How do you deal with your anxiety?

I see a therapist but it's still debilitating

I lift

No social anxiety in my case just general anxiety

I do too, it doesn't help my anxiety much

rationalize yourself out of anxiety

or smoke some stanky bud o3o

zoloft

Female psychiatrists/therapists are useless. Know this.

By not having any. I just can't seem to get anxious about anything. The most I get is nervous excitement over not knowing if events will unfold the same way they do in my head.

Before you tell me how great you think it is, let me tell you, I suffer from a lack of motivation.

Therapy is an American scam. Don't rely on it as a dead set solution

Could use some answers here if someone has the time

I have prerrty bad anxiety right now, I'm getting some bad news tomorrow and have to answer for some sht. Think of it like me going to court tomorrow and I'm freaking out/worrying tonight

Exposure, and changing your life.
If you feel like something is deeply wrong, chances are it is, and you're not living your own life...
I have that shit bad too.
It only sunsides after fights or violence for a while. 98% of the time, it's eating me from within.

What's happening tomorrow?

I live in a foreign country. I'm too anxious to speak the language very well because I'm afraid I'll fuck up so if I ever absolutely need to do something complicated I wait until I have no other choice, mumble through it, realize it wasn't that bad, resolve not to super out next time, and then begin the process again.

But this isn't Veeky Forums related, really.

Take the worst case scenario for tomorrow, and apply radical acceptance to it.
I psychologically prepared myself for jail when I went to court, even though it was an unlikely outcome. They let me off. I even had contacts in my pocket ready to go.

I'm either getting my ass handed to me and a slap across the face or just my ego will be bruised, I can't talk much about what will happen

Truth is I will still be alive, but what I have to go through is kind of painful and my anxiety is fucking me up tonight

I should be sleeping right now!!!

I have to pay for this shit though, they're 100% correct if I get slapped tomorrow, I did make a mistake but don't want this to hurt me too badly

I feel like the damage is already done, not looking for sympathy from a Chinese alien race forum but could use some words to just stay calm or somethin

Prepare mentally for the worst and accept it.
You get to keep your brain and limbs. Should be enough for you to continue life.

Did you grab the mafia boss's daughter's ass and get caught?

>what I have to go through is kind of painful and my anxiety is fucking me up tonight
>a slap across the face

You're a fucking faggot.

M E D I T A T I O N

Is taking xanex or valium a last resort or what?

I've been on 4 different anxiety shit and I still get these attacks, tight chestedness and fear of death.

This shit is ruining me. I used to think of myself as a fortress and after visiting the ER for what I thought was an allergic reaction, only to be told it was a panic attack, shook me. I'm weak. How did I fucking end up like this?

All this time I've been stressing too much. How many days have I shaved off of my life because of it? Should I be taking stress complex? Should I be on meds or do they merely treat the symptoms so I should come off? Is it because I grew up being worked like a horse when my mother came home from work? Does that make me a little bitch if I blame my mother?

The only time my mind hasn't been racing through a series of forks in the road was when I was given valium at the ER. And god damn, I cried because I had never been so fucking at ease. My long lost appetite came back so my buddy drove me to carls jr and I ate a burger in the parking lot and it's sadly one of my more fonder memories.

Xanax and valium are habit forming

The best treatment honestly is therapy while using xanax/valium in emergencies

Drop coffee and all forms of caffeine
Helped my anxiety immensely
Also cognitive behavioral therapy
Also breathing slowly (30 seconds breathing out), it works on the vagus nerve and activates parasympathetic system.

What do you think is causing it op?
I had social anxiety because I didn't have much going for me and was always worried someone was going to ask me that one question that was going to show how pathetic and lonely I really was
Now I have a job and hobbies and do so much with my time that small talking and telling stories and getting to know people is no problem because people are interested in what I do

>habit forming
You know what else is habit forming?
SSRIs. I skip a single day and it feels like I'm dying, meanwhile when the meds are "working" I feel emotionally numb and distant from reality.

I have things I want to do, but it's these same things I want to do that put immemse pressure on me. If I'm not studying, programming or earning money, it feels like I shouldn't be doing it so I can't relax and play videogames on a friday night. I don't get to have a beer at the bar or go to the movies without feeling guilty for not doing things that progress my life in some way.

I can't even go to my parent's house without getting sick cause my immune system shuts down from the stress of my mother telling me all of the things she wants me to do when I visit like fix the toilet, dry wall, clean out the garage. I want to become rich just so I can get her and my dad out of the piece of shit they live in and into a nice house so I don't have to come home and get handed a list of shit that needs fixing.

it's maddening. Death seems like bliss. I love to sleep because reality fades away and I can just not exist for a while. I just want relief from all of this shackling stress. My heart feels like it's giving out but I don't think I'd mind death, unless there was an afterlife. Then I'd just feel guilty for not having done the things for the people that I wanted to do and then heaven would become hell

I want off this fucking shitty ride

Anxiety = Fear

If you dive into your fears or anything you resist and treat them like an exciting game, then you get over this shit quickly.

Life is just a game. You have nothing to lose.

In my case meditation only causes more anxiety.

Thanks man. I think there is some truth to this. I’m going to think about it a while...

roids, my man

saving all bad symptoms of psyches, thank you for contributing to my project user. im sorry evil people put you on a chemical lobotomy. i hope you wean off some day. they almost ruined me too w/trazodone and quetapine

Scientologist detected

I used to fall victim to it before I smoked weed all the time for 2 years and gained mastery over it.

Minimize your caffeine intake, eliminate it if possible

What's the worst that can happen, people will judge you no matter what you do. Most people don't pay attention or care at all, so why worry?

>evil people put you on a chemical lobotomy

They didn't do it. I just didn't see what other choice there was.

I don't mind you using my shitposts for whatever the fuck you want, but I'm not the kind of person to point my finger in general directions at vague things like "it's the patriarchy's fault". I chose to be on meds. The pharma industry has not oppressed me in any manner and I have not been tricked into taking these meds. Whether the pharma industry does or does not do these things to other people isn't relevant to my case.

I've been off and on meds ever since my first year of college. I know how they work, I am aware of the side effects. My situation ain't great, but the last thing I need is someone reminding me through their pity how shitty it is.

I may have anxiety, but I'm not a fucking victim. That would imply that something or someone overpowered me and took advantage of my weakness. But I can tell you with unrequited confidence that the day I ever call myself such a weak word will never come. I don't have the luxury of it for I am already at a disadvantage.

I'm a an anxious aggot, but I ain't a pussy.

huh...

I just abuse benzos, coke and alcohol

This is why I'll never take SSRIs

Bad anxiety, minoresque depression. I feel like I could use anti-anxiety meds on particularly bad days where my heart is racing to the point I get chest pains but worried as fuck I'll go to the doc and either get SSRIs or they'll think I'm a druggie that wants "the good stuff"

Try eating a healthy diet, cutting out all stimulants, sugar, caffeine, etc, getting some sunlight and unplugging from media and the net for a week or so.
Get out in the woods and chill there.

What I did to overcome my anxiety was not to care about anything, what I told to myself was "you're not going to die so stop being a bitch about it", and that's all, it wasn't magical, I had to maintain this mindset for like 2 1/2 months and endure everything like the panic attacks. Whenever I had a panic attack I just had to sit and breath to stop it and always worked.
Now anxiety is not a problem anymore, in fact it taught me how to manage my stress, now I can say "fuck it" if something is stressing me out.

Sorry if my english was bad.

Reminder that freud never cured anybody and saw psychoanalysis as a money making scheme

Start a journal to find out when and why your anxiety is worse or better. In my case it has a lot to do with quality of sleep, diet, caffeine intake (also alcohol makes it a lot worse). Also going out of your comfort zone on purpose is obviously going to help, but the most difficult thing to change. Most of the time exposure therapy is the way to go, but you have to make these changes slow and steady. I developed severe social and general anxiety a few years ago and suffered badly from it, still get episodes but I'm a lot better now. Also the same advice you see in the depression threads also helps with anxiety. Feeling good about yourself is the best medicine.

i inject testosterone

When I get panic attacks I start sweating so much from my head, it's dripping down no matter how much I try to wipe it off. For me that is the worst part, because even if I control my breathing and get the panic under control the sweating will make me so uncomfortable I just want to run away and be alone. Obviously it always happens when I'm sitting in the bus or train with lots of people around..

ok

By not fighting it and accepting yourself for having flaws and emotions like every other human bean

My phone deleted my post but here are the cliff notes:
>I recently came back from a sustained 2.0 grade point drop (roughly 4.0 to 2.0 and back over 2 years) due to diagnosed anxiety
>Some things that help me manage:
>1. Become mindful of how anxiety feels and how it is debilitating. It's the difference between inability to focus vs a blind panic, because you recognize and understand what's going on. It took me a couple years to figure this out, but for me it's the number 1 thing.
>1.5 I'm trying meditation, and I think it's accelerated the whole mindfulness thing
>2. Therapy is worth trying for several non-obvious reasons that are tough to describe accurately, so just try it. They're not perfect but it's their profession.
>3. Don't take shitty advice for what is a well defined medical problem. The average Veeky Forumsposter is a 18 year old virgin (10% ashamed homosexual) "lifter" that benches 185lb. Thinking psychology is an unreliable feild while also following stocism as interpreted by inept fucking losers is a wildly bad desicion. Not taking mental problems seriously is at best impractical.

Good luck everybody

I should also say:
>Its taken me almost 3 years to fix my shit.
>I was doing a STEM degree at a top 30 school for my feild. Not crazy, but better than 90% of people on this board.

>was not to care about anything

I wish it was that easy, the breathing thing does help in my case however I can be sitting at work or whatever and people start talking to me about some minor thing as if it is a big deal (maybe they don't approach the conversation but it feels to me like this) and I get anxious and specially in the last months I just get a panic attack.

I usually meditate in the bathroom but the thing is, I've calmed down, I sit down again to work and someone else starts talking and it happens all over again. Fuck even my boss spoke to me about it cause he's worried cause it is making me antsy and angry.

I was doing so well through out the year and now during Christmas all this shit comes crashing down again. I am actually prepping myself to visit the doc for an appointment cause this shit is fucking me up.

I'm going in about an hour, will know in one hour what my fate is and what happens as of today

>May the lord protect and guide me
>I need it today '

I'M A FREE MAN!!!!!

They said the past is in the past and move forward!!!

I'm free senpai, many people had my back on this one

I'm truly blessed

literally what was going on you frog man?

I can't discuss this at all, I knew since yesterday what happened and they wanted to see me TODAY for this shit

Now the truth is I had many people stand up for me and everyone did realize I was not at fault at all and actually they had my back, I just thanked the guys who helped me on this

Like I said, I'm truly blessed because this could have fucked me up BADLY

What a way to end the year,

Thanks for reading guys, the stuff I deal with is beyond explanation on a Chinese data mining forum