Can a beginner do pplpplx? Why/why not?

Can a beginner do pplpplx? Why/why not?

currently doing pplpplx 2 months into lifting, im telling you now only do it if you have a lot of time in your hands and youre not interrupted with other things

Why? Its only 1 hour per day right?

I’m doing it and I’m not even at 1plate bench yet. Fuck the rules mate. I want six days of pain. I just did legs2: squats deadlifts and rack pulls.

Do whatever you want, if it doesn't get you results that you want you can always come back and make a bunch of posts calling it a meme program.

>Can

Yes. Should? No. Your primary goal as a noob should be to get as strong as possible, so that after your noob gains wear off you've got a great foundation to build from. A PPL split is too much volume for a noob, not in the sense that you'd make no gains, but in that you won't make the best gains. Even if you only did bench/OHP, deadlifts, squats, bench/OHP, deadlifts, squats, rest. It's still just not enough time for your body to recover adequately and you'd stall out quicker and be adding less weight to the bar than if you did a beginner program.

Do SS w/ accessories or Veeky Forums's version Greyskull for 6 months and then fuck around with whatever split you want and see what works for you.

I have a couple friends who are fairly new to lifting that did a PPL instead of a more traditional full body beginner program. It seems that they have a hard time increasing their strength on the main compound lifts, even if they’re gaining weight.
Seems to me that all the volume a standard PPL entails distracts from progress on your big lifts (both physically and mentally). Additionally, if you start with a PPL it can prevent you from seeing the true value of a minimal, full body routine. My newbie PPL buddies are way too caught up in the emotional aspect of working out and practically refuse to do any less volume or switch to full body.

Who cares just do to the fucking gym and keep going you cuck

Yes yes yes

Protip: routine doesn't matter nearly as much as actually just going to the fucking gym and lifting until you're spent. That and diet are all you need.

The idea that ‘program doesn’t matter and as long as you lift, eat, and sleep consistently you will make gains’ is a toxic mentality. Yes you will “make gains”, but they will not be anywhere near as fast or quality as doing so with a good program suited to your needs. Just as nearly everyone will agree that a 5-day bro split is a shitty idea for a natty, a PPL is not a good idea for a beginner.

Sure you can, but just remember that as a beginner your number 1 priority should always be learning proper technique for the bench, squat, deadlift, OHP, and bent over rows.

Learn proper technique for those big heavy compound movements and make sure you’re progressing on all of those lifts. After about a year or two you should hit 1/2/3/4 and have a good strength base.

CrossFit mentality. Sad!

What matters is diet and PROGRESSIVE TENSION OVERLOAD aka progress in reps or weight.

Thus, ppl is fine for beginners and all problems anons mentioned can be overcome by having linear progression incorporated. Google reddit PPL

T. Emotional lifters

Why do ppl over push/pull (push/pull/push/pull/push/pull) or fullbody 3x a week?

You get a lot more frequency in and it's not like your volume is going to go terribly down from adding in squats on push and deadlifts on pull, or alternating them on a full body routine.

I just don't understand what the point is. Is a tiny amount of volume worth working each muscle only 2x a week?

Why not just do upper/lower retard

I did ppl first few months and was even cutting and made pretty good gains so go for it, just make sure you focus on progressive overload on the big lifts

sometimes I think you people spend more time worrying about if this super specific formulated XXX tested tried and true super endorsed mega epic big style routine is gonna make your right leg slightly bigger than your left leg as opposed to the dude who literally just goes to the gym and goes huh yeah this routine seems fine and shuts the fucks up and lifts

Yeah sure, you'll be able to progress really quickly but do you even have 1-2 hours for 6 days a week? Go for it if you do

>needing a whole day to do squats/deadlifts

It's not as bad as ppl since you'll still have the same frequency, but I just don't see the necessity of devoting an entire day to legs when if you're doing squats/deadlifts/the occasional calf raise you're good.

what kind of negroid reasoning is this? you can just move back workout as lowerbody or just deadlift to lower days

>le strength base
Rippletits pls go

>working legs every day
>not reduced volume
>beginner running a Bulgarian style

>itt no 3pl8 bench
why should anyone listen to you

kek

I think you two are seriously retarded, you both blatantly misread or misunderstood what I was saying.

>you can just move back workout as lowerbody

then it's not a fucking lowerbody workout if you're working an upper body part too now is it

>just deadlift to lower days

I was implying that all you need for your lower body is squats and deadlifts, I was stating that having a whole day for lower body when you just need two exercises is dumb

Although technically doing a push/pull with squats on one day and deadlifts on the other does work the legs both days, the focus is entirely different. With deadlifts primarily hitting the hamstrings and squats primarily hitting the quads. I'm not really advocating for a push/pull here, I'm just stating it's objectively superior to ppl just by virtue of a higher training frequency for each muscle group.

In the end a full body 3x a week is going to be best for a beginner. A push/pull is going to be adequate and almost as good, and most retards on here like to split up muscle groups so I figured I'd mention it.

This.
Full body workouts often take longer, but you can do them 3 times a week for the same gains as 6x upper/lower and better gains than 6x a week ppl

Shut the fuck up you retarded faggot

>Being this fucking mad at someone's opinion
Why are people like this on Veeky Forums?

Fullbodies are GOAT but I usually don't even take that long. 6-7 exercises usually only take me an hour or slightly less. I superset all my accessory work though so that may have something to do with it.

This post is wrong. DYELs recover quicker than people with built muscles, so claiming that PPL doesn't allow them enough rest time is bullshit

i started with it and have been doing it consistently for 3 months now.
seeing great gains.

I'm also doing pplpplx, and I'm 1 month into it. What do you mean you need alot of time in your hands? I rest 1 min per set, and I'm done after 1,5 hour I think... errr maybe you're right it does take time.

So can a beginner recover fast enough or not? Because that seems to be the whole issue