Single leg deadlifts

Has anyone done single leg dumbbell deadlifts?
Were they effective?
Would you recommend?

Do weighted pistol squats

Has anyone tried the under leg double handed pistol grip deathdrop squatlift?

Bump

Kept falling over

just do Bulgarian split squats.

>No
>No
>No

I tried them. I had trouble keeping my balance as I used heavier weights. I wasn't able to feel much muscle activation with lighter weights. I guess they might be useful for ironing out muscle imbalances in your legs, if one hamstring is significantly stronger than the other. Or they could be useful for training balance. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend them.

Will fuck your knees up something fierce.

Has anyone tried squatting without the squat plug? Does it feel wrong?

Not very effective and they still agitated the discs in my spine.

I pulled my fucking hamstring

just deadlift

How? I've only gone up to 60kg currently but have had no problems yet.

If you are gonna do them do stiff leg single leg. It should look more like this at the bottom position.

Pistol squats should only be done by people who are pretty experienced at bodyweight stuff even if your squat is high enough that you can physically do them for this reason.

Do yoga and shit so you aren't a snapcity citizen when you do them

I trained with a guy who had a mangled spine and he could only do single leg deadlifts because of the way his legs where rotated. Dont have a clue why anyone else would do them though

Can you dl 700lbs and are looking for an accessory? No? Then keep deadlifting with a barbell you faggot.

This workout is only for faggots who are scared to grip and rip a barbell.

Imbecile

Tell me how im wrong instead of assigning names? You cant because youre a fucking idiot that cant back their position as to why this isnt a shit exercise. If you cant lift substantial weight with a barbell you have no business doing dumbass single legged db dl...

They are very useful for balance and proprioception. better with straight leg.

Helps to get better form for deadlift, because correct form makes keeping balance far easier

Obviously not a good primary exercise as the inherent instability will limit force production.

However, when using a contralateral weight (weight in opposite side of the leg being worked), it's a great frontal plane challenge that's going to work all those muscles that are horribly neglected when only doing the basic bilateral sagital plane lifts.
It's fancy speak for it'll bulletproof you. Try it out sometime and I'm sure your gluteus medius is going to hurt for days because it's not used to doing anything.

This exercise is great for knees, low back and even shoulders. But it's not a mass or max strength exercise.

>not doing the lying mixed grip snatch double legged and handed romanian Jefferson split jerk behind the back block pulls

did it once. hurt my back so bad i was afraid to step back in the gym for 2 weeks.