Soy in Korean Food

All memes aside but does eating Soy really harm a man's testosterone?

I'm ethnically Dominican, 26 and had always been in a decent athletic shape despite not being in the gym 3 times a week thanks to genetics I guess. I moved to Korea 2 years ago and over time I've become flabby, weaker and low energy in the gym(and when it comes to sex).

It just hit me that Soy is basically in everything that the people here eat(mainly in the form of sauce or seasoning). It's impossible to eat food in Korean that isn't marinated in Soybean paste or something. Even the snacks are soy. People here prefer soymilk over real milk too.

All the men in Korean are either skinny and weak or are fat despite all of the men having to do 2 hard years in the military. There's also gyms literally everywhere in this country. There's 1 gym for every 2 corner stores in Seoul but every Korean is simply unathletic looking.

The only Koreans who look "fit" are the Korean Americans, Athletes who probably legit train 2 hours a day and Bodybuilders who are obviously on gear.

am I just paranoid or have I really fucked myself consuming Korean prepared food?

>pic related some Korean bodybuilder

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224:
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/3/179:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595:
foodnavigator.com/Article/2009/06/30/Review-finds-no-effect-of-soy-on-testosterone
data.nal.usda.gov/system/files/Isoflav_R2-1.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>I'm ethnically mutt
>Gives himself the right to judge a homogenous nation that is superior to his by every metric

Maybe instead of judging them, you should emulate them.

koreans are faggots

All Asian men are fucking soy boy manlets.
t. Live in Singapore for school

These are the studies I have come across on this subject that are of the highest quality:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224:

>"MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S):
Fifteen placebo-controlled treatment groups with baseline and ending measures were analyzed. In addition, 32 reports involving 36 treatment groups were assessed in simpler models to ascertain the results.
RESULT(S):
No significant effects of soy protein or isoflavone intake on T, SHBG, free T, or FAI were detected regardless of statistical model.
CONCLUSION(S):
The results of this meta-analysis suggest that neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable T concentrations in men."

cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/3/179:

>"There was a significant difference between the two groups in terms of changes in serum estrone concentrations, which tended to decrease in the soy-supplemented group and increase in the control group over time. None of the other hormones measured (estradiol, total and free-testosterone, or sex hormone-binding globulin) showed any statistical difference between the two groups in terms of patterns of change."

CONT.

soy might be related, but i honestly think it's a cultural/genetic thing
put a korean in an american lifting community & there will still be some black guy who doesn't even lift benching 2 plates while the korean will be progressing towards a plate
all it means for you, OP, is that you just gotta be considerate of your diet & lifestyle & live accordingly

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776:

>"Healthy volunteers took a supplement containing 40 mg of isoflavones daily for 2 months and donated blood and semen samples monthly for 2 months before and 4 months after supplementation. Semen samples were analysed for ejaculate volume, sperm concentration, total sperm count, motility and morphology. Blood samples were analysed for sex hormone and gonadotrophin levels and phytoestrogen concentrations, and testicular volume was measured using an orchidometer. The phytoestrogen supplement increased plasma genistein and daidzein concentrations to approx. 1 microM and 0.5 microM respectively; yet, there was no observable effect on endocrine measurements, testicular volume or semen parameters over the study period. This is the first study to examine the effects of a phytoestrogen supplement on reproductive health in males. We conclude that the phytoestrogen dose consumed had no effect on semen quality."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595:

>"Only three intervention studies reported hormonal effects of soy isoflavones in men. These recent studies in men consuming soyfoods or supplements containing 40--70 mg/d of soy isoflavones showed few effects on plasma hormones or semen quality. These data do not support concerns about effects on reproductive hormones and semen quality."

This article explains the first review quite well and puts forward criticism to the poor quality of studies showing effect: foodnavigator.com/Article/2009/06/30/Review-finds-no-effect-of-soy-on-testosterone

100g of tofu for example has between ~9-30mg isoflavones, this amount has never been shown to have any effect and as we see in the third study no effect was observed at a daily 40mg isoflavone consumption for 2 months.

Soymilk only has between 0.7-10mg/100g so no worries there either.

Here you can see isoflavone content of different foods: data.nal.usda.gov/system/files/Isoflav_R2-1.pdf

I've been here for years and am in the best shape of my life. Quit making excuses and man the fuck up.

err, aren't they eating FERMENTED soy? Does your shitskin brain even work? lol

Why does every single poster who links these studies link the same exact 3 ones, in the same order, with the same "introduction" before linking them and the same "ending" of the post. GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD YOU FAGGOT SHILLS.
Advantages of eating soy:
None
Disadvantages of eating soy:
High chance it might cause high estrogen

There is no reason to eat soy. Mods please ban the fucking shills now. All the pro-soy posts are identical and obviously made by the same guy or just copy and pasted between a team of shills.

I want /pol/ to leave.

This desu.
Nowadays even if you're vegan and you need 500g of protein a day you can simply buy cheap rice protein powder and blend it into fucking kale soup.
There really is no reason to risk your hormonal balance by eating soy. In SOME people at least it has been shown to cause massive thyroid and hormonal issues, and that alone is enough to make you want to avoid soy.
Soy is heavily genetically modified, is subject to a shitload of pesticide use and it naturally has a bunch of toxins that cause nutrient malabsorption. Some of the pesticides actually do show hormonal disruption in humans.
Also there are even organic black bean pasta products out there that are basically 70-80% protein noodles made from low phytoestrogen organic blackbeans, with around 45g of protein per 100g of dry weight.

Because as far as I know, I'm the original poster and I just copy paste it in soy thread I see. Why does that make me a shill? people wonder and I, as someone with a healthy interest in nutrition, post the highest quality research I've come across and provide a resource so people can compare study results with phytoestrogen content of foods they commonly eat.

lol he's right though, dude should know his place

soy is soy in my opinion

Thanks but can you sum it up?

Also, these studies only seem to last 2 months. I would like to see how it affects a man about a year or two having soy laced in every meal. That's basically what it's like to eat Korean food.

Fuck off. I laugh seeing people like you and the fags on /pol/ tout Koreans as some kind of "pure" "master race". They have powerful brains when it comes to taking tests and solving puzzles but are pathetically retarded in every other aspect of mind. They're like a race of cabbage eating androids with faulty AI programmed by a group of American and Chinese scientists.

yeah I'll probably have to solely eat what I cook. So many good restaurants in korea but the soy it's all laced with seems to be fucking with me. Or maybe I'm finally aging since I'm about to be 27.

Ethnicity, Occupation and tell me about your diet.If you're one of those Air Force or Army guys who rarely leave base or their military communities you don't count.

There is virtually no difference between fermented and unfermented soy when it comes to phytoestrogen content.
Fermented soy products do have way less antinutrients though.

>implying China, Japan and Korea aren't a hodgepodge of each other and mongols.

>implying there is anything inherently wrong with race mixing from a biological stand point

>being a brainlet

I want /pol/ to leave.

I'm a web designer from the Netherlands. I eat Korean enough but I still buy oats, vegetables, and proteins and cook my own meals regularly. Just because it's easy and cheap to grab a kimbap for every 2nd meal while slamming beers at the CU doesn't mean it's the country's fault you do it. Put in the work and stop making excuses.

In "some" people you mean that one morbidly obese diabetic agitation who ate like 32servings of soy a day? Okay. Kill yourself. I bet you even drink milk WHICH HAS PROVEN multiple times to fuck your hormone levels. You are litteay the wlest time of ahitpoater because idiots or baiters like you do nothing but cause confusion

>implying there is anything inherently wrong with race mixing from a biological stand point
There's nothing wrong with african pygmies.
There's nothing wrong with australian aboriginals.
There is nothing wrong with sub 80IQ ethnic groups.

most people do, bet poltard doesn't even lift

-annoyed drunk

stop posting

t. soyboy van nogains

No, I mean the middle aged man who literally had estradiol levels 4x that of the upper healthy range in males of his age bracket, and also had literal gynecomastia, that reversed from the mere cease in soy consumption.
Keep in mind this person was drinking around 3 liters of soymilk a day.
I have never seen a case where someone gave himself gynecomastia from drinking a gallon of milk.

>drinking milk fucks your hormone levels
Hormones found in milk are literally the same concentration as those found in human milk, they're naturally found in all animal milk.
And they're found in pathetic concentrations, in fact they're in such a low concentration that not even babies suffer from it in terms of genital development.
Meanwhile, soy formulas have been linked with smaller penises in boys.

>spouts out a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with biracial people.

Did you really have to confirm your brainlet status?

Please, /pol/, leave.

Sure. Basically the first link is the most significant because it's a meta analysis, meaning that you pool the results of many different studies to exclude outliers. Single studies can by chance, bias or unknown factors show inaccurate results but when you look at many studies together you are more likely to reach the "common truth" on the subject. The results of the meta analysis is that neither soy or isoflavone(phytoestrogen) supplements effects sex hormones in men.

The other high quality studies just support this conclusion. What I'm also saying is that the isoflavone(phytoestrogen) intake above your likely intake has been tested and also show no effect.

There is nothing wrong with being a mutt.

Are you serious, you think one old man reacting to drinking 90g of soy milk protein/day says anything about other people or normal consumption?

>spouts out a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with biracial people.
I include biracial mutts in "sub 80IQ ethnic groups".

Yes I am serious, you said that phytoestrogens haven't been shown at all to affect hormones in humans, when it fact it has been shown to do so.
You are not the only one doing this, there's a worryingly high number of people who keep spreading lies about phytoestrogens and their effects in humans.
High phytoestrogen consumption has indeed been shown to feminize men, what is your response to this?
90g of soy protein is literally what some people have on a daily basis specially vegan bodybuilders who rely a lot on soy protein powder or tofu/tempeh for protein, and it is not healthy and shouldn't be promoted or defended.

How does it feel to have (presumably) two white parents but be as dumb as a rock?

At least you're pure bred mirite?

he doesn't know /pol/ runs Veeky Forums

>All memes aside but does eating Soy really harm a man's testosterone?
no, i've been taking soy isolate protein for 3 years now (same price, three times more protein) and my test is a little higher than two years ago when i did my last test exam
also, if you think that your estrogen is too high, take some 20mg tamoxifen for one month and see if it solves your problems

lol then go have babies with a spic, I'm not about to ruin my genes by doing something so stupid

May you should have tested your DHT levels, because soy has been shown to decrease androgenic acitvity in animals including humans through mechanistic data, and is the reason why it's been shown to help prevent prostate cancer, through the anti androgenic activity its consumption causes.

I wouldn't know, but it would be better(and not to mention way less likely) than having two non white parents and be as dumb as a rock.

Why do you guys want to make peopel consume soy so bad? Why would it affect you whether people risk the chance of estrogen or not? The only reason is because you want to feminize male society you fucking jew shills. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE TO CONSUMING SOY WHEREAS THERE IS A DISADVANTAGE TO IT FUCKS SAKE

>checked
this basically except the /pol/ level conspiracy
better not to risk soy consumption because there is literally no advantage to it
/thread

Au contraire mon frère, I do believe you know quite intimately.

It has been shown to effect a very, very few individuals(2 people). The one case you linked and the one with the young diabetic are as far as I know the only recorded cases. This tells us nothing, it could be rare gene defects combined with extreme consumption for all we know, the quality research and the meta-analysis shows NO EFFECT. That is what matters, not some extreme rarities.

What matters is that there are components called phyto-ESTROGENS in soy, and a huge issue in western men is excessive ESTROGEN. While soy might not be the definitive cause for this, it is a good idea to just not risk it. Like other people said too, what even is the advantage to eating soy? Why do you wanna make people eat it so badly?

>I do believe you know quite intimately
It appears your biracial mutt upbringing must have granted you telepathatic powers.

Just stop eatin it.

Here's a notion worth contemplating.
If there IS indeed a risk, why take it if there's no advantage in doing so?

The soy in soy sauce/paste are of the fermented kind. I think you'll be fine.

Fermentation doesn't decrease phytoestrogens or phytosteroids, it just destroys a good ammount of anti nutrients.

Are you are legit brainlet? your argument is that it has a scary name? Like I've said before in this thread, I care about what the quality research shows not some random persons speculations and the research shown no effect.

I don't care what people eat, but spreading misinformation russles my jimmies. Advantages of eating soy as opposed to what? Just as a food in general it's high in protein, fiber, minerals and is cheap.

Yep, it's the superiority brought about through genetic diversity.

Insecure inbreds couldn't possibly understand.

No my argument isn't that it has a scary name, it's just that there is some scientific evidence suggesting that it DOES cause high estrogen in men, and some that it DOESN'T. I also saw a video on YouTube (Will see if i find it) where a MTF was discussing how when she(?) drank and ate huge quantities of soy milk and grew moobs.

Soy sauce do contain less isoflavones level than soy milk.

Risks of non-extreme soy consumption in light of the best available research: Close to none

Benefits of not being fucked in the head by soy fearmongering: Cheap and nutritious high quality protein alternative, not being fucking paranoid over soy in food, not thinking the jew is trying to bring down western civilization with a bean, not starting thread over said paranoia and looking like an idiot.

This might come off as a shock but don't worry I'm here for you my dude.
Northern european nations, the whitest on earth, are among the least inbred nations in the world. What are the most inbred nations you ask? Well my mutt buddy, they're found in all of africa, most of the americas, south asia, middle east. I'm guessing you belong to one of those, judging by your intellectual prowess and knowledge and by using my pure bred telepathic powers.

Do you understand how a meta-analysis works? It's not like it's 50% showing effects and 50% showing none, it's almost all quality research shows no effect and a very few shows effect. This is expected with anything, there will always be outliers in research.I don't give a shit what a tranny on youtube told you.

Oy vey, just eat soy my goy
Not bad at all
Is good for you goy

Didn't tell me anything and I watched it because it was in another thread about soy a few weeks ago. It's just some more evidence for the case AGAINST soy. I don't give a shit that there are some studies where it shows that it doesn't increase estrogen, there is both some scientific and anecdotal evidence to suggest that it does. For the hundreth time, why would anyone even eat soy IF THERE IS A RISK AT ALL

This guy you've been debating posted a bunch of studies showing how soy isn't bad and you've posted jack shit but fear mongering. Either post a study or shut the fuck up.

Because soy sauce has less soy solids than soy milk?
Soy sauce is a non issue, but tempeh is arguably just as bad as tofu, despite being fermented.

Oh sure let me just spend half an hour on pubmed combing through studies
Answer my fucking question you cunt, why do you want people to eat soy if there is literally no disadvantage to excluding it from your diet?

Why do people eat meat when there's so many disadvantages? Female hormones are in it like estrogen that give you moobs. Why not eat soy which has shown no issues? In scientific studies

Holy fuck the shills come in force
Btw I know you're samefagging because the amount of posters stayed 19 even after both of those replies were made so fuck off
Meat boosts testosterone you fucking cuck and you still did not answer my question.

Do you not know the soy thing is a meme? it's like the OK sign being a hate symbol.

Because meat doesn't cause thyroid issues like soy does, because it has way less pesticides in it than soy does, because it has a mere miniscule ammount of estrogenic compounds in it unlike soy does. Because meat eating is tradition everywhere in the world outside of segregated religious circles.
Because meat products have an irrelevant ammount of anti nutrients and other toxins that cause bad digestion or malabsorption of nutrients like soy does.
Because meat is one of the most easily digestable foods there is, unlike soy.

Here's one Also pic related

13 year old web site.

current Veeky Forums does not get an opinion

Took you long enough to photoshop or inspect source that stuff buddy. I know what I saw.
Let's end the argument here.
SOY HAS N O T CONCRETELY BEEN PROVEN TO INCREASE ESTROGEN, AND IT HAS NOT BEEN CONCRETELY PROVEN TO HAVE NO EFFECT ON ESTROGEN, I AGREE THERE. BUT THERE IS NO REASON, NONE AT ALL, TO TAKE THE RISK OF CONSUMING SOY.

I don't actually eat soy; on keto, just mocking your style of argument of just making shit up. Is all that stuff true about meat? Prove it cause I say its not.

And wow, someone finally posted a study about soy, holy shit. Imagine that, it may have made this conversation worthwhile twenty minutes ago.

Not gonna pick out studies for you lazy ass faggot, just G O O G L E it. Still haven't answered my question btw.

>/pol/ dumbasses
It doesn't matter where your protein comes from, it's how you use it. The soyboy meme is dumb as fuck.

t. soyboy
Answer my fucking question you fucking brainlet shit.

Phytoestrogens in soy attach to alpha receptors and actually reduce the effects of estrogen in your body. Other phytoestrogens, like the ones found in hops, one of the main ingredients of beer, attach to beta receptors and act as endocrine disrupted which affect test. If you're becoming a weak flabby bitch boy it's probably not the soy.

Oh there we go, the same argument that always comes up in the defence of soy which has been disproven.
>An estrogen molecule is like a jumbo jet that attaches to the Jetway of an airport. It discharges passengers into the terminal, which is suddenly a busy, noisy place. Phytoestrogens, being weak estrogens, are like small, private planes with few passengers and no cargo, yet they still occupy the Jetway after landing. When phytoestrogens occupy the cell, normal estrogens cannot. Plant estrogens do not eliminate all of estrogen's effects, but they do minimize them, apparently reducing breast cancer risk and menstrual symptoms.
What a meme.

>>implying there is anything inherently wrong with race mixing from a biological stand point
Actually there is. It's called gene flow and ecologists actively try to avoid it when it comes to conservation methods for animal or plant species because it reduces allele frequencies for populations and makes them less adaptable to the environment which increases their chance of extinction. Biologically, race mixing is objectively worse than staying racially pure in terms of survival potential.

and you should only drink milk when you're a baby

All foods have something bad about them if over consumed. Eating small amounts of soy won't kill you or lower testosterone to any noticeable degree (you'll notice all these studies involve replacing everything with soy to prove a lower T count). Why worry so much over something negligible that can be a good addition to a stew or stir fry for super cheap?

>all foods have something bad about them if over consumed
Nope
Once again, answer the question please.

>im not gonna ruin my FAR superior genetics with these shitskins!

Yes they do, I answered your question, prove me wrong.

I'm vegetarian and I have no bias in this, meat is just easier to digest for humans than any other food there is, and that is the truth.
You can look at patients who had most of their intestines removed and they can eat meat no problem, but if you give them broccoli or soy they will shit it in chunks.

1. Nope. Is there such a thing as overconsumption of broccoli for example? No.
2. You didn't answer my question which was What are the advantages to eating soy considering the risk of it?

That study was included in the meta-analysis, and what was the result of that?

>post dumb fearmongering meme
>hurrrr what proof? google it lmao

he looks like a fucking ayy lmaoo

Too much broccoli can affect your thyroid.

Anime is a sign of being a beta male, get out fag

When you are the most defenseless when it comes to exogenous hormonal disrupting compounds, and yet drinking milk doesn't give them any issues.
Yet soy baby formulas have indeed been shown to reduce overall development and genital growth in boys.
I'm not even saying people should drink milk, it's just that milk hasn't been shown to cause issues even in toddlers who have very little hormonal production compared to grown adults.

If you're getting man boobs it's probably because of all the beer you have every weekend and not for going to a korean restaurant once a month lmao.

So you are just looking at meta analysis now and ignoring individual studies that show no bias whatsoever?
I guess dietary cholesterol really does not increase blood cholesterol then.

>all that citrus
Is this another secret like the onion pill?

I lived in korea 4 yrs and had no problems, kept lifting as I always had and kept slaying just as I did in US

Maybe u are just a whinny bitch?

Just like in real life, no one on the internet cares about what you want, subhuman.

Still did not answer my question as I said in #2, probably because you can't.

>which has been disproven.
When? Instead of being condescending to a meme argument no one is making, how about you explain how its wrong.

Fuck off and answer my question first before I answer yours.

In fact you would probably lose fat and had a healthier heart.

What the fuck is your question? You replied to me.

What are the advantages to eating soy considering the risk of it? I have said this many times you brainlet.