

This. Brainlets assume that 17-19th century liberalism is the same as 21st or even 20th century liberals.

Nappy rawdogged Welly, so you know they were ok with the gay lifestyle.

>rawdogged
Nah Napoleon got bullRoo’d why else do you think he was even more worse as he went on
He was dying of dysentery caused by an anal puncture

How can anyone unironically be pro-sodomy?

Reaction to France.
England pretty much rejected the enlightenment (although technically it already happened in 17th century) because they thought it was French

>legalising fag sex is a natural effect of historical progress and enlightenment
never go full Whig

Because you’re a sodomite?
Then why did it spread the franchise and end slavery