Greyskull LP

Complete novice here

What is the best starting program? Most often people say SS but then someone refutes it by saying it is a meme. I also heard that Greyskull is good but which version is best? Is there anything better than Greyskull.

Do you want size or strength? If you train for one you will get the other regardless but what's your focus?

SS and SL are garbage. Literally do anything else.

JUST DO SOMETHING FUK

PRESS
SQUAT
PULL
DOES NOT REALLY MATTER WHAT KIND

You could fucking do hammer strength machine presses, front squats and cable rows for 8 weeks and if you ate decent and worked hard, become significantly more strong and jacked. Do NOT waste time analyzing the pros and cons of programs. Find shit that will make you want to go to the gym because you enjoy doing them, and only that. Just fucking start.

I'm doing it for aesthetics but I don't want to look muscular but be weak
What is SL? Which program should I do if SS and SL are garbage?

Thanks guys

Perform:
squat
dl
bench
ohp
pullups
rows
within a decent rep range and you cant go wrong

Strongly to 5x5 it's a knockoff of starting strength except power cleans are replaced with rows. ICF, greyskull and candito's programs are good. Really, it all boils down to though.

Do ppl it's the ultimate marriage of aesthetics and strength. Just be willing to train 3 out of every 4 days at least.

seconded

this OP. but instead of 3 days do 6 days, if youre too weak to do them then split into am + pm. remember to take 1.9g/lb protein, do keto diet and fast 16/8. use preworkouts with onion juice. by 3 months you should be repping 1/2/3/4

Keto and intermittent fasting?
I'm 6 feet but I only weigh 60 kg

I would not listen to that guy. I think he's memeing but honestly I'm not even sure with the state of this board

thats even better. by 6 months youll be 200lb with 4% bf, bulging veins striations all over, just like everyone here

>When you take Veeky Forums too seriously

This godtier variation

I did SS, greyskull and other’s for almost a year. If you’re in this to look good and get strong do PPLxPPLx. Anything else is wasting your fucking time.

What was your experience like with SS and Greyskull? Why was it worse than PPL?

Those aren’t bad for gaining a bit of muscle but you only gain a small amount in few areas, they’re good for strength too but if you start with a decent amount of volume and hit more variety in your body parts more muscles will grow in a way that looks aesthetically pleasing. Make sense? Plus it’s just as good strength, arguably better. My bench exploded when I upped the rep range and frequency.

By a variety do you just mean different exercises?

bump

SS is good but I'd say the best is probably ICF (ice cream fitness) for 6-12months then do whatever the fuck you feel is right. You work everything with ICF such as grip, neck and core which you usally don't with other programs. Why people are hating on SS is because they don't respond well those programs AND STAY ON THEM for 2years+ complaining about their shit gains. If a program gives you very few gains in 3months then just change your program. Or diet

What do you do if you don't fail the first set but fail the others 2 times in a row? Keep trying without deloading?

wait how is this any really different then the phreak variation? also can I do phrak variation but follow the rules of the Veeky Forums version? or no

Don't deload, just use same weight as many times you get 5/5/5 or stuck with first set and deload

With phraks you deload if you don't hit 5 reps at final set, which means you deload more often than with Veeky Forumss variation. And there are curls at Veeky Forumss. And yes you can follow phraks with Veeky Forumss rules

do starting strength as written (including the diet) if you want size and strength. literally everything else is literally inferior.

if all these "ss is a meme" idiots posted pics, you'd see they are all dyel twinks.

greyskull incorporates AMRAPs for the last set of each exercise, which is more detrimental than good.

Listen man, if you want to look good and get strong, you need to start off with a PPLPPLx routine.

Go light on compounds and focus heavily on isolation. This is the best route for a novice because isolations help build connective tissue in your joints. SS is just a meme that will make you fat and ruin your knees

>ss

shut the hell up fat fuck, post picture lard faggot

I am probably going to do this but I need to find a gym, what should a gym I join have MINIMUM?

Bench press, squat rack, bumbells and barbells?

This or Phraks is pretty good. I did Phraks with added isolations like in Veeky Forums's.

Thanks for posting this. I'm interested in this question as well.

GZCLP

Without those your gym would be a yoga class, so yeah.

thanks senpai

Gym should have a straight barbell, squat/power rack, bench and a deadlift platform. Bumper plates are a bonus.

Do starting strength exactly as written whilst eating at least 4k cals for 6 weeks. It's the fastest way to gain basic competency and adapt to the soreness. Greyskull will achieve a similar result but it limits your squat development for no reason, and I know a minority of novices that found it was too stressful on their elbows.

Then do a push/pull/rest, 2 upper body exercises for each, and squat for push, deadlift for pull. Do 5-8 sets, w/e rep scheme you prefer. If you want to go more often, the lower body stuff is too exhausting or your gym sessions are too long, switch to PPL.

Reminder this program was written by a guy pretending to be a tranny

Its shit

God dammit people are retarded. Hurrrr starting strength for 2 years hurrrrr. Hurrrr ICF, reccomending useless shrugs to newbies hurrrrr.

Run starting strength for 4-6 months as fucking written, ie read the fucking book instead of a shitty jpeg then bitching about running it for 2 years. Don't listen to the literal retards here and don't be a literal retard. READ THE BOOK. Even if you end up not doibg the program there's essential concepts written there.