ITT: dyel detectors

ITT: dyel detectors

>"programming is a meme, do the same weekly routine every week"
>" ________ will fry your CNS"
>"I don't squat because of knee pain"
>"I don't deadlift because of back pain"
>"1-5 reps for strength, 8-15 reps for size" (as if it's that fucking simple)

Other urls found in this thread:

jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/09/27/fatigue-explained/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>browsing Veeky Forums

ok kid

>I dont have to train legs because a do 10 miles a week on a bicycle

>"I'm running a modified [SS/SL/GSLP] routine I found online!"
>"I did SS for 3 months, saw great gains, can final squat 2 plates!"

>pullups and rows are enough for biceps
>squats and deadlifts are enough for core

squats and deadlifts are actually fine if you just want enough core strength for the squat and deadlift and also vertical pressing. but it's not probably not gonna get you a six pack if that's what you mean

>programming is a meme, do the same weekly routine every week
I don't understand.

a "routine" is not the same as a program. your random weekly workout regime is not a "program"

If it's random then you're not doing the same thing every week which is apparently bad. What's wrong with doing the same thing every week if the weights go up?

because as you adapt to the training, variables need to be manipulated to continue to disrupt homeostasis allowing you to make progress. that's why simple, low volume novice programs like starting strength are only for beginners and only sustainable for a few months. once linear progression (what you described) runs out, you need to gradually diversify your workouts, as well as increase volume, to continue the adaptation process
and also most people who make there own routines don't know a single thing about programming, have never educated themselves on the topic, have never read a book about it, and are not qualified to program for themselves because they have no idea what theyre doing

>"As long as my form is good, squatting and deadlifting poses no degenerative damage to your serrated discs or joints."

found the dyel. it's almost like people have been squatting and deadlifting for a hundred years and their discs and joints are just fine. there is literally no credible person in fitness that says properly performed squats and deadlifts are dangerous, you just hate them because you suck at them

>me put massive weight on spine
>me think this no have long term problems

>massive weight on spine
>3pl8 is now "massive weight"

>serrated discs
what are you, a saw?

>american education

>t. listens to broscience instead of actual science
if you think spinal loading is always a bad thing then you have demonstrated that you know absolutely NOTHING about this topic and are therefore not entitled to a misinformed opinion

>hurr bro dont you know man was squatting 300 lbs in nature 3x5, 2 times a week?
>btw hop on the paleo diet for sick gains!!

>t. herniated by 35, knee problems and using a walker by 60

Dyel detected. You get abs from low bodyfat. I would still spend some time on core but not excessive

good argument. you still won't be able to come up with anything in exercise science literature or a credible voice in the fitness industry that agrees with you

how am I dyel I literally agree with you that squats and deadlifts are not great for visible abs

I sqauted and my back clutch burned out, now I can't shift to second gear and I have to make my mc D's runs in the family scootaround, god damn gommies and their serrated dics n shit
t. americane

>"programming is a meme, do the same weekly routine every week"
literally never heard anyone say this. I've seen "programming is a meme, lift whatever the fuck you want, bla bla bla" like ericc bugenhagen
but lifting near 1rm, and heavy compounds like deadlifts, WILL fry your CNS. that's why you can't program like 10 sets of 1 at 100% deadlifts

broscience out of the ass.

>Help me Veeky Forums I think I am overtrained
>Will this be to much for my CNS?

This is true though if you're a beginner.

CNS "frying" is not the primary contributor to fatigue from performing maximal lifts. Your nervous system will be fatigued, but it won't be totally burned out
jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/09/27/fatigue-explained/

>1-5 reps for strength, 8-15 for size"

Higher rep ranges allow you to accumulate more volume quickly, the same way heavier weights allow you to get stronger faster.

Beginners aren't strong enough to sufficiently "fry their CNS." If they aren't progressing, they're not eating or sleeping enough.

but there are so many more variables to consider in the differences between strength and hypertrophy training. removing all the nuance from the issue by boiling it down to rep ranges is the point of the op

>"1-5 reps for strength, 8-15 reps for size" (as if it's that fucking simple)
it's not, but that is still true. try reading up the basics of human physiology

>yfw being roughly 1/2/3/4 for 1RM unambiguously puts you in the top 25% of Veeky Forums
wew...

I never said I disagree with the premise, I only meant that most people only consider the rep range as the difference between strength and hypertrophy training because they don't know any better
I also disagree with the idea that high rep schemes are inappropriate for strength training, but that's a different topic

>hurr bro dont you know man was squatting 300 lbs in nature 3x5, 2 times a week?
Do you shit in the woods too? How many hours have you been outside today? The argument that people don't do this in the wild is not relevant and you're just looking for reason to not be a weak bitch. Not only that, but you're trying to assert your intelligence over us to make yourself better than us. Pathetic.

I don't understand the hate for new lifters.

Before I started lifting, I literally could not do a single push up or lift half a plate on the bench.

Being able to bench one plate was one of the most fulfilling experiences I had.

And these are the same people who all give each other advice. It's the blind leading the blind.

>ameritard
>stick shift

You missed the point. New lifters always think that the modified version of the program made by some random dude on reddit is better than a program made by a dude who's been coaching for decades because it's ~modified~. That, and anyone who actually did SS correctly will probably be squatting 225 in 3 weeks and not 3 months.

Thanks for that link, my understanding was wrong, consider me corrected (and a dyel).

I would avoid telling other people they need to do more reading when it's clear that your own reading comprehension is evidently not good

i don't hate new lifters, i hate the fact that they give advice

Veeky Forums is a culture of the DYEL leading the DYEL

this couldn't be more true

Similar issue, I hate how they don't fucking take advice when they ask for help.

"hey, what's you're workout like?"
>"Look, here's what I do"
t-dyel
>"I'm doing a program called"
t-not dyel

>3 plate squat is weak as shit lol

>That, and anyone who actually did SS correctly will probably be squatting 225 in 3 weeks and not 3 months.
Ripp says most athletes begin at sub 1pl8 squat. The average dyel will take at least a couple months to reach 2pl8 with proper form.

Okay well you should word it better next time. What you said initially can be easily misconstrued as that broscience muscle confusion shit.

It is. I'm at 3pl8 for 3x5 after 3 months of squatting. Even bodybuilders are squatting 5pl8s for 10 to build quads. Lmao3pl8 is only good if your goal is Twink otter mode

you actually have to go lower than parallel for it to be called a squat, buddy

Yeah I gotta say, been going gym a fair while and only half repping faggots hit 3pl8 within their first year, unless they're tubby.

I reached 3 plates in 3 months of training. ATG.

>That, and anyone who actually did SS correctly will probably be squatting 225 in 3 weeks and not 3 months
if you start at 66lbs how does that work out?

It doesn't. Don't listen to any asshole who tells you that you should be lifting any amount of weight after a certain amount of time.

The point is for YOU to get stronger. If you are lifting more weight than you were last time you trained then you are getting stronger.

Don't sit around worrying that you aren't lifting enough weight.

Six Pack is made in the kitchen. Squats and Deadlifts both can and do build strong cores.

Stop talking about things you do not understand.

He said core. Deadlifts and squats are enough for core STRENGTH idiot. Diet creates visible ads

nothing I said there disagrees with what you say. what the fuck why am I having to say this a second time, it's like people don't even read what you post

Do tell Mr Wizard in nature when humans killed an animal how the fuck did they get it home threw real nasty bush much worst than your moms.

Here is the thing you are so wrong it hurts.

>It is. I'm at 3pl8 for 3x5 after 3 months of squatting
fuck
off

no you didn't, unless you do steroids, are a half repping faggot, or think a 10kg plate is a "plate", you're fucking lying

it's not impossible if youre natural. he probably started at an above average weight, gained bodyweight, was a winner of the genetic lottery, probably all 3. its possible, just very rare. I personally finished starting strength linear progression with a 295x5 squat after 4 months, and I also gained 40 lbs of bodyweight

Because sometimes as rare as it is on Veeky Forums I misread what you wrote and apologize.

absolutely. at least there's some shred of sanity on this fucking board.

They are enough for core strength. What they really lack is upper body development. Core specific exercises are mostly a waste of time.

it's motherfuckers like you who give starting strength a bad reputation. kill yourself

for a novice trainee yeah, but a little more isometric ab work can be good for an intermediate/advanced lifter

Well then clearly you started lifting far above where other people start. Most people are squatting sub 1 plate when they first start.

that's literally the same shit that guy said, you inbred mongrel.

Swear to god if one more of you cunts days this I'll deck ya

>Serrated discs
Johnny blackndecker over here

>1-5 reps for strength, 8-15 reps for size" (as if it's that fucking simple)
But that's true.

>mfw I could do 1 plate a couple of weeks into lifting

Nigga you gained at least 25lbs of fat

>things dyels say

your point? at least after that i was strong, looked like I lifted, and no longer 150. mass moves mass, the more you weigh the more force you can produce. that's all I cared about at the time. it was easy to shed some of that fat too later on bc I had more muscle mass

We have our mind made up when we ask for advice, we're just looking for people to agree with us.

I did 1pl8 for reps my first day of lifting you clown.

the point is it's not that simple. there's much more to it than just rep schemes

Now, now, everyone's different

>t. dyel 4lyfe that still can't lift 1pl8

>makes a "ITT: dyel detectors" thread

>point out the obvious that people have different starting points when it comes to the weight they can lift
>somehow that indicates that i dont even lift and can't bench 135 lbs
this fucking place

>that whole fucking post

why are you even here?

there was absolutely nothing wrong with my posts, I have no idea what youre so aggravated over

you

>Dyel detected
Abs are built in the gym and revealed in the kitchen

still haven't pointed out what was incorrect about my initial post

It's more the way you post than what you actually say that makes it clear your a raging degenerate.

then refute what i say, you goddamn mother shit sucking cunt fuck
except you wont. you're intentionally avoiding it because you know I'm right, you faggot cunt fucksack

impressive profanity, user

>bragging about 3x5 squats

LMAOING @ ur life

>"Who's supermang???

dumbell rows with babby weight
the literal dyel exercise

fucking blew my mind the first time I saw someone doing those with tens

>"ab work"
>"plugins"
>referring to single joint exercises as "accessories"

wtf is programming?

Say you start at 95. This is about average if you’re an untrained skinnyfat. You might be able to add 15 the next session, but we’re conservative and just add 10. By Friday, you’re at 115. You add 10 a session for the next 2 weeks, so by end of week 3, you’re at 175. You then add 15 a week thereafter, which gets you to 220 by week six, 265 by week 9, and 310 by week 12.

Most of the people who ‘modify’ SS don’t realise you’re supposed to take significantly larger jumps for the first few weeks. This is one of the main reasons why people who do SL and greyskull have stunted progress. Even dudes who start relatively weak can manage 10 on the squat and 15 on the deadlift for at least the first week or two, some can even go higher if their starting weight was low because of a technical issue etc. Some bigger, heavier guys can manage 15 and 20 for at least one or two sessions.

This post is a DYEL detector

Go Jerk off to anime you fag. Go to another thread and shitpost, there are actually some solid discussion going on here.

>a winner of the genetic lottery
>on Veeky Forums
how bout no

I really like serrated discs for my weapon traps. Always fun to see the little goblin-parts fly around the map when they try to sneak into my trade depot