Newbie help

Aight dudes, I'm 22 and tired of looking like I still have the body of a 13 year old. I want to mainly focus on my forearms and pecs, as you can see I have the wrists of a girl so a solid way to get those slightly bigger would be awesome. I've also got that cundishun where your chest bone sticks out a little bit, so getting bigger pecs to lessen the visual effect of that would probably be the way to go.

However if I'm going to be working out, I may as well do a full body workout so some exercises to work my upper arms, abs, back and legs. Maybe butt exercises too, I hear girls like butts.

My goal is just to be Veeky Forums for now, not big, but visual muscle would be ideal. I was also wondering if I should work out 5 days or 3 days a week to start off. I want to see results as quickly as possible, but of course going too hard into it might just be setting myself up for failure when at the end of the week I'm literally dying of sore muscles and then Monday rolls around. If I worked out 3 days a week, I could do body exercises at home on the in-between days. But again, I'm new to this so any input would be nice.

5'6 125lbs

pic related is current

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm gonna save you a lot of time right now and tell you you're not gonna make it.

Read the sticky, shithead

>5'6

might as well neck yourself tbqh

SS + GOMAD + sticky

Read the sticky, then leave this place and never come back.

eyeeeee mateeeey. Focus on strengthening your asshole because you are most definitely a butt pirate.

5'6 and 22..... cut along the vein, not across

>Baby’s first Veeky Forums post

>didn't read sticky
>5'6"

NGMI

this is true

Don't work out, eat more and LARP as a halfling at the local medieval market.

All good advice, OP

Do steroids and take 2 scoops of rich piana 5150. And take real food by Rich Piana.

you'd make a good trap desu

kill your parents, its their fault

>not big, but visual muscle would be ideal

oh, how many times i've heard this fucking bullshit. either commit or don't faggot. you'll realize that every time you get closer to your ideal bod, the goalpost moves further and further away, kind of like the mirage of water on a really hot day. so quit lying to yourself, get to the gym and start lifting

and like everyone said, quit being a lazy dork and read the sticky, literally everything you asked is answered there

Ok
Read the sticky, I was mainly looking for an answer to targeting forearms and how often most people start working out and have the most success with rather than falling back into laziness. As I said I already plan on doing a full body routine.

Sorry, I don't get any self worth out of something that I can't change.

I get that a lot, too bad I'm not gay.

Yeah I meant to throw in a (for now) but forgot. I just don't want to get to the point where I'm chugging muscle milk to keep up.

>Read the sticky, I was mainly looking for an answer to targeting forearms and how often most people start working out and have the most success with rather than falling back into laziness. As I said I already plan on doing a full body routine.
Wanna know how I know you're either lying or an illiterate retard? That's all answered in the sticky.

>I hear girls like butts.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY
SAGE

>I want to get bigger but not too big
>I want to go to college but don't want to accidently get a PhD
Yeah trust me won't get huge on accident. Just do a standard PPL split and do the 4 main exercises, overhead press, bench press, squats, deadlifts. Big forearms come with lifting heavy fucking weight. So lift big and have a caloric surplus.

>Yeah trust me won't get huge on accident.

That's what Ronnie Coleman thought when he worked out for two weeks in his early twenties, and look what happened to the poor guy. Now he needs a machine to poop.

I'll admit I skimmed through some of it, I already eat and drink pretty healthy and that's like half the sticky. Any specifics I can look at later when I'm choosing meals.

Unless I'm blind the sticky doesn't say anything specific about forearms. Maybe it does to you because you're familiar with which exercises would benefit forearms the most, but I don't know those kinds of things yet - which is why I asked.

The guides on the sticky do say 3 days a week, but it seems like a lot of people I've talked to go every day - is that really only a think when you're several months in that you want to go every day?

Like I said, I'm not looking to get to the point where I have to consciously control caloric intake. I know it was kind of a cliche thing to say but I just want to tailor my workout to my current goal.

>exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
There you go, user. Whatever lift for any muscle. I don't know why it's not in the sticky.

But if you just work on one or two muscles, your body will look worse than it already does.

Muscles take about 48 hours to recover, so full body 3x a week means your muscles are ready each workout. People that go everyday are only hitting certain muscles each day, and staggering to allow for the full 48 hour recovery.

Also, your wrists will never get bigger. If you put on mass, it won't be noticeable though. Do lots of compound lifts, with accessories taking up less of your time.

Appreciate the actual help, I'll check out that site.

Yeah I plan on working my entire body, but yeah that makes sense, a lot of the people I talk to IRL do upper and lower body on different days instead of 3x full body. Now that I think about it, I'd much rather knock out my entire body in 3 days than have to go every day.

That sucks desu, it mainly just makes wearing watches an absolute pain.

Do full body 3 times per week. Splits are unnecessary as a newbie. Honestly they are not necessary at all but some people prefer them.

Throw in some cardio on off days for heart health.

Eat 500 calories over your maintenance to gain weight.

>I want to see results as quickly as possible
No. There is no quick route. It will take you a long time to make it.

Really, don't come here for help. Veeky Forums is a cesspit full of false information and memes. Watch some high rated fitness Youtubers or read some fitness articles.

First of all: traps aren't gay u faget
Secondly: read the fucking sticky
3: you're going to need to learn to EAT MORE than you think you should (incl. At least 120g protein), muscle is made of excess food