Symmetric Strength

Symmetric Strength chart thread. Didn't see one in the catalog.

My BP and OHP are severely lacking. I can't seem to get my max bench press over 185 and anything +120lbs really hurts my shoulders for OHP (not sure if there's something wrong or just extremely weak shoulder/triceps). What do?

What is the typical method for increasing bench weight? I have a buddy to spot me now, but didn't before, which is why I am so far behind in this area

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE&t=76s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>body weight 190
>height 5'10
>age 18
>squat 385
>deadlift 445
>bench 220
>Ohp 165

>What is the typical method for increasing bench weight?
Bench more. Don't be like me user.

5'11

Incline 205 x 5
OHP 155 x 3
Dead 375 x 3
Front squat: 235 x 1 (shit lower back is my problem here, can't go hard on squats)
Pull up: +45 x 10 from dead hang

Just one year in after a long day off but been training for 10 years. Apparently if I did SS for 6 months my dead would be 75 pounds higher though.

That is a good precautionary tale, we are similar.

What I mean though, is what should my sets look like? Steadily increase weight through til the 5th one? Start heavy to get the best PR and then go to higher reps?

look at it this way atl you arent me.
and i have been purposfully stalling on my squat for the last 4 months and pushing my bench hard and it still hasnt evened out

I guess I am the opposite

You need deadlifts in your life

Pretty good penlay row

>I am stronger than this but still early intermediate because I am 2 meters tall and weigh 230lb

I wish the site took height into consideration

5'11
295lbs

Squat: 800lbs or 773x2
Bench: 490lbs
Deadlift 705lbs or 660x3

Post body pls

This. I'm 5'6'' and full greenboy but still dyel as fuck

Post body, years lifting?

it was made by a coping manlet

I will make it.

Have no recent pictures because becoming bloat lord but heres an old back pic from about 40lbs ago.

Lifting for about 6-7 years

Yeah I have been avoiding them cause when I do they fuck my back up..

I guess I will try it again soon

I feel ya brother. Bodyweight doesn't mean fuck if height is not provided. I am also doomed to compete in the heaviest categories in whatever sport I take up which means competing against bloatlords. I can't ever hope to weigh for example 105kg at over 6'6'' and be stronger than a 105kg guy at 6'0'' competing against me because his weight is actually muscle not bone.

Sauce?

Guess thats the opposite for me but I don't lift for strength in numbers anyways so it doesn't really matter for me

Impressive.

legs from about half a year ago

If you were you'd be a monster.

> 2 months lifting
> from 67kg to 75kg/165lb
> 5’10
> age 21
> squat: 95kg
> diddly: 110kg
> bench: 60kg
> OHP: 40kg
Push Day is the fucking worst

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE&t=76s

6'3 = 191 cm
176 = 80 kg

How do I improve Bench press? I can only do like 50 kg x 6. My right shoulder seems to make popping, cracking, snapping noises. It feels like some kind of material is snapping/gliding really fast over a rounded surface. ( I am guessing inflamed ligament ). There is no pain, but my lifts with my right arm are weaker and my right arm tires quicker in every exercise. What do?

How

Are you squeezing your shoulder blades together?

I dont think so.

OP here, my right shoulder also stops me from excelling at OHP and BP

almost 2 months lifting
>tfw my squat is shit

Thanks I’ll give it a try.. I bet I am lowering my hips too much

Ok so when you are lying down on the bench position your shoulder blades so they are squeezing somewhat.. this should lesson your rom by about 2 inches or so but it will save your shoulders and your push will be more balanced across your entire chest

Will try!
Thanks for the tip

1,72 m
65 kg

OHP 40 x 5
Bench Press 70 x 5
Deadlift 110 x 5
Front Squat 90 x 5
Pull up 0 x 9, should start doing assisted but I haven't seen any belts in my gym ...

Currently sitting at about an year of lifting, started serious by doing GSLP about 6 months ago tho.

6’2 180 lbs
OHP: 115x5
Bench: 160x5
Squat: 275x5
Deadlift: 345x5
>tfw chestlet

Two months regular lifting
>kill me

>183cm / 6 feet
>94kg / 208-210lbs I think
>Lifted for 1,5 years.
I feel like my lower body is lacking, does anyone have some good quad accessories?

Mmm, do you have more pictures?

We were all there m8

If you have issues with your shoulders stop dropping the bar right to your chest and start going back up once your about an inch above your chest.

One of the strongest guys on Veeky Forums

So far novice or nearly novice, I'm lifting seriously for about month, though.

this site overrates pendlay row and deadlift and underrates weighted dips

>tfw you’ve had possible sciatica for over a year and your PT hasn’t been able to fix it
God dammit I used to squat 405 for 5 now I can barely do 225 for 3 because of the pain

>he hasn't managed to fix his back in a year
wew lad, you literally just needed to rest it for a couple days then start rehab with alternative training and McGill's

It’s not the back the pain is felt in the glutes but when rolling out I feel it the most in the hips

..because of the nerve in your lower back
Get help if you can't fix it yourself. But you need to let it rest, do low weight high fucking reps with perfect form. Don't be reckless. Do your rehab exercises, fix your pelvic tilt, get the abs working. Make sure you are not unevenly tight in the back.. It will be good, but you need to make it get good.

a pt is probably just as educated on it as you are. go to a fucking doctah

Been doing low reps
And ye u probably right, my PT is from my home town on an island in the middle of nowhere who told me to “just stretch”
Gonna get an actually educated rehab when I go back up to the states for school

Meant high reps god dammit

Godspeed, mate

You pinning bruh?

JUST

6'1
175 lbs

Squat 265 x 5
Deadlift 220 x 5
BP 160 x 5
OHP 100 x 5

But I can feel the aesthetic...

how on earth is your diddly so low compared to your squat

6'
150lb
squat 200*5
deadlift 245*5
bp 150*5
ohp 100*5

It took me a long time to realize, 'oh yeah I should do DL."

Also really bad form. I've made substantial gains just from correcting myself.

good luck, man, don't give up. always use manageable weight and make sure that you're bracing your abs as hard as you can. for me that's the number one cue for protecting my back. might also be worth buying a belt if you don't have one. lifting belts teach you to brace your abs against them.