Fit btfo?

Fit btfo?

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/depression-and-exercise/art-20046495
health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/exercise-is-an-all-natural-treatment-to-fight-depression
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/
time.com/4966319/exercise-depression-study/
tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/qvjbqp/you-cant-cure-depression-exercise
youtube.com/watch?v=IuYhQsaUslI
youtube.com/watch?v=1O8of4OH3HU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good old Vice, the monolith of unbiased journalism

>vice

>Those heartwarming essays about how running is Prozac are bad.
What on God's green earth was meant by this?

>how runnin is prozac are bad
Hwat?

Cracked, vice, buzzfeed, all cancer

The physical act of running may not do it, but finding a hobby that is fulfilling sure does

Exercise works for mild depression only. This isn't breaking news.

>t. prozac user

>those heartwarming essays about how running is Prozac are bad

What did they mean by this?

Also lmao at these gain goblinz, it's probably one of you fuckers trying to stop any competition from forming.

>Will this one basic exercise completely fix all my mental health issues
no
>Will changing my lazy, sedentary lifestyle to a more active way of life, focusing on health, while making friends with healthy people improve my physical health
yes

Vice is garbage. Of course simply working out won't cure your depression. Living a healthy life while being surrounded by supportive people does help. If you have actual neurological issues, then antidepressants may be necessary.

i cured my depression by losing weight and lifting.
stopped smoking and drinking too while at it.
so go fuck yourself vice.

those heartwarming essays about how "running is Prozac" are bad

i.e. claiming cardio magically fixes mental illness is fucking stupid and dangerous

"Running is Prozac" are bad. Yes they forgot to put punctuations, but come on guys, use your brain

idk man, it's also possible your depression lessened and you took advantage of that

No, what they forgot is the word "like". "Running is prozac" means nothing.

working out is good for mild depression that stems from being unhealthy or sitting around the house all day. Can't really fix clinical depression or depression stemming from something else.

>"Running is Prozac" are bad.
This still doesn't make any sense.

Do you often struggle to infer meanings from words? :(

There's no alternative to prescription medication goy

it works, that's the point.
i usually don't like to point this out but lifting and running is free and (((Vice))) want's you to spend money on drugs.

>punctuations

The reason it's confusing is because nobody says "running is prozac." That's not a thing. People say running/exercise can help with depression, but nobody says that running is prozac or any other kind of SSRI. It makes no sense and is just in general a stupid statement.

This sounds like a nigger wrote the article. Thats the only explanation. Only niggers fail to use words in such a fashion as this.

people talk like that all the time

"omg this icecream is crack"

"omg this coffee is meth"

>implying niggers are people

i am not around niggers so no.

Again, you're thinking of "X is like crack". I've never heard anybody say "X is like meth" though.

Thanks, I don't use any medications, and I don't read magazines or watch TV (where I'm likely to see a Prozac commercial) so I didn't know what Prozac was. Still though, the way it was worded is strange

geez they are going full retard it seems

it's true, working out doesn't do shit although appearance might help depending on why you're depressed. But treatment with ssri's is the most soul-killing thing imaginable, it just masks the issue until your self-expectations for your shitty life are lowered.

>cant cure
that feel when not depressed at all anymore, everyone who reads vice should just kys themselves for bringing themselves under the influence of brainwashers

Don't know about Burgerland but the mainstay treatment for Mild - Moderate Depression in the UK is
>General measures (Sleep, Exercise, Diet)
+
>Low intensity psychosocial intervention e.g. CBT

And it works pretty well without having to resort to drugs. Will exercise alone treat depression? No. Does it form a part of good treatment regime for Mild - Moderate depression? Yes.

hi vice

There's a different between idiotic people saying stupid shit and titling an article as if something is a common saying. I've never heard anyone claim ice cream is crack, but LIKE crack. I've never heard any claims that exercise has similar properties to SSRIs either. It doesn't fit. Anybody I've ever heard claim anything similar makes a point that it's nothing at all like an SSRI, and that it helps in a more natural way. Again, it's a stupid statement made by an idiot and you're fucking stupid for defending it.

What the fuck happened to Vice? Remember when they did shit like that North korea documentary and the debt collector documentary? Where did it all go so wrong?

>omg this coffee is meth

It will soon occur to the american public that being in a state of not happy, does not mean that you are sad, and that claiming to be christian while consuming Jewish media and supporting Jewish usury is impossible. I hope this day comes soon.

The day of the rope draws ever near brother.

This laxative is niggers.
I think I am finally getting it!

this guy's got it all figured out

DON'T WORK OUT GOYIM, BUY OUR (((MEDICINE)))

Of course, since running is good for you and Prozac is awful.

holy fuck is this dude for real?

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE

YOU ARE POWERLESS

TAKE THESE (((PILLS)))

Yes, goyim, buy these mind-altering chemicals instead of leading a healthy lifestyle

As someone with severe bipolar disorder: fuck medication

Some of it works wonderfully but it's so unatural and you really can overcome most things with your mind... But he thing is normie IQs have almost no hope of culminating that type of mental prowess. All the racemixing and technology poisoning people is just ending all hope.

Improving yourself and competing won't make you happy goyim.

Go get woke and smoke some weed and watch cartoons and get a black gf and eat some sugar and watch queens slay in Star Wars.

nah that's not how people talk where I'm from.

all I'm thinking of is your dad's tight hot arse

They're right, don't lift, just be a weak male instead. You voted Hillary, right?

>these heartwarming essays [...] are bad
I'm confused.
Are the essays good or bad?

>heartwarming essays
>mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/depression-and-exercise/art-20046495
>health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/exercise-is-an-all-natural-treatment-to-fight-depression
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/
>time.com/4966319/exercise-depression-study/
>Vice in charge of journalism

>unironically posting a vice article

Goy you are sick with an incurable illness. Buy these expensive pills that totally don't fuck you up, that's the only way you can get better. There is no other alternative

> How running is Prozac are bad
What did they mean by this ?

Did anyone ever say that you can cure MDD by working out? All I've ever seen anyone say is that working out boosts your mood.

Really activates those almonds

What’s CBT user?

You can tell a nigger tweeted this. There is no context for what they are referencing("those heartwarming essays") and it uses the english language very poorly using a consumer based lens("How running is prozac are bad"). Niggers can only view the world through the products they purchase.

And prozac not only doesn't work for sever depression it makes your entire life worse and causes permanent psychological damage.

This is on record.
This is a fact.

Depending on how it's slanted that article was probably written to shill depression meds.

good one m8, now nobody will think that kikes are fucking shit up for the sake of profits

“Running is Prozac”
What a stupid way to phrase a title. No one says “running is Prozac.” People say that running is better that Prozac because it’s 100% true. Prozac is a dumb pharmaceutical and if you take it I really hope you don’t breed. Depression is not a disease, it’s a symptom of your shitty life.
>inb4 “I just ran and I’m still depressed”
Yeah no shit, because you didn’t fix your life in one run, you have to put in more effort than that

I found the original article if you can even call it that.
tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/qvjbqp/you-cant-cure-depression-exercise

cock and ball torture

as someone who had to deal with severe bipolar fuckwits off their medication, take your damn lithium.

cognitive behavioural therapy.

yeah, don't do anything productive goy. Better stay at home, get obese, watch our (((tv shows and movies))), fuck up your endocrine system, fuck up ur metabolism and throw your hormones out because there is nothing you can do about having a case of the blues. Certainly, don't do any exercise which releases endorphins naturally. Just feel sorry for yourself, goy. Because ur powerless and need our (((meds))) and (((psychiatry))) to live.

>take your damn lithium.

>vice

And keeping yourself in good shape = being healthy and attractive

MOMMA GIB MILKIES

That's not what depression is. Depression =/= unhappiness. It is a chemical imbalance which disallows you brain to transmit 'things that should make me happy' into 'feelings of happiness.'
t. Someone who uses zoloft after trying literally every naturally remedy under the sun including exercise but didn't see anywhere near the benefit I got from my very first dose

I've tried going off it a bunch of times and the closest I ever got was getting down to 25mg a day when I was doing keto. But I missed sweets and stuff so that didn't last more than 9 months.

>chemical imbalance meme
please show me what a neurotypical chemical balance looks like

They do this to the music from the opening of ghost in the shell: youtube.com/watch?v=IuYhQsaUslI

Me too. But that's all vanity he further you him the law of diminishing returns appears in all materialistic things on earth. You can devote your life to lifting, keep chasing goals but it's all fleeting as soon as you stop and think about the bigger things in life.
Who are we?
What is our purpose?
Here is where Jesus Christ comes in anons. Jesus is the ultimate alpha male, he wasn't a faggoty feminist sissy that the (((media))) portrays him as. Read the Bible (king James version I prefer) and see what is really like and realize he is our Lord and Savior.

Legitimate retardation.

Okay, then maybe it's spiritual. The point is that its not just "my life is shit and i'm ugly so I'm sad." It's "For some reason today, all of a sudden, My beautiful wife's smile doesn't make my heart skip a beat. My beautiful children's laughter doesn't make my heart swell. My favorite music grates on me. My favorite shows have lost their luster. My favorite activities seem pointless. Did I ever find this fun? Enjoyable? I'm just gonna lie here for a bit until I think of something that will make me feel something. ... Maybe nothing will make me feel something. I hope I just die here. Maybe I should just kill myself."

They are two different things and the cause is beside the point. It's clear to me, who actually has experienced depression, that it has an intrinsic cause that all the non-pharmaceuticals in the world only had a slight effect on (again, except keto which was fantastic). Depression =/= sadness about life. It's bone deep inability to get happy with the stuff that makes you, personally, as a unique person, happy from day-to-day. The fulfilling stuff stops fulfilling you. It's like a drought.

>bold

Why is anyone defending the poorly written title?

This. This. This. Poor writing on their part.
You don't use a phrase like that, especially if it's got you merging "is" and "are," which respectively signal singular and plural.

>is just in general a stupid statement
This is the bottom line.

The confusion had very little to do with you not knowing about prozac. Even those who know what prozac is had to rethink what it was trying to say, because like you said, the wording is strange.

Meanly put, but not inaccurate.

Now that I'm done with this, time to actually read the article. What an awfully written title. Yes, I mad about it. I figured you need an English degree to start writing, or at least a journalism one, and it's annoying when the language used fails to make sense to even those with a good grasp of the English language. The irony, though, is that it probably made more sense to those who speak as noted here: . But even then it wasn't used the same way.

I remember when Vice was good and just did straight up gonzo about goat-fucking spics.

>endorphins don't real!
T-thanks

Vice is good though

>Be white supremacist
>Be retarded
The author is white you fucking idiots now go back to your containment board where you cry about Jerome banging your ex

>no punctuation
>run-on sentence
Looks like I found the nigger!

>>Be white supremacist
>white supremacist

>enjoying cardio

cardio causes depression

From the article:

The basis for these claims isn't exactly bullshit. Exercise is great for people with compromised mental health, just as it's great for pretty much anyone. The problem begins when people conflate unpleasant symptoms or emotions with chronic, diagnosable disease. If you're healthy but experiencing markers linked to various mental illnesses—fear, sadness, numbness, trouble concentrating, stress—that sucks also and I'm not here to belittle them. But it is important we clarify that what may be sufficient treatment for someone exhibiting those symptoms alone— like exercise—is almost never sufficient for someone with a chronic disease.

Remember guys, a headline's not an article.

youtube.com/watch?v=1O8of4OH3HU

But no one ever said that running will fix all your mental problems. This article is retarded.

Who on earth has ever said that exercise is a 'cure' for mental illness? Nobody has even said to anybody diagnosed with clinical depression 'just run/lift bro and that'll do her'. Exercise helps, that's a fact, but nobody has ever claimed it would cure someone's illnesses.

you guys are stupid

based gib poster

>The author is white
writes like a nigger

I can guarantee you those bold gender neutral are all males.

Yeah, a bunch of lesbians walking around with lasers in their butts doesn't sound like a Trump "protest"

>No actual argument
>Just more racist ranting
Looks like I found the /pol/tard!

Vice articles make a lot more sense when you look at it through the lens of "what articles could you write that would do the most damage to Western Civilization?"

I actually unironically enjoy Cracked

>Just more racist ranting
It's not even about anything at this point.
It's just mindless racist blather to enforce racist ideals at this point.
Helps push the narrative.

It should read white men can't cure depression by working out
why not got he extra mile and be more transparent