Why did you start lifting?

Personal strength, to pick up women, just as a hobby?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/834Jr96-KPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I started when I realized I wasn't strong enough to pull my biggest squad mates out of a burning car.

I was gonna shoot myself because of depression. A friend told me excercising helps.

My uncle asked me to be his son's godfather - but I had better be able to squat 1.5x bw and deadlift 1.7x.

I went from fat to thin by diet alone and still hated the way I looked in the mirror so I started lifting.

I started just as a hobby but now I train for strength and then aesthetics as a bonus

I was on the verge of driving through a street post so my therapist suggested working out. Now instead of obsessing over people and relationships that’ll put me into depression, I just obsess over myself and the gym. It’s so so much better.

I wanted to lose weight but found that lifting was a lot more enjoyable and motivating than cardio. Fuck, cardio is boring.

Girlfriend of 5 years left me, decided that working out wasn't the worst thing to do with my new free time. I work out every other day now, no real routine tho. Feels good

I broke my arm, it was in a hard cast for 6 months and a plastic, removable one for another 6. had to go to physical therapy to get my range of motion back and they gave me some home exercises to get strength back, wall pushup>girl pushups>normal. i stuck with it and daily exercise became habit.
now im stronger than i ever was before the break even though my tricep looks fucked up when i flex it

I started lifting because I wanted to do pull-ups. Then, I noticed one day that I was easisily able to lift my wheeled trash can over some obsticals because of the strength I gained doing Overhead press. Now I lift to get stronger at everyday things.

every fucking dyel out there has a sob story about how they lift because they couldn't save their best friend or something
fuck you, man

To more effectively crush puss.

Anyone else started lifting AFTER getting a gf?
I managed to find a girl and started lifting because I thought she deserved me at my best. She also made me drop weed almost effortlessly after months of blazing everyday.
I guess I don't care about myself but when others are involved I do care. As a man you're supposed to be more altruistic...

Because I need to have wide shoulders to offset my wide hips

I haven't had it happen yet, and now I won't. I got out ahead of it. Why are you being mean, dude?

I don't like collective sports. I only like going solo.

The sports I enjoy are Olympic gymnastics, swimming, running and lifting.

However, my parents didn't support me when I said I wanted to go for Olympic gymnastics because it's a faggot sport.

Swimming is nice. Once you master the movements it's just about getting faster.

And lifting is just like swimming. Once you master the movements it's just about getting stronger.

Running varies a bit. Once you can run for long enough it's just about managing speed.

They're all somewhat repetitive, but I like lifting the most because it's the most easily measurable, I guess, and it is where you can more clearly see the improvements.

Ah, and the reason:
>to look better
>to be healthier
>not to crush puss because I don't care so much about crushing, but I love getting mired. Also engaged.
>to get mired

unironically for my waifu

studying under Roshi?

Powered by narcissism and narcissism alone

>start drinking heavily at age 13
>do every drug imaginable
>turn 18
>out partying with friends as usual
>driver starts driving off road to scare us
>car goes through ditch and rolls several times
>two of my friends die
>I spend 25 days in a coma, miss their funerals
>missed my fucking prom too, and I had a date
>face broken into 1000 pieces
>spend a year learning to walk and getting my speech back
>after surgery I look pretty normal, only a few scars
>physical therapy gets me involved with lifting weights
>continue lifting weights to fight the depression
>living a completely different life and lifting daily now

To get a gf. Now I'm about ready to dump her because she got in the way of my lifting.

The glory of my race.

this right here

So I could push your fat mom off after we fuck.

The gym is my entertainment. Being a poorfag sucks. tfw you eat rice and beans most days pic related

Hard to explain, but once Trump became president, I knew I had to start lifting. I don't even really understand why. I watched the inauguration then signed up for the gym the following week.

Now you're still depressed but at least in good shape.

women make you self aware. That's why the trolls in this place get so triggered by them

Knockout power, dominating stature, easy pussy

watched jojo

DBZ kept me from becoming fat as a kid

Dad's an ex-cop gym rat so he had me starting in my early teens with weight training.

But now I do it so girls will be impressed when standing-fuck them.

youtu.be/834Jr96-KPs

I don't lift, since it doesn't help me with my boxing and to me that's a waste of workout time.

all of the above really, I don't do shit except work and vidya

this seems unnecessarily cold.

I wanted to look better for my gf and soon to be wife even though she accepted me for the shapeless blob I once was. 1 year and still going strong

t. manlet skeletor. There are two types of boxers Big, but slow heavy hitters and fast, but weak gnats.

this

Gotta be honest feels good

I bet you wear tank tops, bro.

>Knockout power
not getting that from lifting.

>what are genetics
i am naturally big.
cruiserweight, lean, haven't seriously lifted ever.
not that lifting would actually help a smaller boxer, just puts them in a higher weight class.

The only correct answer.

>Ask girl out
>Says yes
>Ask her out for 3 weekends in a row, every weekend she is "busy"
>Hear she was at a party one night I asked her for, call her out on it
>She ignores me
>Tell her I don't want to see her anymore
>She ignores me
>Couple days later she starts messaging me again like nothing happened
>Ask her why if she doesn't want to see me
>Dances around the question
>Not retarded, realize she probably just wants me as an orbiter or feeds off of my attention and probably has at least 5 other guys she does this to
>Got me so mad one night I couldn't sleep and hit the gym
>Have now been hitting it mercilessly
>I was forced to skip a day two days ago because of work and I felt off the entire day because of it
I love this shit. Thank you dumb cunt for sparking something inside of me that only weights can extinguish.

I do a lot of running because it makes my anxiety manageable. One day I sprained my ankle and couldn't run for a while. It felt like an eternity. I had to do something because the anxiety got really bad, so I started lifting. Now I lift and run to manage my anxiety.

Had a bitch try and do this to me, they do this shit all the time.
I think you reacted well, but don't let it get to you so much. Completely ignore her from then on, give her the cold shoulder and move on. Don't even waste another thought on the matter.
True confidence comes from within.

this fucking pic mayne

>Why did you start lifting?
It was part of my coach's training routine, and when I stopped practicing sports I kept at it for fitness.