How much is too much?

How much is too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16608212
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3252489/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any is too much, desu. i did so much stupid shit this weekend

t. alcoholic

Anything. Exception is 1 glass red wine no more than every other day.

Spirits and high tannin reds are fine. Everything else is cancer.

when your dick stops working, you've gone too far. the perfect amount is just buzzed enough to talk to that girl, but not enough to disappoint her afterwards. if you're drinking, and you're not at a party, trying to fuck women, then I don't know what you're doing with your life.

>stay sober for one month
>eating right
>exercising
>working long shifts and weekends
>finally get a day off
>man a few beers and vidya sounds good i deserve it
>been drinking daily since

>not enjoying a nice whiskey after work
I pity you

If you're a man the health benefits of red wine is exaggerated.

"any" is not "too" much. Assuming you are drinking socially, let's say between 9PM-1AM:
>3-4 pints of beer
>2-3 glasses of spirits
>2-3 glasses of wine

This once a week on a Saturday night is normal.
This everyday alone at home is not normal.

What about 1 or two glasses at night to unwind, but only on Friday-sunday?

1-2 times a week, two bottles of wine

eat well and don't skip gym days, yes your bodyfat and recovery will suffer a little but you'll still be gaining muscle and strength over time. If you don't care about a bit more calories and water weight then it should be fine.

Who the fuck goes out and only drinks three beers lol.

Man I hate this idea that people need alcohol to "unwind". What do you need to unwind for you pussies. Live in a first world country with your nice ass life, but it's so hard you gotta unwind.

Maybe it's because I come from a family of alcoholics who think life owes them something, but it's some gay ass shit.

I don't like the taste. The only thing I like about alcohol is the feeling of being buzzed, and the cost isn't worth it. I rarely even get drunk at parties, just a little buzzed.

t. 22 yo college bro with tanktop and backwards hat at the shitty dive bar

I've nearly quit and when you drink less your tolerance goes down so you can enjoy 1-2 drinks and don't have any desire to go more than 6.

Alchohol saps gains and even if I stupify myself with 10+ normies are unbearable bores and a night with a starfish barslut isn't fulfilling beyond the dominance hormones your body releases.

t. virgin
I agree, a six pack is my pregame before going out.

Tannins are estrogenic compounds retard. Seriously anyone advicing red wine itt is a liberal shill or absolutely ignorant. It is by far the most estrogenic form of alcohol, no wonder why women and numales drink it.

On the other hand, hops have anti-estrogenic properties but also anti-androgenic. The least damageful form for hormones is vodka.

a uk pint is like 600 ml so its more like 6-8 beers.

women drink white wine virgin

Bumping. I'm having 2 beers here post workout. But I'm out tomorrow night and will be drinking heavy. I always go by the rule of if it doesn't reduce my ability to workout the day after it is okay.

>purposefully stupifying brain beyond minor inhibition loss
>desiring a hangover
>not driving with a legal BAC
One day you might be lucky enough to grow out of your inferior behavior.

Apparently until 0.5g per bodyweight of alcohol (inb4 I can't math and can't calculate how much grams of alcohol there is in my beverages), it doesn't affect muscle recovery; so if you drink under those 0.5g/kg-bw you should be fine.

However, as I'm doing keto I can't drink shit. Which is going to suck for this christmas.

Sorry youve only tried swill i guess.

You can drink spirits on keto m8

Seems like it, it also depends on what you mix them with.

Nice to know, but I still plan on not drinking.

>>not "too" much.
-4 pints of beer
Bro, where I live a pint is 600ml.

That's only 2 shots for a 150 lb male

For me it was little less than a liter of 5%vol beer.

And yes, it is low because it is supposed to be low. Alcohol is still poison and it will interfere with muscle recovery.

Chad eats and drinks whatever the fuck he wants and doesn't look to an autistic image board for advice on what substances he should put in his body. For me it's 1-2 pints once a week, any more and it feels like empty calories plus if the beer is not on special at the bar I frequent I just won't drink.

Conventional wisdom is 2 pints is okay, which for a 80kg male checks out. So I'd say he's right. However it's like a tiny linear progression until about 5 beers after which protein synthesis reduces exponentially.

i've seen a lot of information on the internet [can't be bothered to find the studies now] that it's beer and hops that are estrogenic but red wine doesn't

I don't think anyone thinks white wine is a healthy alternative since it generally is quite sugared

>How much is too much?
>drinking alcohol
>ever

Not going to make it

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

Well obviously mixing with juice or coke is a no go. Vodka lime soda is fine.

>been drinking daily since

lmao

straight vodkas all I ever drink :)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16608212

>Hops (Humulus lupulus) inhibits Oxidative Estrogen Metabolism and Estrogen-Induced Malignant Transformation in Human Mammary Epithelial cells
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3252489/

You're confounding what you heard broscientists say on internet vs actual studies.

Woaa. Sick dudeee. Here shotgun this Coors Light.

No man older than 25 year-old competes how much they can drink.

I'd be more worried about keto trashing his tolerance. when I did keto for awhile, 3-4 drinks would hit me like 6 or 7

It means they want to stop thinking and be on a different mental state that they're in at the current moment you dumbass.

my nigga

>150 lb
>Male

Pick one

I don't drink at all. Saves a lot of money.

Alcohol is poison and tears families apart. Also, abs.

Just don't drink it

You must be fun...

ok lol, fuck off with this "oh, you don't drink? wow, bet you're a *real hit* at parties!" mentality. tons of people choose not to drink, some because they don't like how it feels, some because they like how it feels way too much, some due to finances, some because they lack the ALDH2 enzyme, some for personal fitness/health purposes, some because they've learned the next morning that they actually AREN'T fun when they drink, they're obnoxious/rude/angry, some because they've seen family members fall victim to alcoholism, etc.

if you need to drink to have or be fun, the "yew must be fuuuunn" sarcasm is probably best directed toward yourself

>I don't like the taste

Maybe wine coolers are more your speed, fag

This

t. drunken scot

this

1 month 2 days of no drinking, have lost 4 pounds, have being more consistent on my training.

downside is, I have only had sex with my gf since. There is no easier sex than college party sex, problem is people get suspicious if you don'y drink .

Damn right. Don’t fall for the alcohol meme.

Reasoned.

>go to party
>quiet dude sits on the corner
>hand him a beer
>retard starts ranting how it is poison.

must have been a Veeky Forumsizen

It's one thing choosing not to drink. Going to parties you know there will be heavy drinking at, or going clubs pubs and bars, just brings the mood down. No one likes that guy who's not drinking.

Alcohol is the number 1 reason why chads are chads.

Which is the opposite of fun.

Right there with ya friend. Work 60+hr weeks to stay away from the stuff. Actually dreading having a couple days off for the holidays.

fair play if you actually go bar-hopping with your buddies and don't drink throughout the entirety of the night, that sounds shitty for all parties involved. there are other intoxicants besides alcohol to take at clubs and parties, though.

and frankly, people mostly don't give a shit as long as the person not drinking doesn't give a shit either, and doesn't get all pissy when everyone is getting drunk except them. being able to enjoy your sober self around a bunch of fucked up people is a learned skill, but it's not impossible.

>How much is too much?
Who gives a fuck. Half a glass of scotch every night is what the doctor ordered.

starfish barsluts man I hear you on that one

Touched a nerve there did I big fella?

I havn't had a drink in about 3 weeks. Last time was because of a wedding, but didn't drink for 5 months prior to that. I honestly don't like booze anymore. It never did me any good. Fuck that shit. I'll stick to smoking a bowl twice a week before bed.

Former alcoholic here. Ten years since ive drank, and i feel absolutely no desire to have one sip of liquor. It was a mask for my pain. I solved my issues and the need to drink evaporated.

It cost me my friends though. I met them im the pub, drank nothing but water and ate tuna, rice and spinach. They looked at me like i was insane. They had 6 pints of Carling then i left them. That was 2015. Facebook shows they're doing the same thing.

We're in our 30s.

Any at all is too much. Honestly just triggered by alcoholic mother.

>I met them im the pub, drank nothing but water and ate tuna, rice and spinach. They looked at me like i was insane. They had 6 pints of Carling

Tbqh i'd rather hang out with your mates

I used to drink at least a 12 pack a day. Never really had any problems with it, but I started a new job where I can get called into a refinery at any time. 0 tolerance on that and it pays too well to risk it.

I have a much easier time adjusting my weight how I want to and I have way more energy. desu after the first month I stopped missing it.

I consider myself mildly depressed. I don't understand how alcohol can numb the pain of depression. I binge drink pretty hard every weekend to get rowdy with the boys, but I don't understand why people turn to alcohol to handle their sadness. It's not an instinctual thing.

guess so, mainly because i used to think i needed alcohol to be fun at parties too. once you get past your college-age, binge drinking years, you'll realize how silly that mindset is