Ffs im am so fed up with stalling on the press

ffs im am so fed up with stalling on the press

>mfw

Add lateral Raises and face Pulls, keep progressing on bench, analyze form as objectively as possible and reload by 10% while increasing calories by 10%

Then stop stalling on it? Fuck I hate people who just complain and criticize like you. Where do you get off????

Figure out at what portion of the lift you are stalling. Half way up ? Lockout ? Bottom ? Add assistance accordingly.

Not this. Do variations like paused press, push press, pin press etc. Or adjust volume or frequency. Only change one thing at a time to find what works.

>"how much do you bench, bro?"
>bench? Hahaha, I dont partake in such brutish activities, Chad. I only perform The Press™

microplates

Lat raises + bench + more kcal helped me, I'm not that guy.

>go to normie gym
>only press 1pl8
>unironically viewed as some sort of a demigod

try push pressing for a few weeks instead

EAT MORE

get a strong upper back (ie. do 50 reps of vertical pulls and 50 reps of horizontal pulls every session)
clench your glutes
do different variations like push pressing, db presses, z presses, pin presses

has anyone found overhead pin presses to help them get their OHP numbers up?

Change rep range. 7x3 helped me get my ohp up

How to raise bench press:

1)Do more warm up sets. Get that full ROM.
2)Immediately after doing your 3x5 bench(only rep range you should bench desu) do 3x12 dumbell bench press. Then the other day you lift do incline dumbell press, 3x12.
3)Behind the neck presses
4)Fix overall technique, stop flaring your elbows
5)Realise bench numbers are more related to overall bodyweight than the other 2 big lifts
6)Realise that if you can bench 100 kg x10 reps there is 0 reason to go higher

Do you do drop sets? The whole point of lifting is pushing your body further than it can go. If you're not pushing your body, you're not growing. Push heavy ass weight till you can't no more, drop the weight, and push that till you can't. Just because you can't push the heavy weight anymore doesn't mean there isn't anything left in the tank. As long as your diet is fine, you'll progress.

do more volume

Reps till failure are actually detrimental to strength i heard

>pressing only the bar
>shoulders already making bizarre crunching and popping noises
uhh guys

Microload and eat more.

>Thinking bench is the press
They don't actually let you in the gym, do they?

Behind the neck press helps with bench press

It's complete broscience and i have nothing to back it up but it's the truth

Dumbbells are your friend when stalled.

The only press I know is the pression.

pressing 1pl8 has been a far away dream for me
>tfw stalling at 90 lbs

>only
you realize that 1pl8 press is above 2pl8 bench for average gym normies? Most of the guys I see are benching 2pl8 for reps and doing 50 kg (yes, below 1pl8) on ohp. Benchbros all have 0.5 ratios on their strict press, it's funny.

>reload by 10%
I didnt know you had to reload barbells after use, have I been ruining my gains?

oh and as a side note, my strict press is just above 1.5pl8 for a single and 1pl8x11 and I've never seen anyone come close. There's a guy who's ~6'2" ~240 lean-ish with 19" arms and questionable natty status who doesn't go heavier than 1pl8 for 5-8

kek, close enough

>still doesn't get it

more vertical pressing volume. a lot more. forget the dinky dumbell raises and cable shit, just press more.
here's a week out of the program I ran a few months ago specifically to increase my OHP

squat 3x5
press 5x5
rack pulls 3x7

pin press 5x4
deadlift 3x5
incline bench 3x10

bench 3x5
squat 3x5
press 4x8

if you want to increase a lift just do that lift and its variations more, keep it simple

this is true. training to failure is suboptimal for long term strength development. the existing exercise science literature basically says there are better, more economical ways to induce fatigue through volume modulation than going balls to the wall every time you're in the gym, which is unsustainable
it's actually one of the cornerstones of boris shiekos programming. the workouts are high volume, no AMRAP, and most of your work is done in the 68-80% range
grinding out reps in the gym day after day is a great way to peak your press, not get it unstuck