QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT is dead
long live QTDDTOT

I'm doing boxing 3 times a week and a full body 3 times a week. I'm tired as fuck from it, but will I get used to and will I be able to hit the boxing gym more times a week while keeping the 3 days lifting as my body gets used to it, or is that just an impossible idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/5896518/stop-doing-curls
32parts.com/bone-marrow.html#content
instagram.com/jordan_barbellmedicine/?hl=en
barbellmedicine.com/584-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=9_TsNeX2IXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My uni gym doesn't allow barbell OHP, but I'm pretty sure they allow dumbell OHP. Are they basically the same thing?

>doesn't allow barbell OHP
wut
They're pretty similar though. As with just about all dumbbell movements, you're going to be moving less weight than the barbell equivalent.

Squat fag reporting in again, posted in a few times already, finally got help yesterday (thank you foam roller user, wherever you are) with my hip flexor problem, now have a final one before I can finally start squatting for real. Ankle flexibility.

What are some good stretches I can incorporate, my mobility is shit and can't hit ATG with good form without squat shoes. What time with stretching am I looking at before I can hit the barbell again?

Is the power snatch an acceptable way for a novice to develop power instead of the power clean? I'm tired of hitting my clavicle because of my shitty rack position. Rip says that the clean helps deadlift more, just because the weight involved is higher, but is it really that big a difference? Since the first pull is a very sub-maximal dead lift in either case, why does it matter if you're doing a .4 x instead of .5 x dead lift, when the main purpose is to develop power?

what is that one element that has a super high amount of calories? Need it for a meme

are glute-ham raises enough if you train your quads with heavy compounds? I'm trying to avoid deadlift for now, as I seem to have injured my lower abs and need them to rest

If I'm going to eat a ton of food on Xmas Eve and Day (only days I let myself cheat like that), how do I compensate for it so I don't gain fat? Should I fast the day before and after?

The amount of fat you'll gain from 2 days of eating as much/what you want will be miniscule. If you DO want to do something, I'd say cut carbs very very low for a few days before, or not a single carb the day before kek

I can scarf down 15k during those two days, that's a few lbs.

Will keep carbs down though whether or not I fast before

What is the difference between higher weight and low reps and lower weight with high reps?
60kg x 8 vs 80kg x 6

For a more extreme example, what happens to your body after doing this?
1kg x 100 vs 100kg x 1

And does this vary depending on what exercise it is? Are there some exercises that you ought to deliberately increase weight and decrease reps in order to activate certain muscles?

What can i do for my side delts? Lateral raises feel off no matter the angle i do them

How good are lunges as an exercise?
Should i do them?

I started taking olanzype and I eat like 3 times as much.
I shall finally achieve bearmode.

Be careful. If you are eating low carb right now you will end up bloated for like 1 week.
I will try to fast after. You will be hungry as fuck if you fast too much before xmas.

>be careful
>you will end up bloated
bloating is always postive

So when I was in my teens I had this bully who showed up at my gym yesterday.

He's fat, blond and got fake tan. And apparently knows some taekwondo. He knows a lot more people than I do in my area and he claims to have worked out before.

I saw him bench 175lbs for 6 or so reps and he could do maybe 6 dips. I bench 200 for 4 reps or so and usually do 3x10 weighted dips with 1pl8.

What do I do?

dairy
>enter gym
>walk into weight room
>thots on all three squat frames by entrance
>thots next to squat frames talking
>surrounded by thots
>eyes rolling back
>have to do squats first
>go upstairs to thot only room
>empty
>do squats there

>finishing CGBP
>start pulling off plates
>put one plate on barbell row ive set up
>lifting second plate to put on
>chad walks in with headphones on
>"you finished with that m8"
>"y-yeah yeah"
>"oh just leave the plate on m8"
>"okay"
>"thanks m8"
>he said it too early, he clearly did hear
>walk across the room to get another plate for barbell row

>doing OH dumbbells
>playing on phone between sets
>looking down but notice thot legs walking past to get weights
>my bench is in the corner
>shes came all the way over to the corner to get weights when they're everywhere to get easier than here
>she starts doing barbell rows in the middle of the floor right next to my bench
>still looking at phone
>haven't looked up, just see movement
>look up to see her in mirror
>Goddess -- 10/10 i saw perfect movement earlier on treadmill
>absolutely mindbogglingly perfection of a specimen
>leave

>doing KCC in main room
>sit on comfy leg machine between sets
>through the mirror i notice Chad has walked over to the corner bench i was on
>suddenly i thot is staring at me
>idk wtf
>literally look behind me to see what she's looking at
>nothing
>do another set
>sit down
>look up
>hot thot is looking at me again but getting her jacket on
>wth is going on
>look away but peripheral vision can she her walking towards exit and glance my way

>go home
>trying to get wife to hurry up and sign the court divorce papers before she notices i'm screwing her over
>"i still love you user, you know, i'm keeping your surname" ... "what's the rush?"
>she's literally fucking her work m8 while married and wonders what i'm so bothered about getting divorced for
There's questions in there i need answers to.

If I walk on all fours using a stretche/fingertip pushup posiion will I get good forearms??

probably arthritis or a broken thumb

Just get a stick attach a rope to it and add a weight at the bottom, roll in up with your arms fully extended.

>gawker.com/5896518/stop-doing-curls
thoughts on this articles?
>here is the funny joke on you: big arms don't mean you're strong. Not a bit! Arm muscles, relative to other muscle groups in the body, are paltry. Meek. You want to be strong? Have strong legs, and strong hips, and a strong back, and a strong gluteus maximus. All the things you'd look for on a powerful draft horse, or a sturdy woman to marry and bring back to the farm. These are your big muscle groups. These are the muscles that make you strong, help you pick things up, move things, bodyslam things, hardcore things

Is there some way I can substitute squats with something that doesn't require (or risk, ie no half-ROM squats) full flexion of the knee? One of my knees has a tendency to dislocate with full flexion, which means squats are risky business.
Home gym with limited space and budget, btw, so no huge expensive machines.

thanks for the blog update bitch tits

bodyweight squats

What's the correct order in which to do the compounds? I'm talking all of them (ohp, bench, squat, df, rows) in one day.

Laugh at the fattie with the fake tan and lift more, fggt

My gym is closed for 2 weeks for Xmas stuff and also I hurt my tailbone (coccyx bone) really bad while ice skating so I can't do any kind of exercise for these 2 weeks...

Will this 2 weeks really affect my gains or it wouldn't matter if I go back full of energy?

fuck off cunt, i'm going through a crisis here

was out of the gym for 5 days recently for a mini-hol. Squats were harder but that's about it.

how do I get big glutes?
I want to out-butt meager females

I'm a skeleton that has been boxing 4 days a week for 6 months, what do I need to do to bulk up? Do I need to pause boxing and focus exclusively on lifting?

Yeah but with 3 training days a week, you only missed 2 or 3. In two weeks I think I'll get a little bit rusty but I am more worryed about my injury especially as a huge noob that just got out of the fat zone. Wish you the best user.

How do I kill my sex drive?

>32parts.com/bone-marrow.html#content
browse this site m8

I enjoyed doing a push/pull routine twice per week, but I can only lift MWF now.

If my goal is maintenence, could I do alternating push/pull days MWF?

Get a hobby, one that takes your mind away, start reading captivating books or drawing (doodling is fine as well, just so you focus on something). Except that, be a man and have some control for God's sake.

The weight isn't the issue, the flexion is. I have an unstable proximal tibiofibular joint. Body weight squats are safer, but just as likely to dislocate it. The problem is that it's not just an issue of avoiding necking myself with a weighted bar, it's also that dislocation is retardedly fucking painful and causes the joint to become even more unstable.

I am planning a New Year party with my pals and i suppose we will get wasted. The thing is- I don't drink nor I smoke so how much of an impact would that have on my gains or will it just be another hang over?

It's no so much a lack of control, I just never want to think about sex again

you'll still be able to do upper though with a tailbone injury or is it that bad your fucked? get in a little dumbbell work and go back to the gym full of energy and lift at 80% at first and you should be fine. gl, you're going to make it.

If you can stand up from the toilet without help, you can squat just fine, your technique is what's causing you issue, not flexibility.
You also don't need to go ATG, anything below parallel is proper depth.
You can go forth and squat. Take a video of it and post it if you need help figuring out what you're doing wrong.

read Nietzsche, Goethe, Shakespeare, Pushkin and listen to Classical music. Take up fishing as a hobby. Get off the internet.

If you can nail the technique, that's fine as well. You just want to train explosive movements.

Wait, I'm an idiot. Bodyweight squats seem to work. Thanks.

Order finasteride or dutasteride, it's what you get prescribed if you have lmao sex addiction

Yeah, finally an excuse to skip leg day oance or twice. Thanks user, you really lifted a stone off my chest. One more thing before I let you go- I have been trying to bulk up for the past months, in the mean time while gym is still closed, should I eat a decrese of kcal or should I just eat normal and try to mentain wheight (no more surplus)? We are all gonna make it, we just need to help each other out.

do a calisthenics routine

df, squat, bench, ohp, rows

In that case, don't stress yourself about thoughts... they are just that- neuron impulses. You may find peace and fully control your thoughts one day but until then just chill and ignore them, don't stress too much about it tho. Usually people who try no fap for example fail because they think about not failing in not faping so in a way they still think about masturbation. Just ignore it all together. Hope it helps bro.

you sound determined enough to cut once to get back into the swing of things, i'd just go normal desu.

>df, squat,

always squat first, always.

How do I overcome stalling on ohp? Stuck at 100 lbs and feeling weak.

Yeah, just a little bit annoyed by the missfortune of the situation but I'll make the best of it. Thanks again for the advice and bless QTDDTOT. Have a good night fellow Veeky Forumsizen

I used to always squat first as well, which was great at driving up my squat, but I found that my presses suffered from the fatigue of the squat once I got significantly stronger.
Once I was squatting 3 plate for 5s, my bench/press stalled so I started doing them first and squats following them and it's been much better since I don't spend my entire workout fatigued from the squats.

DYEL here, I'm hitting the gym tomorrow for the first time. I need answers for few simple questions I can't find in the sticky.
1. What would you recommend to do on the first few days? I'm planning to learn squat, deadlift and bench press, work on proper form and figure out my 1RM for each of these exercises. Is that OK?
2. What should I do between sets? I hear some people free their spot for others but that requires changing weights on the bar every time. That makes no sense to me. Is it OK If I just simply occupy the spot until I'm finished with all sets or it's considered rude?
3. I'm unbelievably clumsy person and I'm anxious I will kill myself by barbell slipping from my hands on my neck during bench press. Is it OK to do bench press in power cage so I can have some sort of protection?

Who here can OHP their bodyweight? Teach me your ways. It took me about 2 months(lol) to go from 135x5 to 145x5 and my goal is to OHP bodyweight . I'm 6'1 185 lbs

That was me, honestly just sit into the squat and hold something, my foot position in shoes is different to normal shoes/barefoot

Should I flex/brace my abs while doing compound lifts, specifically squats?

Switch to dumbbells for a few weeks and lift heavy. Then get back to OHPing. You can also increase OHP volume(sets or reps)

I just want one vertical pull in my routine, should I pick Chinups or Pullups? I can do more chins reps. My main goal is hypertrophy so maybe I should I stay with the chins but I want more opinions.

This may seem counter intuitive, but gaining more weight will help drive your OHP up. You just need to make sure that your OHP catches up to your body weight.
That, and by increasing your OHP by 2.5 lbs per session instead of by 5 lbs is good too(assuming you don't already do that).

What's your programming like? What's your recovery like? How are you progressing, trying to add weight each session and hit a certain rep range?
You need to give us more info. The answer could be just, 3 sets of 5 twice a week and more food.

I could take a wild guess on what starting program the author did
Hint SS

I'm doing SS kinda, ABA BAB
A: DL, Bench, Squats
B: Ohp, Squats, Chin/Pull ups

5'11" 165 eating roughly maintenance I think 2kish calories a day

Creating a bigger deficit than usual surrounding the cheat day is what I'm doing. Remember its 3500~ cal to gain around 1~ lb. As long as you aren't legitimately pounding back 7k+ a day it should be manageable or miniscule gain. Also stay dehydrated.

My gym doesn't have microplates so I'm stuck with 5 lbs increments feelsbadman

Recently fucked up left wrist somehow through bench or ohp, wasnt so bad during that day but lately every time i put my bodyweight on that wrist it kinda hurts, what is the way to get wrist strength back so it can stop being a pussy and handle the weight i put it through? Can't be fucking arsed to lose PR bench and ohp due to exams and a slightly injured wrist

Oh I have 2.5 plates at the smallest so increasing at a rate of 5lbs

This may sound shocking, but you need to eat more. You don't have enough mass to do a recomp, that's only useful when you've gained significant weight. If you're doing SS and you're underweight, you should rapidly gain weight in the start, and then teeter off as you progress.

Do what I did and get your own. You can get some from amazon or just order metal washers with 2 inch holes in them from an industrial supply place like mcmaster carr. You're allowed to bring your own plates to the gym, it'll be ok.

Someone want to be a bro and tell me how many tablespoons are in a scoop of MyProtein whey? I brought a bag my mother's house to use during christmas, but I forgot the scoop.

Probably only 2 heaped, measure out 30g If you have a scale

Try getting 1.25 lb plates and using those to progress.

Am I underweight? I thought 165 was kinda where I should be at 5'11".

I actually brought an old food scale I had at the apartment only to find out it was broken when I got to my mom's

I have a very wide frame, but not much thickness. How do I build the thickness of my torso? My back and chest never seem to grow thick, just wide.

cheers for the advice desu, i've been doing my squats first always but cutting a set before deadlifts, what your doing makes sense. I'm at 2 1/2 plate squats and haven't improved on them in months while improving bit by bit everywhere else.

i'd post a vid on here if i knew how to remove my face from the vid because something about my form is off. Get weird pumps in different places every time.

165 is definitely underweight for 5'11"
Feigenbaum is 5'10" and 198 and pretty lean
instagram.com/jordan_barbellmedicine/?hl=en

If I were you, I'd gain weight rapidly until you were 180-190 range, then slow down weight gain and milk out the program till you hit ~200 or until you don't want to gain more weight. Here's a good guide for how you should eat:
barbellmedicine.com/584-2/

Take a video from 45 degrees behind you. We should be able to see what we need to and probably won't see your face.
You may also just need to gain more weight. I hit my 3x5 315 squat probably around 205-210 lbs at 6'1"

1) don't try to figure out your 1rm for anything yet before nailing the form at a "low" weight. Also keep in mind that most jacked guys could barely even lift the bar when they first set foot in a gym. I recommend to work on proper form with only the barbell first, like lift it about 10 repetitions then if that's easy (will be for squat and deadlift) add weight but don't do more than 8-10 reps. The best way to progress in strength is finding your 5-6 rep max then when you can perfectly lift it for 3 sets or so, add weight until it's a good challenge to lift it for a full 5-6 reps for 3 sets. Continue doing that and your gains will be going through the roof.
2. Just sit where you started, if people want to use what you're using they will ask how many sets left. Just tell them how many you've got left and if you like taking longer breaks between sets (i do an average of 5 minutes desu) you can tell them they can lift while you rest + you lift while they rest. Nothing rude about it, you're right, it makes no sense and desu I don't know what you got that freeing up spot statement from.
3. Well if you hold it correctly then there's no way it will suddenly jump out of your grip. Don't do the so-called suicide grip (google it), it's named like that for a reason. Just don't do too high weight (this is why i said 1rm isn't a good idea), go for whatever you can lift up about 5 times, and if you would be close to not being able to push it up, then just try to slowly lower the barbell to your chest, then roll it into your hips and then you can stand up (or just have a spotter). Also keep in mind that at the lowest part of the bench press, the bar should touch about an inch above your nipples, so it wouldn't crash into your neck anyway.

How do I place the fourth plate when I deadlift? It becomes very awkward to put the plate.

>2. What should I do between sets? I hear some people free their spot for others but that requires changing weights on the bar every time.

Is your gym in Shanghai or India?

>tfw skellington but with a 36in~ waist
why even live

How do I get rid of hemorrhoids? I can't afford a doctor.

The internet says they die down in a few days and to eat more fiber so I don't shit my organs out again. I got those little wet pads to put down there. But this stings and feels so shameful. Sitting stings.

It wasn't even from lifting, it was just from a massive shit.

Thank you very much. I feel prepared now. I wish you all the best gains in upcoming year.

How many decades would it take to look decent by lifting hard without dieting or taking supplements, just having a balanced healthy diet?

Are crunches a meme? What can I do instead of crunches?

bad form crunches are meme, good form crunches are gold

>>It wasn't even from lifting, it was just from a massive shit.
Yep, usually how it happens. Docs can't do shit anyway, short of minor surgery to prevent them coming back.

Fibre just helps the obvious solution, not sitting on the shitter pushing your guts out. Only sit down and push if you know you'll get something, and stand up between pushes rather than leaving your asshole hanging out. At the very least, it'll make them less severe.

How do I know if I have good form

How will it take me to see some results from mewing? Doesn't have to be much I just want to be able to anticipate it like a milestone inorder to motivate me. Don't lie be serious pls

youtube.com/watch?v=9_TsNeX2IXo

God damnit you hoes! Why doesn't anyone ever help me?

what type of crunches? kcc > scc > c

There are different types of crunches?

Yes absolutely

Anybody ever use one of these retarded looking ez bars for tricep extensions? Im used to the one with the regular ez bar camber. but this bar is pretty cheap compared to the other standard models.

how to determine calf strain v tear? ran 4 miles after feeling a slap in calf. slight limp, hurts to stand on toes

Why do i lose 500g over night? Where does it go?

You breath/sweat it out.

How do you switch from strength to hypertrophy and back to strength optimally? Don’t want to ruin my strength progress in the future by getting my body used to high volume. Once you do high volume you can’t go back they say.