/fat/ - John McClane the Pain Away

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Join the /fat discord
discord.gg/VkBqy5p

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nKesDG-KIxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for comfy countryside cardio

2nd for comfy countryside cardio. Bike or run user?

Just walking home from work
It's a good 5 mile hike but I enjoy it.
North Yorkshire is great, fields and public footpaths as far as the eye can see

Aye, yorkshire is beautiful. I was up there a few years ago for lambing and the scenery was amazing. Miss being up north!

You should try some trail running, it's great fun.

Confess

Fuck you. Asking people to confess implies absolution, which both makes people initially feel worse about screwing up and helps them feel like confession gets them off the hook once they do it.

Its bullshit. People should acknowledge failure, own it, and get back to fucking work.

>Make the best gains I've made all year right before Christmas

Fucking monkey paw I swear to God.

I want to live in the country and be able to just walk through areas like this. I live in the 'burbs now and it's much better than living like a fucking rat in the city, but I'm quite nostalgic for a rural life.

Is Yorkshire a good place to live, overall? I've been to Britain a few times and always enjoyed the more out-of-the-way places much more than London (other than the museums).

>tfw I'm getting sexually attracted to myself

Is this normal.

I've been exercising and eating right, I'm losing weight but I still have my gut. Does this go away with more weight loss?

I have the same feeling too, i always touch my butt right before I jerk of

What the fuck do you think?

It's going to take longer than you want. It will almost certainly require a lower weight than you planned.

No thanks, Christ is my confessor.

I'll admit to basically saying screw it to my diet over Christmas, and have stalled at 15st/210lb. It seemed pointless as the weight has dropped off so far and I might as well eat what I like, while practicing portion control, until boxing day.

I'll recommit and lose that last few stone of weight, and then start working on building the muscle. I can bench 110lb and squat 170lb now, no idea if that's any good progress after lifting for about a month and half, but on the diet I just don't seem to have as much energy or strength as I do off it.

I liked yorkshire when I was there, but the issue is- so does the rest of the world. I've heard house prices are through the absolute roof. Prefer Scotland myself, but I'm bias as I lived there for a good decade and plan to go back once Uni's over.

Also depends if you can find work in rural areas. We live in the suburbs right now (midlands), and we've still got stuff like pick related on our doorstep. Depends if you're after walks with a view, or real rural life of bad internet, little village with one pub/chemist/post office etc.

Sounds like a solid plan user if you can stick to it and get back on track come boxing day.

I'm also in the camp of having this weekend 'off'. Cut back massively this week and have upped the exercise in prep for the weekend.

>tfw so hungry I am actually looking forward tothe 2 pounds of plain chicken breast I eat everyday

who here 1k calories and 6 days/week workouts? also you guys think I'll lose muscle doing this keeping in mind I am also on 200mg test c/week?

>Use TDEE calculator
>There's a 700 calorie difference between the estimates of the sailrabbit site and fitnessfrog site
What the fuck

Are 1000-1200 calories good for me?
>female
>152 cm
>55 kilo

I want to be 45 kilo, I used to be 62 kilos

I'm on a 3rd week of eatin 60/20/20 proton/fat/carb, with 220 proton goal on 1600 calorie budgedt, and 5 day of exercises. Results are amazing, but my joints hurt for some reason. I almost got that lean look, but still have gut hanging out a bit.

I still eat chocolate and junk food and I still lose weight, I do not drink soft drinks.
So my fellow fatties,you can enjoy your cake or hamburger, but don't eat crazy !

SW 330
CW 240
GW 180
5'8 manlet

I've been having 1300 this past week and that was my old calorie range, but when I look in to that kind of deficit online I just see people freaking out online and saying you should have like 1800 or something. Should I bump mine up to at least like 1400 calories a day?

If you can maintain 1300 I'd keep at it. Just take a multivitamin.

If you feeling well, it can stay
Also for me is 5'8" sexy
I hate this meme manlet wtf

No bro, I like masturbate to my own reflection, it's fucking weird.

BTW why no one ever talks about how getting fit improves your sexual abilities? I pretty much can cum at will, little use for me I fuck hookers anyway, but m8 be useful for normie folks here as an additional motivation.

i ate bread with butter. not margarine,actual butter.

180 is too high a goal, that's what I am and I'm still fat as fuck. 150 is a much better goal, hopefully by then all of the big fat deposits will be gone.

I've been contemplating 180 and 150 back and forth through this entire process, I'm going to just hit 180 first and see and if I still don't like it will go to 150

Sounds American psycho tier... like, you can know you're a sexy beast but that's some erotic target location error. This is sort of how trannies are formed, no?

Trannies hate themselves. This is narcissism at its finest.

>tfw awfully sick
>can't work out
>also can't eat anything because it all tastes like trash
I've had 720 calories since Monday

I havent excercised in 2 weeks ,i feel physically weak again. I have gained 2kg and started eating candy and pastries again .LORD SAVE ME

Get back on the horse. Start as soon as you read this.

I'm 6'8, 400 lbs and 19 yrs old, will I have a lot of loose skin if I lose weight down to ~275 pounds?

Post pictures. Depends on your genetics how elastic is your skin, some people have it some don't.

how do you bros handle christmas

You were not fat to begin with, qt though, not gonna lie. Also that's the worst advice ever.

> six foot fucking eight

are you.. is this.. what.. that's kinda, whoa. I don't think i've ever met anyone that tall in my life!

Going to the gym for 3 weeks now.

I see literally no change.

If I can't see the progress by February I'm quitting and commit sudoku

Seriously though, could you post a pic? I can't even imagine, do you hit your head when walking through doorways and stuff?

what are your stats? Took a shitton of time for me to see changes, gave up several times and now i wish i hadn't

About 1.83m
84.7kg
21.3% fat mass
62.4kg muscle

I'm on mobile so I can't search for lbs right now

bruh you're gonna see progress definatly, just don't eat shitty food, that will halt your progress like foreeever.

Im about 80kg with 21.1% bf, i used to be over 100kg. Took ages to see my belly start to shrink but fuck am i glad i didn't give up.

You're gonna make it user.

Of course you won't see very much change after just 3 weeks. Even with a 1000 calorie deficit you would have only lost 6 pounds of fat. Losing weight is a slow process that requires dedication and commitment. Here is some guy's progress pics to show how little he changed for the first few months

>chubby mode
>alien mode
>i just got off the bus from auschwitz

i respect the effort, but jesus christ

I'm curious, where do people think he should have stopped the cut train? I'm torn between 180-170, but I also know my opinions likely warped.

He was fine at 152 since he no longer had a stomach pudge at that point. He's just very genetically unlucky with how unevenly his body stores fat.

I'm sorry about your hips

Your body is so shitty holy fuck. You have sub-human genetics. I'm disgusted by your physique. You're a fucking error. Look at those fucking hips.

Oh god, you just fucked my day

I just realized my hips are kinda wide too, anything you can do about that? It's pretty much an hero or reconstructive surgery, isn't it?

You're all literally one extended fast away from not being fat ..

>all these /fat/asses fast until they're skinny
>none of them have any muscle after they get skinny
>never learn good eating habits so they immediately balloon up again
Fasting is the most meme diet out there.

>that feel after a good jog

No
People will binge !
My friend was on a diet, where chocolate and junk food was forbidden, she binged.
Now I help her and she already lost 5 kilos

Your friends are weak. Haven't binged or ate anything "tasty" in a month, seeing great progress only keeps me motivated, I don't even want french fries and candy, it's like not a thing in my life no more, it's what fat people eat, I'm not fat.

Ok bros home for the holidays. So far so good, limited the gorging and binging so far. Limited sugar and carb intake. But it’s just day two. Pray for me bros. Don’t let the food win

is it just me or does the thought and reminder that you're on a diet make it harder to diet? I need to do this long enough that it becomes habitual.

Couldn't have said it better myself

>in homebargains
>Notice a pricing error
>Crunchies are only 10p
>Buy [spoiler]50[/spoiler] of them

Hold me guys

>implying a fasting focused LIFESTYLE isn't optimal

keep coping fatso

Crunchies aren’t even that good, it’s not like it was Lindt. But perhaps hand a good hunk of them into a homeless centre or a food bank- it’ll feed the needy, make you feel better and won’t completely wreck your diet.

I have the same problem, they become less noticeable if you build upper body muscle.

>My friend was on a diet, where chocolate and junk food was forbidden, she binged.

There's a thing called moderation you know

I'm on my 2nd try losing weight, first time lost weight on junk food. Lost 200lbs and gained it back. Down 100lbs now eating nothing but ramen.

I literally have no idea what to eat, I want to lose weight on real food now. idc I'll eat the same shit every day I just don't know what? apples and carrots or what?

You are the reason diet books are made. Why be so clueless about eating green vegetables and lean meats? By the way those ramen packets are filled with salt. You're probably carrying around huge amounts of water weight because of it.

Over christmas weekend my family is coming into town and Ill be smoking a ton of weed and making a bunch of cookies for neighbors and family

It will not be pretty father

Cut out all shit like fast food and chocolate and biscuits and anything like that which is just total junk and packed with calories. After a while you won't care about them anyway because once you have gone long enough without them they actually start to taste awful rather than being enjoyable.

Then just eat normal foods like soup and toss in fasting or one meal a day to keep the loss going

>Finally under 190

6'2 former fatty here. It feels good. Next stop, 175lbs then a dedicated BB routine to get thicc.

thank you, I grew up never eating home made meals, not trying to blame anyone else for it, I'm just retarded and don't know nutrition.
I cut out the fast food and most junk (besides shitty ramen), I literally eat 3 ramen cups a day and that's it, but wanting to switch now as I realize I probably won't be able to keep the weight off if I continue like this. I usually eat every day around 8-10pm and I started running again, it's tiring but it's a good feeling. Just trying to figure out a new meal I can eat at night that isn't trash

Broccoli, salad greens like spinach and lettuce, tomatoes, Jalapenos if you like spicy, cauliflower, cucumber, lunch meat, chicken tenderloin, and chicken breast, These are your new best friends. Now get a chopping knife and a cutting board. Learn to cut raw veggies. Now that you're okay with that it's time to learn how to cook your own home made meals. Get a crock pot. They're worth their weight in gold and you don't have to spend a lot to get one. Chop up veggies and meat next to the crockpot while you make yourself a lettuce turkey wrap for lunch. Put them in the crock pot on low and just leave it on until dinner time. Home cooked meal. Buy spices and experiment with the kinds you like until you get flavor profiles in your meal you want. You just made your own recipe for a home cooked meal. That should start you off.

>work tomorrow is having a buffet since it's most peoples last day of work before Christmas
>family also coming over tomorrow night and we always have take away the first day they get here
I'm going to be having a single plate/serving at the buffet and then a meal from the take away. Will not be healthy, though I don't think that much would be over my TDEE anyway.

New update of this when

i love getting ill

I've started not washing my hands ever and using the public toilet all the junkies use in the gypsy's fish market in my city. I'm ill 24/7 now, started randomly vomiting in the street

>not eating
>vomiting up all those evil calories
>days off work to sit around wanking and watching tv

I'm losing loads of weight

>3 cups of ramen a day and that's it
you gonna die user, that's way too much sodium and vitamin deficient. bruh just buy packets of frozen veggies and get a bottle of stir fry sauce. cut up chicken breast and cook it all in a pan with a bit of olive oil. put this on rice, done

Everything is going perfectly in my life I just can’t stop eating

>it's what fat people eat, I'm not fat
That mentality is exactly why you've succeeded in life and will continue to. Great job, user. I hope I can learn from you.
I'm not even fat. It's just a great attitude to have.

You can make mean stirfry brown sauce by mixing soy, seasame oil, bit of sugar and spices and some corn starch in water. Awesome with thin beef steak and broccoli.

We gon make it!!! youtu.be/nKesDG-KIxA

OMAD+keto at 1300kcal a day going strong.

i only confess that i will make it.

Not him, but okay, I'm weak.
I concede this with wholehearted sincerity.
Now what.

Now nothing, that's what.

If you really are so weak you can't even put down the fork, then there's your answer. You don't put down the fork.

So I'm excused then?

What? Dude don’t go to 175, stay where you are and gain muscle. I’m still skinny at 6’2 185.

What? No, of course you're not excused, what kind of retarded question is that? Mental weakness is still your fault.

There's this ridiculous myth that you can't be morally responsible for anything that isn't a choice you make. It's the same toxic liberal idea that underlies, for example, mental disability rights.

The truth about ethics is a lot less contrived. The fault of a person is no different from a fault in a diamond. Yes, if you choose to do something bad, that's your fault. But all of your bad qualities that are just part of who you are, are also your "fault." Because they're faults. In you. If a bicycle pump bursts open under normally expected pressure of use, it's a bad bicycle pump. If a person can't stop eating even if it wants to, then it's a bad person.

>Had probably 1/3 as many chips as usual

question time
>I want to lose fat with weights
>id prefer to lose fat than make gains
>how often do i weight train to lose fat
everyday? or switch cardio and weights?

>37 out of 100 lbs lost and going strong
>still zero physical change
when’s it gonna happen bros

people can probably already notice, and youve probably gone down at least 1 size.
trust, people can definitely tell a 15kg difference

Only family said anything, probably to make me feel good. I have gone down a size, but I don’t exactly look good in it yet.

Thanks though, user.

Weight will burn calories and help you gain muscle. You need rest days to gain muscle though. Lifting three times a week and doing cardio on your off days is an efficient recipe.

You're shrinking your body so your proportions will stay the same until you reach a point where you lean mass overtakes your fatty fatty two by four proportions. You're already looking better. You just don't realize it.

thank you senpai
keep it up man, youll barely recognise yourself before you know it. dont forget, you see yourself every day.

Explain this. Is this a good starting strategy

OMAD is one meal a day. Fasting is probably water fasting which means no food; only salt, vitamins, and water for the entire day. Keto means eating enough fats and proteins to a point where you put your body at a carbohydrate deficit. It's supposed to be satiating even while at a deficit. Personally I'm making better progress eating eight hours a day with two meals and a snack usually not but if I want one I eat it in those eight hours as long as I'm at my goal calories per day. It works fine for me with less effort.

My keto meal is not going the way I planned. I want to put her out to pasture.

Keto is technically eating so little carbs that they are no longer stored and your liver starts producing different chemicals for the sake of using fat as an immediate energy source. Eating a lot of fat doesn’t matter as much as eating very few carbs.

Tomato tomato. The important thing is eating enough not to get hungry and keeping you carbs below 40 grams.

Will Jonah finally make it this time or is he gonna pile on 60lb when he gets another comedy role?

Next time have no chips

Doesn't matter, he's so abused his body, that he will always look like the fat guy that lost a lot of weight. He will look in the mirror everyday and realize that being fit isn't just a number on a scale, but a lifestyle choice... one that he will never want to make permanently. He will feel oddly depressed and forever see himself as a fatty, no matter his actual mass.

He also is a millionaire with access to personal chefs, nutritionists, and almost infinite gym time and resources.