Butt wink

Has anyone successfully fixed this shit???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nEQQle9-0NA
youtube.com/watch?v=zm2jXwbkPoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if pic related is anything to go by then ankle flexibilty will help

Ankle dorsiflexion
Bigger breath
Stronger abs
Stronger legs
High heel shoes

Yeah hold your core tight during the move also stretch your hips out.

If I got no where to sit except the floor I always sit in a squat like this. So I've never had a problem but I'm sure being loose down there with stretches will help.

work on ankle flexibility or loosen up your hamstrings. maybe do some core work too

A "fix" is going to depend on what's causing it as well as how bad it is.

For some people it's enough to simply posteriorly tilt the pelvis a little bit before descending. This way the pelvis won't have to move as you near the bottom of the squat, because it's already tucked under to begin with. You don't want to overdo this though, as it'll put your low back into too much flexion then.

If the wink happens due to poor hip mobility, then this lack of hip mobility is usually your brain locking you down due to one of the following:

1. Poor balance
Fix this by doing goblet squats. These give you some counterbalance. While in the bottom of the goblet squat, practice curling the weight slowly down and up again without losing your position. You will feel your balance being challenged as you lower the counterweight. Work towards being able to actually place the weight on the ground without losing position. This may take some weeks. Note that as you progress this, you actually start with a heavier weight and work towards a lighter weight (less help).

2. Poor anterior core activation/bracing strategy
Any sort of anti-extension ab exercise works here. You can do regular planks and focus on exhaling completely. As you force your lungs to empty, you will feel an intense ab contraction. This will give you stability and unlock your hips.
You can also do what's called a "crunch squat". It's basically a goblet squat where you squeeze the weight as hard as possible between your palms while holding it in front of your chest. Squeezing your hands together like this will light up your abs.
Unlike a lack of balance, increased ab activation can be an instant fix, so try this first.

cont.

3. Poor breathing strategy
This is also an easy fix. If you breathe into your stomach, this will limit how far you can descend without flexing your back. Once again, do a goblet squat. Go down as far as you can maintain a flat back. Then breathe out slowly and feel how this lets you sink deeper. While in this new deeper position, stay there and practice breathing into your upper back and low back for a while.

It's also possible that your hips are limiting you not due to regular mobility issues, but because of anatomical structure. In this case you will need to play around with your stance. Try wider, more narrow as well as various degrees of toe out. Also please realize that a proper squat is NOT just folding together. Rather, you sort of put your ass down BETWEEN your legs, not on top of them. Imagine your ass is a hammock between two trees (your legs).

You may also lack ankle dorsiflexion.
You can work on this either with self-myofascial release or even just by doing slow deep calf raises before you move on to squatting. You can also look into banded mobilizations if it's really bad.
Alternatively you can mask the issue using weightlifting shoes or by placing something under your heels.

There you go, 10 years of trouble shooting in 2 posts.

PS. It's going to take practice, user.

Literally just have your knees go past your toes when squatting.

Literally just stop doing it retard

The butt wink happens when your anterior muscle chain take the load off the posterior muscle chain,therefore back is relaxed and your spine bends forward.
How to fix this? Work your back muscles,especially the ones in the lower back.

None of this is correct. Not even close.

Why are you just making shit up, user? Go to bed.

I keep trying

> lumbar pain

> leads to sciatica for 4 months

t. retard who doesn't understand simple biomechanics

>provides no argument to back up his claim
>calls people who don't believe him retards
>posts picture meant to back up his claim but really does no such thing
I think we all know who the retard is

Pal, what you're posting is a textbook example of why just a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

If your body is using your spinal erectors for extension instead of stabilization it is trying to make up for a weakness in the legs

Most of the time the problem is mobility anyway

Its more related to mobility of hip and form. Your picture is only relevant when those two things are not a problem anymore. Dont give advice if you have just read SS and squatted less than 3 months

>simple biomechanics
Yeah, it's not that simple. At all.

There is literally nothing wrong with buttwink.

Until you put weight on it, then it's snap city.

yeah i fucked your mum and she said wink my cock in her butt XD

>Its more related to mobility of hip and form
>Your picture is only relevant when those two things are not a problem anymore
The muscles control the movement of the hips you dumb motherfucker.If there's a problem with the movement,in 90% of the cases it's from poor or no activation of the muscles responsible for that movement

> Dont give advice if you have just read SS and squatted less than 3 months
Try again when you learn biomechanics

Youre all faggots, your hamstrings are too tight
If you stretch your hammies properly before squatting there'll be no butt wink

>back breathing

Absolutely God-tier

>Veeky Forums niggers argue like apes about what should be the easiest thing on Earth to correct for beginners
lol just flex your abs and take a big gulp of air, keep your chest up and only use weight you can balance with. simple. you’ll become more flexible and stronger with time and you slowly, every so slowly, work your way up to big lifts. people rush their way to 3-4 pl8 squats without fixing this like animals and then hurt their backs

most likely these, if you feel comfortable when you brace you aren't doing them right. even on bw squat when i brace for 10s continuously i feel like passing out. i disagree with the user on glute sandwiching though since I'm a short stance squatter

I warm up with dynamic stretches for 15 min, do all of these, and still can't fix it. And that's regardless of weight, it happens with fucking 1pl8, and I deadlift 4.5 for reference. Oh well, I haven't squatted for 2 weeks now because it was actually leading to lower back pain in daily life, probably never squatting again

bahaha look at this dood

...alright man careful now

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Is this a full squat? My legs are really unflexible, Ive been it all my life. Especially in my right leg because I have OSD Schlatters. It's really fucked up...

Buttwink isn't real. That's the natural pattern of the body.

If you try extra hard to keep your ass sticking out at the bottom of a squat then you put a ton of pressure on your lower back.

faggot.

Fucking lost

You made me laugh like an autist

if you squat like that you will bu purchasing a one way ticket to snap city

step 1: move your knees out
step 2:tense your back
step 3:get new genetics because your torso is like half the size of your legs lmao

seriously though, widen your stance, stretch your hips, READ THE FUCKING STICKY, your feet are fucking curling inwards, I've seen people call a squat the "asian" squat but this shit is pathetic

I straighten my back when I squat with weights of course, but for some reason I feel the pain in my back after i've done squats and the days after. I usually squat with 85kg on my shoulders. I will work on my form.

I don't give a fuck about the lenght of my legs, I bet I'm much taller than you...

>I don't give a fuck about the lenght of my legs, I bet I'm much taller than you...
you just completely ignored what I said, you dont even know anything about anatomy and your squat looks like shit, i'm not the one getting back pain after squatting so if you dont want to listen to advice then just fuck off with your internally rotating feet

Is my form still shit

cant really tell from this angle but looks like your knees are folding in

anyway as i said, your legs are too long for your torso so you will always squat awkwardly, looks better though

Can you push your knees forward at all?
You’re definitely going to want some sexy high heeled lifting shoes

ignore those other guys your biggest problem are your fucked up feet. they collapse inward which makes you knees fall inwards too.

if you dont fix them you will get knee and hip problems down the line

Ya stop doing high bar like a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=nEQQle9-0NA

High bar is a true squat. Ahow new are you?

>stop doing high bar like a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=zm2jXwbkPoI

not even trying, watch some rippetoe and alan thrall, though its useless, you clearly lack muscle stability and ankle mobility

How stupid can you get, user?

Left is literally doing a 'high bar' with lowbar form, right is doing lowbar with proper lowbar form.

High bar squat need ankle mobility and a strong core, otherwise you end up doing high bars like a retard.

Safety bar squats helped with it.

>if you don't squat the way I do it's not a REAL squat
kys faggot

this is god-tier advice, I recently started actually progressing my squat after years of losing confidence and resetting form over and over due to buttwink/pelvic movement and basically every single one of these tips in combination has fixed my issues. great post user

repeated flexion of L5-S1 (sacral vertebrae dont flex, this disc takes most of the brunt of buttwink-style flexion) under increasingly heavy loads for thousands of reps, year after year, absolutely must take a toll, theres no way round it. squatting style, weight lifted, genetics and low back prehab all play a part in whether you get hurt but you cant deny the structural stress to that area that buttwink causes

He's right though.
Low bar is more of a "stick you ass out abit" movement, than a squat.

I never said anything about any pics. You are a driveling monkey.