What's the best full body routine for beginners?

I know consistency doing one of them is most important but I'm not sure where to start. There's a lot of options: SS, SL, ICF5x5, Greyskull LP, 5/3/1. I want to get, look, and feel strong as hell and don't want to be t-rex mode.

Other urls found in this thread:

gym-talk.com/reg-park-beginner-routine/
gen.lib.rus.ec
youtube.com/watch?v=I0uhDZ06hrQ
idreamz.nl/fileshuttle/a61c00d6.pdf
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The best full-body routine is reading the goddamned sticky.

Veeky Forums's greyskull routine and then when ur done a PPL routine

Do starting strength with deadlifts and chin-ups every workout.

Don’t do power cleans.

Get bands and do 3x5 chin-ups until you can do them unassisted. Then add weight.

Start with whatever weight you can do with good form and increase with the largest increments you can handle.

doesn't matter which one you pick, they will all do the same

I've been training for over a year. My friend (who is an oly coach) said I should do 5/3/1 and that's what I've been doing.
But my lifts are so low (180lb B, 200lb S, 120lb OHP, 3500lb Rackpull). I'm thinking of doing SS, to hit 1/2/3/4 at least, if not more.

Is this a good idea considering SS is for novices, and I already have good form?

Nice rack pull m8. Post back

lmfao
350***

Gosgrove's New Rules of Lifting and 5/3/1 for beginners.

This, instead of power cleans just alternate chin-ups and pull-ups.

download SS pdf and read the goddamn book. Also do your power cleans

>do your power cleans

Yeah, no. Don't do power cleans. Unless you play a sport that requires explosive energy, then there is literally no other functional reason to do power cleans. Plus they're snap city for lumbar spine

Unless you're in sports, fuck power cleans, just do this .

SS with power cleans.

This so much. The information about SS on the internet is so diluted by now, Rip has to correct people who think he said no curls even on SS forums.

The point of power cleans in SS is to be a sort of "light deadlift". First you just deadlift every workout, then when it's too much you alternate deadlifts with cleans. Same reason why you alternate OHP with bench. Bench is heavy, at some point it's too hard to recover from, OHP serves as a "light bench". This is how you 1/2/3/4 rapido.

Deadlifts and cleans aren't gonna grow your lats by themsleves but the point is they drive your chinups or lat pulldowns or dumbbell rows or whatever bb assistance you pick better than doing that assistance by itself. They're more important for continued progress than chinups, chinups are easier to stall on. And if you do chinups after your deadlifts/cleans, yes you won't do as much since your back is tired already, but it will result in roughly the same aesthetic gains as if you did just chins, and much better strength gains, setting you up for MUCH better aesthetic gains LATER ON when you're intermediate.

>at some point it's too hard to recover from, OHP serves as a "light bench"
oh fuck I had never realised this. I hadn't thought Rip put that much thought into it - neat. Cheers brah

Starting strength and then The Bridge afterwards.

Lamooo no

The whole SS/Rippetoe bashing thing is a massive strawmant thanks to fanboys went GOMAD NOCURLZ when in fact Rip advised GOMAD ONLY for people so underweight it's unhealthy, and himself stated that people should curl.
He also stressed many times that he is not the best source on dieting or bodybuilding (though better than average), and doesn't lay out ANY set in stone routines for anyone but novices.
On top of that retards like Mehdi with their retard advice get confounded with Rip, further fucking up the perception of SS (no curlz! start with empty bar! 5x5!), when it is in fact literally the best public novice routine. And then uninformed people go and say, DO ROWS INSTEAD OF CLEANS because HURR CLEANS DON'T WORK YOUR BACK (they fucking do actually) when even Scott fucking Abel the bodybuilding champ train-the-muscle-not-the-movement says barbell rows are an explosive fucking movement.

I'm raging because I trained for several years buying into the whole SS mythos, doing 5/3/1, doing fucking westside barbell, doing fucking texas method, AND NOW I AM STILL MAKING GAINS ON FUCKING SS ADVANCEDN NOVICE DOING IT AS FUCKING WRITTEN TAKING MY BENCH OVER 3 FUCKING PLATE FOR 3X5

I COULD'VE ACHIEVED THAT YEARS AGO IF I JUST READ THE FUCKING SS WITHOUT PREJUDICE

FUCK

same desu, i knew about the book since 20010 when i was still in hs, basically wasted 8 years wasting my time, but i guess i did learn quite a few lessons "playing around"/

Like what? The only useful things I learned were, turn your elbows out when doing power cleans to minimize arm involvement, and that Arnold lateral delt raise when you're laying on your side.

haha cheers brah
>doing 5/3/1
I'm actually doing the 5/3/1 novice program atm. I've been on a cut while doing it so I was kinda hesitant to do anything else. I actually really enjoy doing it and I like the accessories it prescribes, but it takes way too much fucking time kek. It's actually pretty fortuitous to see your post on SS. I'm about to finish my cut and I've been considering finally doing it. Mostly because I could say I did it, and also because of time reasons. I also really appreciate the Rippetoe minimal approach to stuff like stretching. Like, why waste your time stretching a tight muscle if you can make it's antagonist stronger (i.e. stretching to improve posture vs. getting a good deadlift).

By the way, which Rip LP would you recommend I do? 1rms (in kg) are 150 dead, 130 squat, 65 ohp, ~100 bench

Look up Reg Park, the natty champion. Strong like bull and massive.

gym-talk.com/reg-park-beginner-routine/

Post PDF please. I'll shill for Rip in repayment, as that is all I have to offer.

just read the book and decide what to do.

i personally wouldn't recommend power cleans, because it is more likely that as an intermediate you won't be using them. doing rows intead might be better, since as an intermediate you might use them. heck, even the bridge has rows over cleans, so it is better to row inpreparation of bridge imo.

not him but I just searched
gen.lib.rus.ec
and found it

Finish your cut, then do advanced novice straight away, at 130kg your squat might be too heavy for you to do 3x a week? I dunno. Either straight ss or ss advanced novice.

ok cheers again brah

This.

While the fact that power cleans serve the purpose of light deadlifts while also training explosion,
>OHP is light bench
>deadlifts increase your chin ups more than chin ups
are absolutely retarded. Please refrain from posting here ever again.

Do SS THE WAY IT'S WRITTEN IN THE BOOK. Seriously. Download practical programming for strength training, read it, read it again, read it a third time, do the program, handle the stalls the way it's written and once it's over, move on. If you think you can handle some extra bicep work that doesn't impede your progress in the main lifts, add a set of curls or two and same goes for all other assistance exercises. If you see your lifts stalling after adding assistance exercises, drop them. That's it.

I don't know the purpose of barbell rows in the first place. Why not just do cable/dumbbell rows instead? They're easier to do with strict form, and barbell rows don't really train your strength the way power cleans/deadlifts do anyway. I am not knocking barbell rows, I just don't know. When I tried doing them with progressive overload instead of deadlifts and power cleans, I just ended up stalling or cheating eventually.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0uhDZ06hrQ

>people recomending not to do power cleans

haha what the fuck
I haven't trained a sport in like six months and I still do them.
They just feel great to do.

I've been doing chinups, weighted and unweighted, for years, as main pulls. Without doing deadlifts and cleans. When I made deadlifts and cleans my main pulls, and threw chinups on top of them, my chinup weight and reps started increasing.

OHP and bench - I honestly don't see much point in OHP by itself. I know it's not what Rip says, but I just don't know what's the point of OHP when it mostly hits your front delts and triceps anyway - same muscles the bench hits.

*meant to say I've been doing chinups as main pull and they kept stalling around 1.5 plate for reps at 100kg bw.

That's why they're an assistance exercise.

Dude it was just your grip limiting your chins. As for the OHP, it trains your standing pressing strength, which is pretty important for a general strength routine and not being a weakling in general if you ask me. It's not quite a matter of what muscles it "hits" (although it uses much more side delts than bench); if that was a concern, squats and deadlifts wouldn't be both part of the program.

I dunno man, I don't think OHP has much carryover to sports. I just don't see it.
>short whole-body jolt/push forward in a horizontal plane in ameriball/judo, you're using legs and your mass to push, most of the time not full "rom"
vs
>stand, brace your entire body, lift weight completely vertically, takes much more time than a contact sports "push", doesn't involve impulse from legs

If you want sports carryover push people like bloatlord does, I think it would be honestly better.

I still OHP though.

So then people shouldn't drop power cleans for rows, which is my point.

I got a foggy head, sorry. I dunno, I think bench increases ohp anyway. As long as you squat and deadlift, you can just focus on bench and never ohp and end up with a 2+ plate ohp, or get to it fast once you start ohping.

Well, shoulders are a pretty weak part of the body, at least for me. I do OHP, bench and dips and my shoulders are proportionately smaller than my chest. If I didn't OHP, I think I would be even worse off than now. Maybe your shoulders grow easily and you might be able to get away with only benching, but I don't think it's the same for everyone.

Maybe it comes to difference in bench grip. I dunno. My front delts are relatively big and pecs are relatively small, I might be benching with my shoulders, if that's possible.

then you took to doing what the same thing with Mehdi as you did with Rip?

Mehdi
>if you are a beginner who is likely weak start with the bar
>if you have done the movements before do 50% of your 1repmax(same as Rip)
>5x5 is starting you will likely be on 3x5 within your first weeks if you have done the lifts before because you will be resting 3-5 mins on heavier sets, beginners can do more volume

BOTH programs are fine if you read the PDF's both are shit if you get all your information from the internet, they're almost the same thing, both say to add chin/pulls and dips, both get retardedly taken out of context and both will give you gains

This is how I would have done Starting Strength if I could go back and do it all again:

A:
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 3xBW
Closegrip Bench Press 3x6-8
Band Facepulls 4x20
Neck Curls 100 reps total
Neck Extensions 100 reps total
Leg Press Calf Stretch 4x1min

B:
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x5
Lying Triceps Extension 3x6-10
Incline DB Curls 3x6-10
Gluteham Raise 3xBW
Band Facepulls 4x20
Neck Curls 100 reps total
Neck Extensions 100 reps total
Leg Press Calf Stretch 4x1min

u need to measure your ability to produce power as your strength goes up. otherwise, you will lack explosivity as an intermediate.

Mehdi sucks because he took the program that works (SS) and added a bunch of changes that only make the program worse.

- start with the bar and increase by 5 kg PER WORKOUT FOR SQUATS (why? even my gf was able to do squats and deadlifts with weight from the get go, she was weak as fuck and couldn't even bench the bar)
- drops power cleans in favor of barbell rows (if novices want to row so much they can row with cables or dumbbells, and they need cleans to make their deadlifts progress faster which makes the rest of their pulls progress faster. a heavier deadlift is more valuable in the long run than the fact you did a bunch of rows with low weight)
- uses 5x5 instead of 3x5 (why did he decide to add two more fucking sets? for "volume"? 3x5 is enough and will be enough to the point people can't recover from them. for "practice"? the more sets you do the more your form suffers due to fatigue. this shit simply forces you to end your linear progression faster because you run into the point where you can't recover faster with 2 additional purposeless sets).
- dips and chins from the get go (why? so you hit 80kg on bench and stall because you do 5 sets + 3 sets of weighted dips and don't recover in time for the next session?)

I repeat, he takes a functional program, makes it worse, slaps his name on it and makes a website showcasing how he managed to squat 180kg after what, five years of training? He's the same shit as blaha.

>SS
>no cleans
????

They're good for football players, but beginners don't really need to do them, and getting the form correct is time consuming

If I was doing SS again here's what I'd do:
Workout A:
- zercher squats work up to PR
- low bar squats 3x5
- front squats 5 x 3
- bench press 3 x 5
- deadlift 1 x 5
- ohp 3 x 5
- barbell rows 3 x 5
- cgbp 5 x 12
- dumbbell rows 5 x 12
- high bar squats 3 x 5
- pull-ups 5 x 20
- high pulls 5 x 20

workout B:

- zercher squats work up to PR
- high bar squats 3x5
- sumo deadlift 5 x 3
- ohp 3 x 5
- deadlift 1 x 5
- incline press 3 x 5
- barbell rows 3 x 5
- dumbbell press 5 x 12
- dumbbell rows 5 x 12
- low bar squats 3 x 5
- chinups 5 x 20
- dips 10000 x 500000

I've been doing it for 10 years on a cut I didn't hit 2 plate bench yet should i eat less soy? so happy I'm doing this superior novice workout instead of ss haha t-rexes lmao

>They're good for football players
they're good for everyone, if we agree that increasing athletic performance is good.

>but beginners don't really need to do them
nobody "needs" to do anything. an intermediate, advanced or elite lifter doesn't need to do them either. nor do they need to bench or curl. however, power cleans are quite and far more useful than rows, for example.

>and getting the form correct is time consuming
power cleans are not particularly hard, and getting the form right on all the main compounds is a neverending process. the difficulty of power cleans is vastly exaggerated by most people who have never done them.

you just ignored every single thing i said and clearly havent read the PDF, which as i've clearly just said it's the same thing with SS

YOU DONT HAVE TO START WITH THE BAR IT'S NOT PART OF THE PROGRAM IT IS A SUGGESTION FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER LIFTED BEFORE - basically the GOMAD of SS

5x5 IS OK FOR BEGINNERS BECAUSE THE WEIGHT IS LOW, IT SAYS IN THE PDF TO CHANGE TO 3x5 WHEN THE WEIGHT STARTS GETTING SO MUCH THAT YOU TAKE 3 MIN BREAKS BECAUSE OF TIME TAKEN AND VOLUME WILL MAKE YOU STALL EARLIER

HE SUGGESTS DIPS AND CHINS FOR THOSE THAT WANT MORE UPPER BODY WORK AND SO DOES RIP

POWER CLEANS AND ROWS IS A COMPLETE DIFFERENT DISCUSSION BUT MEHDI CLEARLY STATES ASWELL AS RIP HAS DONE THAT THE ROWS ARE THERE FOR AN ASSISTANCE EXERCISE FOR BACK STRENGTH

HE DIDNT MAKE ANYTHING WORSE IT'S THE SAME FUCKING THING - THE POWERCLEANS

sorry for caps but I felt like it would help with the processing of the words

also he says 5lbs/2.5kg you might be retarded because you cant even take the time to read a 10 minute PDF

They're difficult for beginners to learn how to do, don't help your deadlift/back gains as much as rows, and a horizontal pull like a barbell row is very important to include in a program

>bigger leaner stronger
and thats my honest opinion

First Cucklifts 5x5 I found, might be too old or something idk:
idreamz.nl/fileshuttle/a61c00d6.pdf

"Choosing Your Starting Weight. If you’ve never done these exercises before, you first need to
learn correct technique before thinking about heavy weights.
• Squat, Bench Press & Overhead Press. Start with an empty barbell."

"If you’ve done these exercises before & your technique is ok: do workout A the first day working yourself up to one heavy set of 5 reps on all exercises. Do the same for workout B two days later. Start the next week with 30% less weight."

"You can also use bigger increments. If your technique is good & the weight feels too easy:
increase the weight by 5kg/10lbs per workout on the Squat & 10kg/20lbs on the Deadlift."

I'm trying to give him the benefit of doubt but I can't. If it was "... OR your technique is ok" then it'd work like it should, increase weight on the first workout.

I also found nothing about chins/dips being optional. Rip says you introduce them later on, as your recovery capacity increases, not from the get go.

5x5 doesn't improve form too.

I guess the logic was, "make them do 5x5 to do more reps with perfect technique, and make them do it with a bar/very light weight so they don't fuck it up", but if we're going with the premise people are actually going to pay attention to technique, well, they have the same opportunity on SS. You're not supposed to fuck everything up just because you didn't start with an empty bar.

>POWER CLEANS AND ROWS IS A COMPLETE DIFFERENT DISCUSSION BUT MEHDI CLEARLY STATES ASWELL AS RIP HAS DONE THAT THE ROWS ARE THERE FOR AN ASSISTANCE EXERCISE FOR BACK STRENGTH

Mehdi just throws in rows for 0 reason. SS has people add chins and not rows. Barbell rows are not a novice exercise.

On top of that there's shameless Mehdi shilling of his program and fails to mention that it's based on Starr's shit. Rip at least mentions that.

I'm done sucking Rip's dick here.

I chose the option that makes marginally more sense if you start with the bar to be more fair.

They take all of fifteen minutes to learn, there's a 9 minute video of how to do them.
Hell they're easier to learn than squats or bench.

Barbell rows won't do shit for your deadlift if you're a novice.

Wait not done, went to Mehdi's site and he shills Madcow as "the best intermediate program". That explains his pathetic squat and deadlift. Also explains why he didn't even put up his bench and OHP numbers. 18 years of training.

>StrongLifts is my full-time profession since 2007

Motherfucker, shilling mutilated SS is his fulltime profession

I'm not even a Rip fanboy, he has his own share of retardation like "every male gotta weight 225lbs" etc, but fuck Mehdi is such a bitch.

A:
Horizontal row, I'd say dumbbell as a beginner 3 x 8-12
Horizontal press, flat bench is best, DBs are superior for mass, 3 x 8-12
Leg raise + cable crunch supersets 2 x 10 each
Curl + rope pull down superset 2 x 10
Trap bar dead lift 2 x 5

B
Squat varations or leg press 3 x 8-12
Trap bar stiff leg deadlift or leg curl 2 x 8-12
Verticle press,DBs preferred 3 x 8-12
Verticle pull, pull up preferred 3 x 8-12, assist or add weight as needed
Shrug 2 x 20

ABxABxABx repeated.

send feedback to his email bro i'm sure he will care

and regardless of what you say or anyone says there will still be faggots who refuse to follow any of the basic programs and increase the volume with 10 million assistance exercises and completely change the programs

Honestly, 5x5x5 program like Mind Over Muscle is the a less orthodox but more effective training method:
> Select five basic exercises for your whole body. (Squat, deadlift, press, bench press, pull-ups.)
> Perform all of them five days a week, Monday through Friday.
> Start every workout with two or three singles to gauge what the work set weight should be.
> Do only one work set of five per exercise, leaving a couple of reps in the bank.
> Focus on staying tight, power breathing and the perfect groove.
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/19799-power-people-programming-summary.html

This is a strength program focused on skill development.

IMHO, this is a more effective program than SS due to better upper/lower body balance and, more importantly, training all the lifts very frequently and very correctly, which will ingrain the correct form quickly. This not to say SS isn't good, it is, but only if follow it by the book. I would avoid all those SS-based programs though such as ICF, GSLP etc.

If you're concerned about aesthetics, start with MOM or SS, once you get to 1/1.5/2/3 (or even 1/2/3/4), that is, decent lifts, switch to a real hypertrophy focused program such as GVT 10x5 and milk out all those size gains. Btw, if you're eating correctly (which is accountable for at least of 50% of aesthetics), you will get more muscular on a strength program as well.

Arguably, this is way more effective than doing "mixed" strength-hypertrophy, which has you neither fresh and frequent enough in order to increase strength nor enough volume to grant for quality mass gains.

Doesn't need to be in that order, do the deads first.

Stiff leg dls should use minimal weight to avoid back problems.

If you had extra time glute bridges, hyper extension, and calve raises are worth adding. You can do dips as a main horizontal push but I'd alternate them with incline DBs

>They’re great. I’ve had no major injury. No surgery either. Knees and shoulder are clean. I do have a buldged disc in L4/L5.

AHAHA fuck 180kg squat and a bulged disk shit

>no calorie counting, but I do Intermittent Fasting since 2009

ok it all falls into place now

>I actually find this process fun, probably due to my personality type (I’m an INTJ).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

>It’s been featured in Men’s Fitness, Men’s health, Bodybuilding.com, Reddit, Strengthcamp, etc.

SHIT NIGGER REDDIT AND BODYBUILDING COM WHAT SUCCESS

17 years of lifting to hit a 180kg squat while weighing 70kg

17 years to lift less than a fucking sub 75kg junior woman powerlifter

So basically, yet more proof that hard work and providing value will get you nowhere, shill and you succeed.

The idea of having total noobs do low rep sets at the top of their ability level is kind of stupid, particularly the "add weight every week" meme.

Lack of accessories for arms and core too.

Plus noobs without a couch are better off not doing cleans and using a trap bar to dead if possible (with high handles or blocks if your back rounds at the bottom due to bad mobility).

A total noob would do just as well on a balanced machine plan for 3 months before switching to free weights.

whats wrong with phrak's GSLP

I use it because reddit told me to

The right answer is SS. Did you see the thread recently when Dr. Feigenbaum visited here? Hopefully somebody took screen shots, as of deleted mine on accident. He basically called out SL as a waste of time and GSLP as retarded. In a polite way.

It's not wrong but it lacks the stages included on SS book that would guide you through plateaus (reducing volume, adding auxiliary lifts, etc).

On the other hand, doing chin-ups from start is certainly not band and it's one of the reasons I prefer 5x5x5 over SS.

Btw, SS book is a must-read, and not only once, since it has a lot of technicalities that do help improve A LOT your training.

kek
Most of what you read about in this thread is ultra garbage

>Bench is heavy, at some point it's too hard to recover from, OHP serves as a "light bench".

This is incorrect. In the “art of manliness” video on the press, Rip clearly states that he prefers the press as the primary lift:

“If you were put in a situation were you had to choose bench or press, you should press” (paraphrased)

This is further supported by the fact that the US Strenghtlifting federation uses the press as a contested lift and drops bench press.

I have a few quesrions about SS if anyone bothers to answer.

First: My gym doesn't have anyone to teach me how to do it, and there are no SS coaches in my country. Should I still do it (learning alone) and risk fucked up form or just keep on the nautilus machines?

Second: i have looked, but i didn't find many before and after pics of people who did SS. Anyone has any?

>ss
Enjoy disproportional legs

I read ss but its so much information so I watched a lot of rip coaching people on youtube

How much difference (results and process) is there between the different beginner programs anyway? Threads like these only make me more confused.

Read book. Watch videos. Record yourself and fix form by comparison of what you’re doing to what you have learned.

I dowbloaded the pdf and read the beginning briefly, then found this thread.

Did you do it on your own?

Are you Brazilian?
Anyways, I am. Just do like this user said and you'll be fine:

Just lift weights don't follow some retarded programs do what you wanna do and what feels good

Yeah, nice guessing

Thanks for the advice boys, i will start it

anything with low volume high frequence and compounds in lower rep range

'Novice' in SS terminology means 'anyone who can still add weight to the bar every session.' With your numbers I'm almost certain you can do that unless you're a 5'3'' tall girl.

Most people who do SS (actually get the book, read it, and do what it says, rather than read a post on some other forum that has a program somewhat like SS, do it for a few weeks, then quit in frustration) end up with a press in the 150-180 range, bench in the low-mid 200s, squat in the mid 300s, and a deadlift in the low 400s. Power clean is a bit of a wildcard.

All of that of course depends on gender, diet, weight, and individual genetic capability.

Why would he move from 5-3-1 to a program with less volume as a beginner?

SS has woeful volume, it's like putting a novice on a peaking program.

>tfw you will NEVER have a 3500lb rackpull

This is total bullshit. If you have a skelly, say 140-145, and they gain 30lbs of lean mass in a year, which is 1/2 pound a week consistently for 12 months, those lifts are all still in the advanced range at 170lbs.

Serious question:
Should you really do squats every session?

Ahahaha holy shit this is hilarious.
Remember when he tried to shill for crossfit?

Exactly, novices should just do novice sheiko or a split.

By actually reading the book you're beating 90% of people who did ss. Just do it as written, don't GOMAD unless you're 6'3 and 150lbs and you'll be fucking fine.

you're not arching much.

grip width determines whether triceps or chest. arm angle from the chest determines pecs or delts.

decline bench for most pec involvement.

as long as you're eating, lifting and resting enough, not too much difference. diy noob retards tend to train too much and not rest or eat enough.

Yes.

As you advance you'll switch it out for lighter variants like front squats or back squats with lower weight to promote recovery.

if you're doing a full body routine then yes, you should train your entire body every session. you're also doing a push and a pull every session, but you're alternating them. in theory you could alternate squats too, but there's not much point.

Novices don't need volume. They're basically adapted to doing nothing, so even 3 sets of 5 is enough to make them stronger and bigger for quite some time with the right nutrients.

Volume can actually be counter productive for a novice because your ability to handle the volume when your work capacity isn't very well developed tops out WAY before your ability to handle the intensity does.

It's literally NOTHING like a peaking program. A peaking program is a way to reduce cumulative fatigue for an advanced/late intermediate lifter so that strength they've already developed can be efficiently expressed at a given time.

SS is a way to quickly DEVELOP strength where there wasn't any before. It works because an unadapted person adapts very fast. It becomes more peaking-like at the end where worksets drop to 3x3 or 5x1 with 2 backoff sets (and 3x1 + 5x1 backoff for deadlifts) but that's literally only for 2-3 weeks to eke out a few more linear jumps before it can't be done anymore.

This kind of comment is the reason people get confused. It fucking is possible, because I've seen it happen. As has anyone who's actually done the program or seen someone else do it.

The lean mass gain etc tables bodybuilders use were created under completely different circumstances from a young 145 pound male jumping 10lb a session for 3 weeks on the squat then 5lb for the next 10-13 weeks while drinking a gallon of milk a day. At the end of that, if he started at 13% bodyfat he'll be 180-185lbs at 19% bodyfat. Not to mention stronger and better looking than you.

If you're only exercise is 15 reps of a few compounds three days a week (just 5 deadlifts) and you do GOMAD you're going to get fucking fat bro and still be weak.

pretty much this, people are fucking stupid here, the amount of muscle you can gain slows down the more you get, so when someone has 0 muscle they can gain a lot very quickly but the knuckle heads on here think when someone says "you can only gain about 10lbs a year bro" they're talking about 3-5 years bodybuilders not novices who cant even lift a teapot

You've clearly never done it, so how would you know?

I don't think anyone who hasn't really appreciates how hard it is to do three sets of 330 for 5 and then do a set of 5 deadlifts at 405 almost immediately after. It's fucking tough, especially if like most people you'd never really done anything truly physically taxing until like 4 months beforehand.

But yeah if you want to spout broscience that's on you. Don't discourage other people from doing it who can actually benefit from it.

Enjoy stale memes.

>Second: i have looked, but i didn't find many before and after pics of people who did SS. Anyone has any?

Are 5x5 deads really a bad idea? Ive been doing it and recently hit 265lbs but havent been able to progress for a few weeks. I assumed it was from aggressively cutting but should i switch to 3x5 instead?

If I change the number of reps by two (so 3x8 and 3x5 for deadlift) will i achieve more hypertrophy (in exchange of faster progress)?

Marginally, if you want hypertrophy add a shitton of flys the workout before ohp a shitton of tricep work the day before 2 day rest and a shitton of curlz on chinz day. And lat raises on ohp day.

The vast majority of oly movement tutorials on YouTube are wrong