There's an entire subculture on fit that thinks that not eating for an entire week is not only healthy...

There's an entire subculture on fit that thinks that not eating for an entire week is not only healthy, but is the most effective way to lose fat and build muscle.
They live in an echochamber general called /fast/ and go to great lengths to skew everything into thier worldview.

Can you believe that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/11/intermittent-fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/
youtube.com/watch?v=18YymHzV16U
youtube.com/watch?v=-QcqOV4LBmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it really is quite retarded

I assumed they were all fatties.
Most of the time anyone advocating some weird diet is a fatty / recovering fatty or roid user. Paleo, keto, fasting etc. People who actually lift don't follow this shit. I bet if you polled them they'd all turn out to be fatties too kek

Eaxctly this.

Normal people just eat chicken and rice. Fats will do any diet that protects their ego and makes them lose weight fast

Was dis nibbas routine?

>lose fat
Yes. Fasting is okay for that.
>build muscle
For fasting an entire week? No one on /fast/ says that.

I was gonna type some shit out, but keep eating however you wanna eat my man. The information is out there.

>I realized I didn't have an argument and that my meme diet is based on emotions instead of facts so I gave up

i'm fasting rn and it feels great. not a fatty either. smd op

I'm glad I figured this out before I hopped on one of these meme diets. The fatties try their hardest to 'hack' weight-loss. After losing the weight they enter this frame of mind where keto / fasting is the only way to lose weight. They also think that it's abundantly healthier than anything else. This is because they never had a healthy diet before their weight-loss (junkfood, crap) so they assume everyone eats that way.

You really have to think about common sense shit when it comes to dealing with these fags. Keto guys for example - you're effectively prohibited to eating a very small amount of vegetables. How can I diet that restricts vegetables (and all the shit that comes with them, like fibre for example) be good for you? lmao

IF fags do think that it will magically recomp your body though. I don't doubt that it might have this effect to a degree - but only for people who didn't have much to begin with in all honesty.

i like how you're shit talking the /fast/ thread (which is proven to be healthy) yet don't mention the /fraud/ threads here which promote steroid usage. faggot.

Nice whataboutism

Whats magic about extending your fasting window? IF can be summed up into wait a few before eating breaky and try to squeeze in dinny a few sooner. Thats all there is to it.

i like how you're shit talking this thread and the /fraud/ thread, but you don't mention heart disease being the #1 killer in the US, or that Driving kills 30,000 people per year on the highways LMFAO what a loser.

See how pointless that was?

why the fuck would I? This thread is about /fast/ lmao

I honestly can't tell what your point is. Could you rephrase?

>mfw when i stuff myself on purpose so i can fast bcoz lean mode
>mfw op is faget
>mfw this thread

inb4 picking on me for "mfw when"

>board subcultures are the echo chambers

The entirety of Veeky Forums is a fucking echo chamber. This place is so hilariously similar to tumblr, and the irony is completely lost on everyone here.

Im saying how could extending the time your body is not influenced by insulin be a bad thing? See when you eat carbs, as most do for breakfast, it stimulates insulin... fuck man its just basic physiology. If you cant understand IF just read about how digestion and shitnworks and it will magically make sense. Im sure you will post something about one guy who took it too far but its simply one question, hows that working for you? If the answer is not good then try something else.

mate I never said IF was bad per se. Actually of all the meme diets I think it's the lest objectionable (and quite healthy). Having a minimal eating window is good for all sorts of shit, including stuff I rarely see mentioned like your circadian rhythm.

That being said, I take issue with people claiming its some magic pill that will completely recomp your body. It won't unless there isn't much there. It's also a pretty restrictive diet if you are already fit. Try lifting heavy (or doing anything remotely athletic) while fasted. You'll be weak as piss. Hence my belief that a lot of the guys following this stuff religiously are not particularly fit.

Also go anywhere online where people discuss IF (keto, whatever) and you'll start hearing shit about how calories in / out is some defunct paradigm lol

>implying mealcucks listen to logic and reason

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

forgot to add this:
>hows that working for you? If the answer is not good then try something else
I just lost 4kg on a simple calorific deficit. By my estimate I'm around 12% bf rn. Losing weight isn't hard - but people want to make it that way.

I have an entire folder dedicated to adie's penis.

wew lad
do you have isely bulk photos? post his leanest and then fattest if so

idiot question from idiot whiteboy.
i'm so fucking done with rice
Can i do quinoa instead?
i'll just add some different simple ass carb instead.

>Can i do quinoa instead?
why not lad? Sounds good. Rice is still good for post-workout though because it's high GI and will spike your insulin (which is what you need after a workout). Quinoa is tasty as fuck and nutritious too

Underrated

>the irony is completely lost on everyone here
Aside from you right? You see the real picture here

>mfw I got called out for eating chicken and rice in realtime on an Atlantean basket weaving forum.

Good stuff!
i don't think it'll do too much harm to bail on rice for at least a little while, since i have the habit of post workout shake+banana afterall..

thanks!

My folders got deleted at some point and Isley is one of those I haven't built back up to i

>chicken and rice
>not oats and greek yogurt/skyr
stay pleb

metabolically there is some scietific substance that will lean towards intermittent fasting actually being helpful and beneficial for regulating blood sugar and insulin production.

that being said, fasting is not the means to an end but rather with structured exercise regimen, balanced and nutritious diet, and living a life as stress free as possible, one can achieve real "health"

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/11/intermittent-fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/

So far the evidence I've read about the more standard IF (only fasting 16 hours a day) is mixed, but it seems it at least makes the psychological aspects of cutting easier when controlling for calorie intake (you don't feel as hungry every day).

How the fuck can not eating build muscle?

Lose weight fast sure, but you aint gonna grow if you dont eat

i lost 40lbs and put it back on with this method it works but is not fruitful

addie was on roids

No worries lad. I don't think it'll do any harm actually lol

cheers brah

these are both good posts. Anyone interested in IF should watch Rhonda Patrick's interview with Satchin Panda also. IF shouldn't be treated as some cure all thing though. Just a possibly healthy boost.

People fear what they don't understand, and they hate what they fear

>People fear what they don't understand
Why would I be afraid of a fucking diet? fucking hell dude sort your noggin out

because you don't understand it

Remember that study where that professor got most of his kcal from twinkies or someshit but was in kcal deficit, got lean and had cholesterol indicators etc improved

Fasting is a retarded way of losing fat, you lose muscle too, you need to hit the treadmill or cross trainer if you wanna lose fat. You fat cunts would do anything to avoid running

SOME M-O-D-E-R-A-T-E fasting from time to time has been proven to be very good for the body numerous times. I did it for a few times and it was good - like, going for days on only 1 egg, and some sauer-kraut & slice of cheese a day, literally minimal food intake.

Judging by the complete lack of substance to your posts I think I'm safe in assuming that I know more about fasting than you do. I've also made it abundantly clear itt that I don't 'hate' fasting. Develop your reading comprehension dude. Also, posting an Arno Breker sculpture and accompanying quote about discipline is very amusing to me in light of what I've said already.
>The fatties try their hardest to 'hack' weight-loss
If you were disciplined you would just get on a calorific deficit, exercise and eat healthily. Because you don't have the discipline to adequately do that you resort to an extreme 'hack' to get the job done.

>sauer-kraut
mein nigger

>being fat and eating shit is bad
>being skinny and eating shit is less bad
you blew my mind user

t.brainlet

>calorific deficit
eating less slows your metabolism
>exercise
youtube.com/watch?v=18YymHzV16U
>eat healthly
just cut sugar and keep carbs low until you're ripped

Wait, what kind of lift widens your shoulders?

Asking for a friend.

>eating less slows your metabolism
which somehow magically overcomes thermodynamics? Incredible. If your talking about magical thinking, then yes I probably am a brainlet in that regard. Earlier I said:
>go anywhere online where people discuss IF (keto, whatever) and you'll start hearing shit about how calories in / out is some defunct paradigm lol
And a few posts later you do just that.

>you can exercise fasted
no shit. I never said you couldn't. Again, work on your reading comprehension. I said earlier that that you can't effectively lift heavy or do anything approaching what could be considered athletic while fasted.

>keep carbs low
t. dyel
Also - yeah don't eat veggies! Too much carbs bro. That shit ain't good for you.
Fucking hell man. I fucking told you that people try to hack weight-loss and then you go and prove me correct.

Work on your side delts and your shoulders will look wider lad.

>do anything approaching what could be considered athletic while fasted.
>t. dyel

wow mostly fat people gather at /fast/ generals
>inb4 reading comprehension
then why are you shitting on a method of losing weight that not only works, but cures people and saves them money. are you a jew? they can worry about having that bodybuilder physique later

also

>which somehow magically overcomes thermodynamics?
thats exactly what happens with lankets that "eat all they want and never gain weight" and anybody can do this with just one week of fast

and
>Also - yeah don't eat veggies!
you should
i never said you couldn't
by carbs i meant flour

lateral raises and face pulls

werk those side delts and upper back muscles so your shoulders don't slump forward

Thank you my dudes. Time to do mil presses again.

shit, you actually are a brainlet
maybe if you fast a bunch and cut the carbs you'd get enough brain gains to realize how retarded you were
bet you're fat too

>wow mostly fat people gather at /fast/ generals
>inb4 reading comprehension
haha got me. I did call them all fatties earlier.
>then why are you shitting on a method of losing weight that not only works, but cures people and saves them money
Because people try to make it into some cure-all magic shit. Also, when you major in the minor you lose track of what's important. I have no doubt that it works for losing weight and is healthy - provided you remain in a calorie deficit. If you stuff your face and eat too much (over what is required to lose weight), fasting won't magically pull you out of surplus / maintenance. Look up the method sumo wrestlers use to gain weight. Sound familiar?

>thats exactly what happens
Damn. I didn't realise you were actually retarded.

No, I'm so you bet wrong.
>brainlet
>cut carbs
You realise the brain literally runs on glucose? Maybe if you had a few carbs you wouldn't make such rambling, substance devoid replies. You would probably build some muscle too.

>be me at ~238 lbs, mainly fat, very little muscle at all
>begin IF and occasional multi-day fasts
>drop to 175 lbs, gained some muscle, lost most of my fat but still skinnyfat, wasn't really focused on weight training
>bulk up to 192lbs, gain a shit ton of a muscle and a bit of fat, still doing IF, routinely doing 2 day fasts when deloading
>cut from 192 down to 178, GAINED muscle, LOST fat, down to 9%-11% BF, numbers on all lifts are up
>feel stronger, mentally sharper, and am overall happier than I have ever been
>got promoted at work
>got a gf
>do this all in 1 year

I so dum how i be so dum lol user on Veeky Forums u so smart u teach me how to be fit pls

>Damn. I didn't realise you were actually retarded.
of course calories in calories out
but eat all your calories in one hour and don't eat until the next day for one week and see what happens

the problem is lankets did that their whole lives and think is genetics

only people who say this were once obessed americans.

ok, I still think lanklet 'hard-gainer' types don't eat enough though.

>not broccoli and chicken breast everday.

not gonna make it.

you got nice boobs

OP you raise lots of very valid points. I do believe that fasting is IDEAL for beginners because let's be frank, if you're not using to counting calories and tracking your macros avoiding food altogether is much much easier. That being said, there are certain benefits in fasting that just can't be ignored (like the spike in HGH). Of course, building a whole faith around it is just stupid, except for some retards there are mostly down to earth people on /fast/ though

all me btw

>Look up the method sumo wrestlers use to gain weight
yes i knew about that

all this has been covered by snake man
youtube.com/watch?v=-QcqOV4LBmg

i only focused on fat people because that was me and that's what i've tried so far but he talks about building muscle while fasting too

Got any before/after pics?

This explains a lot about /pol/

Just lose your bodyfat from cardio and chicken w rice, you're gonna lose your lean mass that you worked hard for.