Skinnyfat

What do I do to cure this? Bulk, cut, or commit suicide?
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there are downsides to both
would you rather look skinny, weak and slightly muscular or strong and slightly chubby?
i'd bulk

Lift and eat enough protein, we're all gonna make it

I've struggled with this as well. For me, eating at a surplus and adding muscle is the better option. When I'm eating a deficit and lifting and not building any muscle or strength, I get discouraged even if I am losing fat. Depends on your goal though, I want to get big and muscular, not skinny and super aesthetic

Struggles with this myself. However I you eat smaller meals a day every 2-3 hours with around 25-50g of protein a day you’ll slowly put on more mass. It’s slow but steady
t. 120lb twink now 154lbs.

>tfw 120 lb 5'10 twink currently

Multiple small but high protein meals a day. Eat for the body you want. No cardio more lifting.

Always cut from skinnyfat. Be sure you're lifting.

First you bulk for 2 years and the cut all the excess fat with tears.

86kg-->78kg and counting

above 15% cut
bellow bulk
if at 15% choose any

bulk.

JUST EAT A BALANCED DIET AND GO TO THE GYM REGULARLY YOU STUPUD PIECE OF SHIT. THIS IS THE ANSWER TO 90 PERCENT OF THE FAGGOT QUESTIONS ON THID BOARD AT A GIVEN TIME.

so I just measured my body-fat% to be 25%. I'm 5'11" 190lbs. I really don't want to cut because I have almost no muscle, is it ok for me to keep bulking?

BULK

DO NOT CUT

I REPEAT

BULK

I WAS A SKINNYFAT DYEL, I CUT AND BECAME EVEN MORE OF A DYEL

BULK AND STOP WASTING YOUR BEGINNER GAINS

THANK ME LATER

25% is not skinnyfat, it's outright fat.

Still, bulk.

All three. In that order.

pic related is me

alright this has to be bait

no bait. I know I'm fat but with a shirt on I look really skinny and it bothers me

Your arms are already needle thin, they won't get thinner.

Just cut, you fatass.

yeah I know I want them to get bigger hence why I want to bulk

pwned

cut ffs

Personally I'd cut first, because I would rather be skinny than fat.

Dude seriously? Cut and lift.

you're just fat, there's nothing skinny there
cut first, then clean bulk

ok thanks guys. how heavy should I cut? my tdee is ~2600 so if I aim for 2000 calories is that good?

Don't listen to retards. I was skinnyfat.
I first bulked while lifting, felt like shit, looked like shit. Realised it's the wrong path. So I started cutting. Lift numbers went down but it didn't matter. I started feeling good and more importantly LOOKING good. For the first time in my life I had abs. Then I started slowly lean bulking ( 250 calories over maintanance ) and then visibly started seeing muscle growth.

If you start bulking from where you are now good luck on ever cutting down to a reasonable bf%.

I'm going to do a body recomp for a while for slow progress, then a legit cut
>Recomp:
>Eat caloric deficit and do cardio on rest days
>Eat surplus and lots of protein on gym days
>Slow progress of fat loss and muscle gain
Doesn't work forever, just get those beginner gains and then cut so you don't end up a skelly. Then you can lean bulk if you want more muscle mass.

no shit you looked good cutting after a bulk
thats literally what theyre telling him to do

So basically you haven't done shit yet? Then why the fuck are you giving out advice? Bad advice by the way.

fuck you guys

START BY CUTTING, YOU WILL LOOK AND FEEL MUCH BETTER

sICK SUGAR BELLY BRO

Honestly, I'll give not the most orthodox but arguiably most effective way:
Eat maintenance and follow Mind Over Muscle 5x5x5
> Select five basic exercises for your whole body. (Squat, deadlift, press, bench press, pull-ups.)
> Perform all of them five days a week, Monday through Friday.
> Start every workout with two or three singles to gauge what the work set weight should be.
> Do only one work set of five per exercise, leaving a couple of reps in the bank.
> Focus on staying tight, power breathing and the perfect groove.
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html

You can extend it further past 5 week since you're beginner. This will get you decent lifting number quickly while teaching you proper form. This program is an adaptation of Bulgarian protocol for beginner. It's well balanced upper/lower body, unlike SS and such.

Once you get to, say, 1/1.5/2/3 or even 1/2/3/4, hop on GVT 10x5 and harvest all those size gains while lean bulking.

bump

bump

this is really good advice

personally I'd alter the lifting to
>lift 3x /week with rest day inbetween, e.g. M/W/F
>find 10 rep max, use that as your regular working weight
>do 5x2 50% of your working weight (focusing on form and breathing)
>do 2 sets of however many reps you can do
>if you do 12 on each set add 10% more weight for that exercise next session
>do endurance work 2-3x/week on your non-lifting days

but with how tempting it is to do shitty reps to up the weight maybe keeping it light is a better idea.

warrior diet + keto
if you actually want to be serious that is

why would you even consider bulking? you'd just get very obese very fast with minimal muscle gain since you're so fucking fat already

You're underweight m8, fucking eat protein and LIFT!

>25-50g
25g is a protein deficiency for a 100 pound girl not trying to get stronger. 50 gis a good number for a 120 pound girl not lifting weights. 70g should be your minimum.

If you're actually skinnyfat, I recommend cutting down first, just for long enough to get below 15% bodyfat. After that though, just fucking eat and lift. I wasted my first year trying to be shredded when I should've just cut for a month or two, then started actually bulking.
Also, I tried lean bulking and only put on weight but not muscle. That was bullshit. About two months ago I just kind of realized "oh shit, I'm 6'2" and 160 pounds, I should just start fucking eating." I'm around 175 right now at 17% bodyfat, and I'm actually getting stronger for the first time.
Despite everything I said, you're not actually skinnyfat, you're just fat fat. Cut like you mean it then go Viking mode and eat and get strong.

I'm 6'2 at 143 pounds

Have you read the sticky?

Bump

Yeah same. I wasted 1 year bulking while skinny fat and constantly felt like shit plus as very unmotivated bc I couldn't see muscle gain because it was covered in fat. Always cut first.

Lift