Why is Britain so powerful?

Britain defeated

>Rome
>The Spanish Empire
>Napoleon's French Empire
>Nazi Germany
>The Soviet Union

How can such a small island be so damn powerful?

Attached: yur.png (808x2393, 791K)

superior anglo intellect and genetics

>no
>yes
>yes
>no
>no

Britain was defeated by
>a bunch of shitskins culturally enriching their women

wow so powerful

>Britain defeated time
Is this the power of Anglo education?

Fug I meant rome

>running away and withdrawing all your legions
>pretending it's because of some far-off succession or some other bullshit excuse

they were actually sick of their women getting CELTED

>yes
>yes

Lmao
The Spanish Empire was mostly defeated by itself and then finished off by France
And Napoleon was beaten by Russians and Germans

>Rome
Britain never defeated the Romans, even shithuffing Picts were conquered by the legions, but romans decided to leave them beyond Hadrian's wall. Rome evacuated Britain and germanic Anglo-Saxon-Jutes were the ones who conquered it.
>Spain
Didn't defeat Spanish empire, Spain was destroyed by Napoleon and colonial revolutionaries.
>Napoleons France
Maybe on sea, but never on the land. Napoleon was defeated by combination of Russians, Prussians and Austrian army coaltions and Brits did play a small part in it, but not much. Even in Peninsular war, the french army was defeted by spanish guerrilas.
inb4 "muh waterloo"... irrelevant.
>Nazi Germany
Hahahaha, no. Soviet Union and USA defeated the germans, brits were on little big higher on level with Italy irrelevance durring 1944-1945(fucking irelevant)
>Soviet Union
Literally not in any sense, Soviets crumble on their own due to bad economy and self-destructive politics that failed to reform.

Attached: 1476474097054.png (1280x800, 1.11M)

there's this obvious background bitterness in this post that you can just feel. It's so... /int/.

>Spanish empire
What

Attached: brainlet.png (586x578, 37K)

They are unironically superior.

But he isn't even all that wrong. I'd say they played a larger role in the Napoleonic Wars (although more economically than militarily) and one shouldn't underestimate the role they played in WW2. The other points stand

As for Waterloo, it's entirely overrated by Anglo media, Napoleon was defeated by Russia and at Leipzig. Waterloo was nothing more than the last rearing of a corpse.

>ctrl f
>zero matches for tea
Tea is a stimulant and the British constantly had this stimulant. It was ingrained into the very fabric of the British moral fiber. Britons were essentially tea in human form.

This. It's no coincidence that the British are literally the most widespread and successful diaspora in the world.
America was best when everybody was Anglo. We founded this country. America was formed under Anglos, and became a superpower under Anglos.

Attached: rhodes.jpg (850x400, 74K)

His post is awful because it is entirely about land warfare. Which is one aspect of human history. This board is absolutely fetishised over wars.

Ik, people here don't seem to see the merits of Britain's technological and scientific advancements.

>Napoleon's France
Yes I'll give you that

>Nazi Germany
In terms of the naval and air war and espionage/intelligence yes but they couldn't have without help from America and the Soviets

>Soviet Union
Was bound to happen and I can't think of one thing they did to speed up the fall

>Spain
Charles II helped them significantly

>Rome
This is bait

Britain wasn't a superpower because of it's race. The Uk is made up of varying european groups including Nords and Celts.

Britain was a superpower because they embraced rationalism, innovation, the enlightenment, liberalism, parliamentary democracy and rewarded education and meritocracy.

The British have the mindset every nation on earth should have. Germans without autism and more individualism.

Exactly. penicillin, the telephone, the steam engine, half the fucking enlightenment. British have contributed the most of any nation ever to science.

>Napoleon's France
>Yes I'll give you that

Attached: 220px-Blücher_(nach_Gebauer).jpg (220x271, 13K)

Britain wasn't a superpower, period

>having the largest economy on earth and manufacturing more than the rest of europe combined
>not a superpower because they have no EPIC BASED LAND ARMY

The Napoleonic wars were an absolute humiliation for Prussia.

>but they couldn't have without help from America and the Soviets

And yet you "gave them" Napoleon although they couldn't have done shit without Russians and Germans...

F U M I N G

Prussia was absolute dogshit in the Napoleonic Wars.

>call yourself a superpower
>need to struggle for 4 years to barely beat lone Germany despite being helped by tons of great powers

If Britain was a superpower, than germany was a hyper-ultra-megapower

This isn't what Wellington said when we saved his ass from getting ravaged by Napolean

It's almost as though it takes more to judge a superpower than pitting them in land trench warfare.

I guess the US isn't a superpower because it struggled to beat Vietnam?

Why are you so obsessed with militaries?

>WE

Prussians don't exist anymore lmao

>I guess the US isn't a superpower because it struggled to beat Vietnam?

Are you uniroically comparing conventional and gorilla warfare?
Post-WW2 America is unmatched in term of raw military power.
Meanwhile, Britain (even at peak) never was the strongest military power on Earth

>Napoleon was already being embarrassed when Blucher showed up
That Prussian army would probably get fucked if it fought Napoleon alone, like it had at most other instance. Pathetic. The Prussian army is the biggest meme in military history.

Attached: ligny.png (312x613, 186K)

If i remember correctly Prussia couldn't decide which side they were on in the Napoleonic Wars and their preformance was on or below par with their allies

You get everyone else to fight each other while you sit on your island

>gorilla warfare

>Meanwhile, Britain (even at peak) never was the strongest military power on Earth

Because that isn't the measurement of a superpower?

When all of Contienntal europe is in a depression because of Napoleon's British blocakde choking them of exports, and the British are generating more wealth than the rest of Europe combined, it is fair to call them a superpower.

When the British blockade Germany and choke it's oil resources, it is fair to call it a superpower.

When the British mobilize an army of over 2 million men by 1918, it is fair to call them a superpower.

In what instances? Was it the Somme? Gallipolli? The Peninsular War? The Seven Years' War?

So navies aren't military then?

>When the British mobilize an army of over 2 million men by 1918, it is fair to call them a superpower.

Russia and Germany mobilized many more men than Britain during WW1, so if that's your criterion for being a superpower...

Attached: 1476868244746gd.png (709x502, 60K)

That was one example. And Germany and russia were superpowers??

Also, wanna know why the British used more colonials than the french? Because they had a larger empire. *gasp.*

Military power = combination of army and navy (and now air force)
Britain had a strong navy, but its land army was so shit that they were powerless in Europe
That's why they can't be considered a real superpower in the vein of current America (who dominates in both army and navy)

>Blucher being revelant
*eats your Iron Cross and washes it down with bottle of cheap vodka*

Attached: Kutuzov cucks Napoleon.jpg (1023x575, 64K)

>Britain defeated
>>Rome
>>The Spanish Empire
>>Napoleon's French Empire
>>Nazi Germany
>>The Soviet Union
When?

>Britain had a strong navy, but its land army was so shit that they were powerless in Europe

Is that why they were the largest allied power in 1918 and survived being at war with all of europe alone, twice?

By that logic no empire has been a real superpower as they have never had the immense naval and army power that America has today.
Britain didn't need a large army. They used it when they needed to, and usually used it effectively, but they only needed a giant navy to maintain its empire and defend its shores.

>And Germany and russia were superpowers??

Of yeah, the good ol' "anyone kinda strong = superpower" kiddo logic...
There's an actual term for these, it's "Great Power" (pic related)

Superpower is something else, superpower = unrivaled hegemon
Something current America is, and something Britain never was

Attached: great power.png (1136x774, 66K)

>and survived being at war with all of europe alone, twice?

In what reality did this occur
Britain is like the only european great power to have LITERALLY NEVER fought a war in Europe without allies

>Of yeah, the good ol' "anyone kinda strong = superpower" kiddo logic...

THIS HAS BEEN THE LOGIC YOU HAVE USING THE WHOLE TIME.

>By that logic no empire has been a real superpower as they have never had the immense naval and army power that America has today.

And this is the truth
Calling every strong past entity a "superpower" is 10 years old tier behavior
Words having meanings

>In what reality did this occur
1940-41
The Napoleonic wars until 1812?

I suppose. Our (USA) superpower status is a testament to the superiority of the Anglo, however.

a minor power, shortlived, dissolving by the turn of the 20th century

>1940-41
Britain hiding on its island after having dunkirked out of Europe when its allies got BTFO by lone Germany =/= being at war with all of europe alone

>The Napoleonic wars until 1812?
Is that a joke?
What are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th coalitions?

>largest economy on earth
>largest navy
>minor power

>When?
Last night at the boozer

>Britain hiding on its island after having dunkirked out of Europe when its allies got BTFO by lone Germany =/= being at war with all of europe alone

>What is North Africa
>What is Burma
>What was the Battle of Britain

Literally all of Europe except Iberia, Sweden and Switzerland were under the Axis.

yes, minor power, huddled up on its containment island starting well over a century ago

>i don't have an argument

The United States:

>Is Rome
>Cucked Spain out of their colonial holdings in the New World by inspiring the fervor of Revolution
>Directly created the Napoleonic French empire by pulling them in to 2 wars that bankrupted the Monarchy
>Single-handedly beat the Nazis and Soviets
>Beat Britain

Attached: 1423DE29-E535-4B8D-BAE6-6776F80499E3.jpg (1039x728, 129K)

cringe

>boasting about the us in 2018
ah yes the mighty persian empire is the greatest and shall never fall

Attached: 1518552527741.jpg (777x1024, 828K)

Attached: 1518216249048.png (625x626, 35K)

>settled reality isn't argued, it's illuminated

SHut the fuck up, you krautnigger. Germany WASN'T a superpower, Period. Krautniggers were irrelevant, and never reached the might of British Empire.

No, you fucktard. MAJOR power, with occupying over 1/4 of planets sufrace.

Stfu you krautnigger.

Bahahahhhahaha
Nice bait mate, cya in valhalla

>rome
wrong
>the spanish empire
france
>the french empire
they helped but weren't amongst the first cause of his defeat, even if you count paying other state to fight for them.
>nazi germany
60% russia, 25% usa, 15% england
>urss
oh my bad this is a troll thread

Attached: 1518113833996.png (400x309, 6K)

Cleverly working out who to ally with, paying off the right people, and using superior military tactics.

>British have contributed the most of any nation ever to science
Yeah, but not 54% like some deluded bongs keep claiming. Is this how you make up for shit military record?

Lmao, Britain and France are the only constants

>shit military
Trafalgar
The Nile
Operation Compass
Battle of Britain

I can go on.

Yes but these are generally isolated cases. The only war against another great power that England went solo (sort of) was the HYW and they lost

Top kek

I swear that literally any thread about Britain (or England) baits people so much.
So much as utter 'empire' and you've got a crowd. It's probably the fact that the people who built the empire are still a living breathing ethnicity and that ot is fairly recent.
Take Rome for example, people don't shit on it because romans don't exist to brag anymore and their empire is long gone

Attached: 1520013600169.png (441x360, 113K)

Because pretty much every war Britain has fought has been with allies. Britain avoids war. What is your point?

It’s not just French mate. Americans on this board make up the overwhelming UK hate. And Russians. It’s mainly jealousy.

any thread about a country will have the same answers, nigger
try to make one about the us, france, spain, whatever. It's the same, you're not a precious elite snowflake.
>the people who built the empire are still a living breathing ethnicity and that ot is fairly recent.
give it a few years.

wasn't the US Anglo only for like the first 40 years?

The salt is real

Americans don't normally 'hate' on Britain.
They like to mess a bit about the revolutionary war and 1812 (and fair enough), but apart from that they generally support Britain.

You know this isn't true.
The only people who takes the piss out of France are Brits

There are more german descendents than brits in america, and it was also the case when they became a superpower. You are wrong on both accounts.

It's just a fact ol' chap.
Absolutely not. If you think his is some kind of anti-anglo echo chamber you're gravely mistaken. It's just that it doesn't shit on France as much as other places.

Every user I’ve met on Veeky Forums who hates the UK, when asked nationality, is either American or Russian.

The U.S. had Dutch, French, Irish, Germans, etc. from the very start.

Other places are irrelevant
Relevant countries:
-UK
-USA
-France
-Germany
-Italy
-Spain
-Russia

Americans might hate modern UK, but i can't imagine they generally hate on historical UK, they're meant to be kinsmen

I have respect for their accomplishments and people, no doubt. Some of my ancestors were English. But I really wish my country had not picked up their mantle of fucking around all over the world after WWII. We would have done well to make them deal with the results of their empire themslves and just took care of business in our hemisphere. Old world bullshit is never ending.

>But I really wish my country had not picked up their mantle of fucking around all over the world after WWII.
You could technically trace these entanglements back to when America started handing out loans to the Entente in WW1 and refused to let the nations not to pay it back, that's when I'd say America truly became entangled in Old World affairs.

America my son, remember...

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 119K)

autists on Veeky Forums aren't representative of the general population

>The isolation of the United States is at an end, not because we chose to go into the politics of the world, but because by the sheer genius of this people and the growth of our power we have become a determining factor in the history of mankind, and after you had become a determining factor you can not remain isolated, whether you want to or not. Isolation ended by the processes of history, not by the processes of our independent choice, and the processes of history merely fulfilled the prediction of the men who founded our Republic. Go back and read some of the immortal sentences of the men that assisted to frame this Government and see how they set up a standard to which they intended that the nations of the world should rally. They said to the people of the world, "Come to us; this is the home of liberty; this is the place where mankind can learn how to govern their own affairs and straighten out their own difficulties," and the world did come to us.

Attached: #.jpg (600x727, 96K)

I know. Just saying the Brit hate here comes mainly from el goblino.

>britain
>small rainy island
>no real financial, technological or military advantage over any of its rivals
>takes over a third of the world's population

>america
>history's only hyperpower, history's largest economy, untold technological advantages over its rivals
>lose to rice farmers and goat herders

americans. not even once

If by 'el goblino' you mean the Americans of non-English ancestry then perhaps

Lmao, bongs think they won through 'strength of spirit'. Every 'great' british victory against a european power was won by technological differences.
Battles like Trafalgar were won because further reaching cannons. They only won the napoleonic wars because they had steam power.

>>no real financial, technological or military advantage over any of its rivals
>literally an island
>with tons of coal, oil, iron, gas

By other places I meant other boards or websites. Everyone shits on the french constantly, but on his it's harder because people actually know history.

it's frances fault for not inventing better cannons then

This is bait right?

Attached: 1521452384241.jpg (375x250, 15K)