How long did it take you to realize that Veeky Forums knows absolutely nothing about fitness?

how long did it take you to realize that Veeky Forums knows absolutely nothing about fitness?

this place is literally a bunch of 20 somethings who are totally unqualified to give advice giving advice

Yes

outside of /plg/ with few exceptions you're right

London
o
n
d
o
n

> unqualified to give advice giving advice

Lol you just now realized that?

I realized that years ago, i'm just asking you boys

/n/ is also pretty good.

>this place is literally a bunch of 20 somethings
You're being too kind. It's more like a bunch of too-edgy fat foreveralone teenagers who just come here to troll, and learn by rote the same shit that the rest of the trolls know, so it becomes one big echo chamber of trolling.

If you want real information on lifting and fitness, never come here, and do your own research. Or just go to a library, anything in a book someone has to own up to writing, not so on the Internet or especially this place.

Veeky Forums is for memes and trolling and anons bullying other anons, not ever anything serious.

this. I'm only here for the memes and to see how many noobs will fall for the bad advice

yuru yuri was a good show

examples of bad advice? most advice here is pretty solid

i come here hoping to see the good .5% of this board. take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

you really have to ask? I'd say roughly 99% of advice given here is not worth following. Just open any thread and you'll see

give examples

it would take hours to type up such a long list. Also it's not my job to educate you. If you're dumb enough to believe that most advice given here is solid then you deserve to fall for whatever meme recommendations this board throws your way

You're an idiot if you don't google things people say here to see if it's legit or not. That said, there's some solid advice here. The trolling is usually pretty obvious to me.

>ss is a meme bro
>1-5 for strength 8-12 for hypertrophy
>carbs make you fat
>nofap for test boost

fasting is the new meme

Ive gotten pretty good results so far. I'm better off than if I had not visited fit.

-5 for strength 8-12 for hypertrophy
but generally speaking thats true

>meme
I fasted for 3 days and I never felt better in 10 years also it totally killed me hunger. I could eat one meal a day and don't feel like eating anything else for the rest of the day unlike cutting which is the real meme.

>1-5 for strength 8-12 for hypertrophy
But that's true, post body fitness guru.

>implying any of that isn't true

You sound like a fat chronic masturbating sad cunt, you should probably go back to plebbit.

The issue is so much more nuanced than that

how so

no step on snek

>SS is shit
>those rep ranges are correct, although both will be fine for hypertrophy, lower reps build strength better
>carbs are easier to eat more of, so if youre a retarded fatty who cant count calories its good to cut them out
>nofap is good for mental clarity, idk about any test boost nonsense because im not a low test beta like you
so fuck off

other things/variables to take into account when programming for hypertrophy:
Total volume
Intensity
Tonnage
Exercise selection
Work capacity
Fatigue management
Recovery rate
Time available to train
Periodization
Auto-regulation

it's so much more than just "high reps instead of low reps" And the idea that you should never do anything less than 8 reps when training for hypertrophy is wrong too

>ss is shit
not if youre a noob wanting to get strong it isnt. which is precisely who its for

A substantial chunk of it is also just thinly veiled homosexuality.

and that is a bad thing how?

>how long did it take you to realize that Veeky Forums knows absolutely nothing about fitness?
When that recent poll showed that like 90-95% of Veeky Forumsizens have a sub-300 Wilks.

For how much this board obsesses about the PL lifts, you'd think it wouldn't be full of DYELs.

when i saw bulking and milk and SS and fat people on here constantly, homosexuals in every single thread

thats because most of this board are noobs who don't give a shit about strength because they have some delusion that "aesthetics" will help them get girls

I only come here for motivation and for the babes. Veeky Forums is probably the best board on the site for SFW pictures of women.

Only a fool would take anything on Veeky Forums seriously.

Supplement threads where everyone is taking over a hundred dollars of meme snake oil shit every month, but those same people would never dare to use actual roids

Routine threads where teens do retarded bodypart splits

>DNP threads
Pure shitposting by fatties who would rather take poison than stop eating.

>CBT,
Needs to be perma banned, because it's /soc/ shit, and all the posters are either delusional or fake natties that get butthurt when they get called out on it

>Vegan threads.
Enough said. 100% pure shitposting. Why these are not immediately deleted on fit and ck is beyond me. They are bait threads disguised to be content threads

I fasted for 2 days and lost 5lbs. A lot of that was water weight but still, I didn't gain it back.

are you insinuating bro-splits don’t work nigger?