I can bench 135 for 12 reps

i can bench 135 for 12 reps

am i strong yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Well I see dudes at the gym struggling to lift that or they're only doing the same amount of reps I am, and they're ripped.

Depends if you are including the bar in that weight. If you are then just give up because you will never make it.

they're probably just skinny but your dyel ass sees them with a pump and thinks they're shredded

Why would I give up. It's only been a little over a month, and I already see definition showing, as well as increases in strength. Why don't you release the negativity from your life?

135lbs for 12 reps is easy within about 1 year if you start completely DYEL.

I mean if you have good genetics and are cut then it might make you a good fucboi for teenagers. But genuinely strong and swole would be to manage 225 for 10-12.

Even 8reps x 3 would be good. Since a lot of guys that go to the gym cant even manage 2 pl8 for reps.

No they walk into the gym like that. Not shredded but they're not 'DYEL' either. Lifting weights isn't hard bro I hope you realize that one day.

It's only been a month for me and I had never been to a gym in my life. In a year I'm gonna be beast ik it

I love how the guy who just benched 135x12 for the first time is telling me that lifting weights isn't hard
And why did you say they were ripped if they actually aren't according to you?

Stay positive. But dont count on it.

Extrapolating linear progression is a rookie mistake. I expected 1/2/3/4 based on early numbers and then i fell off over time.

As long as you keep at it and dont injure yourself you are already ahead of the general population

>135 for 12 reps
>1 year
I don't believe it should take anybody nearly that long.

>not dyels
>can't bench 2pl8
pick one

Well I was tying to be facetious with that post. I don't really expect to be jacked in a year, but I do expect progress. Especially if I keep applying the 'progressive overload' principle to my work out.

It does. I've seen some dudes benched empty bar (or empty bar + microplates) for a month or two and then just gave up o lifting.

That's what I warm up with for 15 reps and I don't consider myself that strong

Are these people skeletons with 3% bodyfat and zero muscle?
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press

It's not great, but it's progress. Even if you're not the strongest person in this thread, we're all proud of you

>Lifting weights isn't hard bro
>Benches 135lbs

>But dont count on it.

lol

don't limit yourself, I hit 1 plate OHP last week and I should be good for a 2 plate bench next week, these are both at just 4 months. If you know form, know how to program and nutrition, there is no reason you need a whole year to reach 1/2/3/4

Holy shit that image

>skeletons
Yeah, their arms usually were just straight from a shoulder to a wrist. Auschwitz mode.

Okay? You're also probably sub 5'8 or some shit and have been lifting for years. What were you trying to prove?

Yes, I am.
I started with the bar (it was fucking hard) at 105lbs.
I'm now 132lbs but can only lift 115lbs for 2.

I don't do it even for warm-ups and I've been lifting for 3.5 months.

no but going and you'll be strong one day user :)

I'm 6'3. I'm trying to prove that you are not strong.

I started benching at 20 kg
I should just kys myself

no, hes saying that your 135x12 isnt impressive for someone lifting a year. most adult men can bench 135 the first time they walk into a gym. youre just fucking up somehow with bad training, bad diet, bad programming, etc, and thats why you're weak. Most guys who have been lifting for more than a year warmup with 135 on the bar, that's his point

OP says he's been lifting for a month and considers himself strong because other dyels struggle with 1pl8. You don't get strong in a month. He's probably a planet fitness member.

I never claimed that I went to the gym for a year. I've been working out for ONE month you idiot. Where did you get that from? And most men definitely can't bench that much fresh into the gym, only men with a genetic predisposition to strength (like me).

Just keep bulking and lifting, brah. Start point matters a hell of a lot less than the end point. Your low bf% means you'll get aesthetic a lot faster than I will, being a fatass.

>It's a new year
>gym is full of dyels occupying my equip with their 10kg microplates
Well, at least they don't do deadlift and squats

I OHP 135 for reps and i'm not strong. 135 bench is DYEL mode and can be achievable in the first month of lifting.

How strong you are when you start isn't at all a good indicator of how strong you can become

thats literally my ohp press rep max from last week and I don't consider myself strong

Don't break your arm jerking yourself off op

>5'7 135
>start benching at 65 3x5
>three months of lifting later
>150 3x5

Pretty much jumped to 110 in about 2-3 weeks, then increased by 5 every 2 more weeks.

Wow fag you've been lifting for years and think you're the shit. grow up

I literally said I don't think I'm strong. Is reading comprehension not your strong point?

/thread

>Don;t break your arm jerking off

grow up bruh

Ok

I barely get over 12 reps for 135lb but I have done 225lb for 1RM with good form. Whats wrong with me? Do my muscles just fatigue faster?

Have you been doing cardio? At least some?

Ummm.... no. But I'm not even close to being overweight so my cardio isn't really that bad. I don't feel exhausted when benching, it's just the muscles giving out.

I'm not a native so I'm afraid I can't say you correctly why doing cardio may help with that (lack of biological terms in my vocabulary), but I read about it in Arnold's book, consider reading it, really helpful.

Thanks, I will give it a read. Or at least look at some extracts.

No. Any grown adult male should be able to do this Day 1 at the gym.

Now, back when I was your age (ie still in high school) then 135 was literally my 1RM. But now that I'm an old fat guy, that's warmup weight for me.

yeah.

I'm at 1/1.75/3/3.5 for 5 reps at 4 months.

I hope to get a 4pl8 deadlift by year's end and bench should hit 2pl8 by end of january. Meaning I expect 1/2/3/4 to be achieved within 5 months of strength training.

>5 repping 140kg squat at 4 months

Ok pal.

I also 10rep 8pl8 (320KG, 705lb) on the leg press.

Your squat is bullshit unless you had some previous form of training or are roiding. I sure hope you are dropping your ass all the way down.

Pretty strong I've lifted since January and I bench 135 for 5 sets of 5

it's genetics and me being 100KG, 6'0" with favourable leverages.

all my mates who i've gotten into the gym and started training for the first time start at that weight

You are a fatty you fucking idiot. When you are ripped, your strength levels go down. If you are a fatass that brags about your big bench then i will immediately dismiss you. Eating a lot of food to get strong is not impressive at all. getting a big bench when you are lean is a whole other game.

>benches LMAOOOOOO1pl8x12
>lifting weights isn’t hard bro

Lol I lifted more than that in middle school you twink

>be Veeky Forums
>claim that no one cares what you're doing at the gym they only care about their own stuff
>claim that people won't insult you from where you start

>this entire thread is insulting people for their starting bench, LMAO WEAK FAGGOT KILL YOURSELF, etc

Really makes you think

lel, neck yourself dyel

No. I know dudes who could do that at 15. Dont expect to hit the numbers the e-staters in this thread are telling you they hit in 4 months. It is going to take you a couple years at least to be noticibly stronger than the majority of the lifting population.

Kek, I walked into the gym earlier this year and benched 2 plates.

> men with a genetic predisposition to strength (like me).

My sides are in space

that filename