Should I do Boxing or Kickboxing?

Should I do Boxing or Kickboxing?
BJJ is too gay for me and there are no good Muay Thai gyms in my area.

Boxing
>cheaper
>more likely to have better coaches
>easier to get the hang of

If you are flexible though and kick above the hip maybe do kickboxing

BJJ may be gay, but try MMA so you can focus on standing up AND grappling.

Out of the options, boxing is certainly GOAT, can score some sexy latinas too that hang out in boxing gyms

>tfw 1 out of every 5 girls that train in MMA are cute

Not sure about boxing gyms though so I'll take your word for it

Whatever you have more passion and interest for. Don't do a martial art because someone tells you, that's the fastest way to get your ass kicked.

I train MMA and Boxing, boxing tends to attract more minority chicks, hbb latinas and hbb black chicks

MMA tends to attract white womyn

the same way styles make fights, styles can make you more or less attractive. I'm tall and lanky and turn a lot more heads when I'm throwing kicks than when I'm grappling if you namsayin

Amazing that in a sport where your face tends to get fucked that the girls just aren't that attractive

Most of the girls don't even compete or spar

>Boxing
Though I train in Muay Thai, I'd say boxing's better just because of gym availability.

Who's got the fight style ranking chart that's been floating around? Help this guy

I have this

kickboxing

Good chart.

Was thinking about the one a few weeks back that was yellow and in a list. For some reason I didn't download it.

Mama Mia. That's the thing. Thanks a bunch user!

This should help.

dubs for truth, I'm the user from earllier that boxes and does MMA and I'm confident that my boxing bases will work wonders when I start competing this summer

as someone who trained kyokushin, judo, kick and bjj, i can agree 100% with this graph

Boxing.
It still attracts normal working people and not coping meatheads

Most MMA ppl agree that wrestling is still THE base for keeping people off of you and controlling distance/position once you lock up, which is what you'll need to do in a self-defense situation. Calling it "nothing special", along with half the other things in the list as he gets further down just proves that this dude got sleepy/tired half way through his rundown and stopped giving a fuck.

good luck once your run across one of these new fucks whose distance is about a foot away from you ala Yair, Connor, Darren Till etc. they're in the lower promotions/amateur ranks m8.

>you can become good at boxing in just a few months of training
Where did you fuckwits get the idea that if you don't kick, it's suddenly super easy to become a good fighter? I mean, I agree boxing is great, but the reason why a good boxing coach will just pop out a shitload of good young fighters is because they have them grind every day for 3 to 6 hours a day, doing really hard sparring. You do that with kickboxing or anything really and you'll become good as long as your teacher is good, and there are probably more bad boxing coaches than there are bad kickboxing ones.

Nah. kickboxing is too tied in with "fitness" most places. Boxing guys are boxing guys at least.

Where I am, fitness boxing coaches are everywhere and you can never tell them apart from the real deal until you start training with them.

I was training under a fucking WORLD CHAMPION and doing fitness stuff until I asked him to teach me real boxing and got the shit beat out of me by an old man with alzheimer's

Except that wrestling is gay as fuck

You know what's gay? Thinking you're a bad dude only to get taken down and get dominated, crying as you're completely defenseless. I'll take a bit of accidental dry humping over the possibility of that ever happening.

>krav maga
>A tier

Did you even read that description?

kek do you know how easy it is to double leg a brainlet striker? In 2 seconds all of your training is worthless

It's a meme. If you want to be trained in full contact environment, then go to an MMA gym. The brainlets you train with at a krav maga facility have no authority to teach anything

I do BJJ, but Id say go for kickboxing. Teaches you the fundamentals of striking with your fists, along with proper kicks

I have a good BJJ base, nothing to right home about, but certainly good at defending takedowns and avoiding subs

I'm also 6'5 with an 82" reach if that changes anything lmao, most heavyweights in ammys are fatass fans

I would like to add even if you go to a semi serious boxing gym there's a good chance you will be able to find someone worthy to spare against. Even if you put years into kickboxkng or bjj you won't get much sparring soccer moms and old guys

I was talking your ineffective boxing distance verse a flurry guy like Till, not submissions or takedwons. Getting kicked in the head.

Didn't know you were a heavyweight. That changes things. Ngannou here we come brother. Good luck (that was legitimate btw not shit eating).

I am literally playing the powerball so I can move to NYC, train with Marcelo and that Combat Sambo guy full time, throw in some Muay Thai at the Wat here and there, and become the greatest man who ever lived.

As of right now I literally know nothing. But I've got it all planned out.

I never understand how people vouch for Krav Maga as real shit. From my experience (boxing, BJJ) only moves you can repeatedly practice in live sparring are liable to work because you learn to set them up against a guy that is actively trying to turn the situation in his favor. You can't train "deadly" eyegouging and groin strikes because they'll cause too much damage to your sparring partners IF they work. Conversely, if those moves fail in a real fight due to your opponent not reacting how you want, you're FUCKED because you never learned how to cleanly transition out of these failed moves IN SPARRING.

"Deadly" attacks tend to be desperate attacks. Rather than spending your time practicing them, you're better off sparring conventionally so that you're not put in desperate situations.

Thanks brother! Honestly I could see myself cutting to 205 no problem (walk around at 240 but my bf% went up this semester), but 205 is even thinner in the ammies than it is in pros

Will be posting sparring videos and/or training vids as I get ready for my fight.

Sorry for the confusion, we're all gonna make it brah!