Be me

>Be me
>336 lbs
>Start counting macros and working out mid-January of this year
>fast forward to now
>250 lbs
>stuck for the past 3 months
>can't lose weight, haven't stopped counting macros and working out consistently

What the fuck do I do to start losing weight again? I have 50 more pounds to go.

Other urls found in this thread:

irc.bio/ref/31/
100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Have you adjusted your calories for your new weight

Train lower back and hip abductors harder

Yes. Cut carbs back to 100 g/day fats at 60-70g/day and protein around 150 g. I do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and I'm a cargo unloader at Walmart so I get plenty of exercise there as well

More cardio, slightly less food. More water.
Continue adjusting until lbs fall off

I feel like if I eat any less than I am right now I could damage myself in the long run, and my efficiency at work would decline. I mean, I'm 250 pounds and 6' eating less than 2000 cal daily

fast on your days off then

never thought about doing that actually.. ty user

you have metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance which means your metabolism drops to fuck all. There is a SARM which helps metabolise fat. Also, try extended water fasting on days off.

>SARM
Wtf is that?

Your body has adapted to this low calorie state you are in. Take a 1-3 month diet break.

You can test this with thermogenesis, do you get hot after eating food and doing cardio or not? If not you have adapted to this low calorie state.

Try eating 2-3 large meals a day and cutting down the cardio down to 2-3x/week.

Remember that 25% of calories from food go directly to thermogenesis or something huge like that. So if you are not making extra body heat you are effectively eating that % of extra calories.

Or you can just eat even less.

Basically a legal cutting edge drug that was created to replace steroids.

That shit is the real fucking deal too.
Okay, remember all of those 1970' and 1980's movies about super drugs and chemicals making people into super humans and what not?
That was based on real shit.

SARMS are probably one of the few things to come out of those labs from back then that survived.

Problem? That shit is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get and is ridiculously expensive if you can.

What it is:
Cardarine (GW-501516) is grouped in the category of SARMS, however in structure and definition, it is a PPAR modulator. As a PPAR modulator, it activates AMP-activated protein kinase and stimulates glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. GW-501516 possesses abilities to reverse metabolism problems by stimulating fatty acid oxidation. It is considered a strong treatment for obesity and other related conditions.

FUNCTIONS:
Several research studies have been conducted on rats with Cardarine (GW-501516) implementation. GW is a selective agonist, or activator, of the PPAR receptor. The binding of GW-501516 to PPAR recruits the co activator PGC-1a. The PPAR/co activator complex then up regulates the expression of proteins involved in energy expenditure.

GW-501516 has also show to increase fatty acid metabolism in skeletal muscle and protect against obesity caused from diet. Testing conducted on obese rhesus monkeys proved GW increased HDL (good cholesterol) and lowered VLDL (bad cholesterol). GW was originally intended to be created as a treatment for cholesterol problems, which it has shown to possess a high rate of efficacy in doing.

Uses and Abilities:
GW-501516 possesses many strong attribute and abilities but is known for two major strengths.

The endurance benefits that can be obtained with GW-501516 research are unmatched. There is a strong reason that it has been banned in many professional sport settings, most notably, the Olympics, NCAA and with professional cyclists. GW-501516 can drastically improve endurance over extended periods of time but expanding the VO2 max, allowing for continuous improvements in aerobic capacity. This allows for research subjects to reach potential that would otherwise be unattainable. GW allows one to overcome plateaus and reach peak level.

You've basically made your body a perfectly balanced machine. Your body sees no reason to drop another single pound and is happy with it's current homeostasis.

OR you're holding onto a ton of water weight.

In either case, it's time for a diet break. Look up some of lyle mcdonalds talks on diet breaks and stalls and the whoosh effect.

Oh and take a look at the fasting thread.

Any suggestions for what to do during a diet break? Just say fuck all and eat whatever or try to maintain it in some way?
Also, when starting dieting again, should I recalculate all my macros? i.e. start from scratch?

This doesn't seem very sustainable, nor does it seem practical?
However, if money wasn't a problem where could I start looking for it?

bump

it's quite cheap. Go for 2 months which will cost you under $200. Nothing insane. Look up GW-501516 or Cardarine online and you should be able to buy some.

I would combine it with going on a Protein-Sparing Moderated Fast (PSMF), 60 minutes moderate cardio per day and volume weight training (high reps, lighter weight).

Are there any negative side effects I should worry about?

if you have experience with stims, also run the ECA stack on a low dose (25mg Ephedrine) and start drinking 4 cups of green tea a day and the fat will come falling off. Also, the wim hof method of cold showering may also help boost metabolism.

Metabolic syndrome is a serious condition which medicine will not treat and will rather prescribe appetite suppressants, Very Low Calorie Diets and walking as an effective weight loss protocol when pretty much every fat person crashes and burns on that.

at high doses and for prolonged period of time (2+ years), there was evidence of tumour growth in rats. As with all medication, it's a cost benefit pay off. Since you only cycle for 2 months and use a moderate dose, I'd say the risk is minimised and is outweighed by the benefits of losing fat (which is known to be carcinogenic, in and of itself, and that metabolic syndrome reduces life expectancy by like 20 years and leads to diabetes, heart attacks and fatigue).

This is a decision you have to make for yourself and would advise you to do further research to weigh it up.

Thanks guys, I'm going to research it more and decide for myself.

Diet breaks- I have a huge fear of not returning to my diet and reverting to old habits if I try this. Although I'm basically just spinning my wheels right now, at least I'm not gaining any weight. Any advice?

bumping

You could try fasting for a few days and see if that tricks your body into losing weight again

Wouldnt that lower my tdee even more?

How and where do I start to get my hands on some?

found it
irc.bio/ref/31/

that looks super legit

OP have you considered trying a ketogenic diet? It sounds like you're already used to counting calories & macros. Keto worked quite well for me.

What kind of cardio are you doing? If you've been doing LISS, try HIIT and back it off to maybe 2-3 times per week. On the other days, do some weight training. Just pick a beginner routine like SS or GSLP or something and go for it.

100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Eat at maintenance and lift weights to get your metabolism active again

hand in your natty card

I have to admit, I'm not as much of a fatfuck as you are but counting your macros for a whole year takes some real dedication and I'm quite impressed.

Onions, OP. Onions

what about onions?

this. bulk for 5-10 lbs then cut again

do onions

>hand in your natty card

This. You need muscle mass to help boost your metablosim.

All I've been doing is cardio with no weight training. I haven't lifted since August.

You've hit a plateau.

Keep everything else the same, but change your workout routine. I highly recommend doing "Shortcut to Shred", it's what helped me break the 100kg plateau (225lbs) and now I'm 90kg.

Trust me. Don't take a break from the gym, you will literally go back to your old habits. Do Shortcut to Shred, shock your body, and get back onto the path of fitness.

Well theres your problem

Weight lifting is required to build muscle and fix your metabolism.

So lifting and eating maintenance should fix the plateau? The reason I stopped lifting is that I could never get a solid regimen... I literally don't know where to begin.

I bet youre eating back your workout calories, or at least some of them, arent you?

I've been tracking literally everything I eat. There's no point in me asking for help if I'm going to lie about it.

Do SS

Do keto + IF if you can handle it
Weight will fall off rather quickly if you keep your calories low
Or you could go to /fast/ and be completely enlightened, but don't do that unless you know you won't rebound after you get down to your goal weight.
>tfw started /fast/ a month ago
>tfw snake juiced from 260lbs to 220lbs in less than a month
>tfw switched to OMAD + keto and keep losing a .5lb to 1lb a day
>tfw not losing as much muscle as I thought
>tfw gonna be at goal weight just after new years

I thought SS was a meme?

Idiotic advice if OP's not lying about current intake.
Slightly increase cal intake (carbs) for 2-3 weeks until you're at a calculated maintenance level and lift harder. Drop the cardio sessions for now and focus on lifting. You might gain a few pounds of water weight, don't worry about it. You'll have more energy in the gym and actually improve your body instead of just destroying it. Once your lifts go up and you've found maintenance slowly drop calories (again, carbs) by 100 every 1-2 days until you're losing weight again. Go for the smallest deficit you can while still losing weight. Think longer term.
You fucked up by cutting cals too drastically and now your body has adapted to it's new intake level. Start over.

You're trying to build muscle not aesthetics, SS is the best program for that.

You didnt answer the question. Are you accounting for "burning 400 calories on the treadmill" and then eating 400 calories? Dumbass, you cant do that. You don't eat exercise calories back. You're supposed to calculate Tdee as sedentary and workouts are the gravy on top.

No, of course, I'm not doing that. I have never calculated burned cals from exercise. I use a pen and notepad and only add up what the nutrition label says.

The meme is ONLY doing starting strength. You're only supposed to do it for a few months to get a strong base then move onto something else

Make sure ur counting insidious things like butter used to grease a pan, creamer in your coffee. Using a food scale i assume? And weighing and measuring EVERYTHING? Cheat days? Are you doing cheat days AT ALL?

alcohol counts....

Hmm... anything you can think of that you're not being 100% honest about? Try to think hard on inconsistencies. 3 months is a long time to be stuck at 250.

(But good job proud of u btw. I started at 380 and its hard af to keep at it without slipping up)

Also, as far as i understand calories are more important to track than macros for weight loss. It sounds like you may not be keeping as close an eyebon your total cals. I would say forget about macros for a while and just be 200% focused on total calories. Worry about macros when ur a bodybuilder

1. I only use nonstick cooking spray, sometimes whipped butter; 5g fat/1tbs
2. I use 1/4th cup unsweetened almond milk for one cup of coffee
3. I use a food scale and weigh out every ounce of protein. I use measuring cups to measure carbs and tbs (usually) for fats
4. I rarely have cheat days, which I'm assuming is the reason for my fat loss stalling
5. I don't drink

I have no idea what it could be as far as inconsistencies. I have the same routine every day, with the excerpt of Sunday, and that is I'll sleep in an extra hour or two.

The only thing I can reduce this to is a metabolic slowdown (or whatever the fuck it's called).

And good job user. I actually started 5 years ago at 370 but I fell off a few years ago and here I am today.

The main problem is your legs must have a mad amount of muscle that's keeping your weight above normies. What you think is the last 1/2 of fat is actually the last 1/5 of fat, plus extra skin.

user, I don't believe you. You have slipped up on your dieting and started snacking and such. There is no way that you're consuming only 2,000 calories per day and working a physical job while dragging around 250lbs of weight and not dropping any in three months.

Stop making excuses for yourself and get back to what was working. Download a calorie counting app. Forget carbs unless you're going keto or maintaining minimums for muscle building.

You work at Walmart.. keep a case of waters in your car and set two alarms, one 30 mins before lunch and one an hour before dinner. Down a bottle of water. This should help keep your appetite down. Go to five smaller meals per day.

You can do it, user. Just be honest with yourself about what you're doing wrong if you want advice on what to do right.

Take as much of your calories in liquid form as you can. Try to cut back on solid food as much as possible