/fast/ #66 - Read the fucking links edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?

It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?

Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>ARENT I GOING INTO STARVATION MODE?!

Look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?

This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?

No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

More dry fasting info

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs hsdb:@term @DOCNO 99
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Almost no willpower required
Shiggy

I understand the process behind fasting and how it can help weight loss but is it okay to lift during intermittent fasting. While the body may be anabolic during a fast to preserve fitness, I havent seen ecidence that it would help to build muscle without protein intake before and after the weight lifting.

Yes. People even light lift during extended fasts.

I'm on my first water fast ever and Im on day 1. So on my last dinner I literally drank 1L of water because I'm always thirsty post meals, the recommendations were 3L of water per day. Does that mean I can only have 2L throughout the day tomorrow? I don't want to get dehydrated but I also don't want to drink too much water to fuck my body up.

You only need 1-2 liters of water w/ sodium + potassium

Who here maintenance on lifting days and 16:8 IF on rest days?

How much can I expect to lose per week on a straight water fast with multivitamin s and salt cocktail for electrolytes? I would be doing weight training to maintain muscle and I am starting at 120kg.

In Am starting at

Dry fast sounds like the most retarded insane shit ever.

How does your body even processes shit without water

Your tdee*7/3500 is roughly how much you should lose in lbs/week

Metabolic water. Your fat cells will break down and release water into your system while you become a living calorie incinerator

How tall are you? Im 192cm and same weight. I'm wondering what to expect as well.

Currently doing Keto OMAD @ 1500kcals.

5'9"/174cm manlet, weighting 145lbs/65kg; plan is to get skelly auschwitz until I am around 10% bodyfat, then start bulking.

Feeling bad because can't eat carbs in christmas, but that is a sacrifice that must be done.

Nigga you don't need to cut just lift and lean bulk

Dumb question here.

If I'm doing OMAD, how long should I wait to eat after doing fasted cardio/lifting?

Forgot to post an attentionwhoring image

toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs hsdb:@term @DOCNO 99

Anyone else ready for thin gains?

>you have to deliberately make your life harder

But whats the point? It's been two years of lifting and still can't even see my abs. Its frustrating.

This is exactly why skinnyfats should always cut first and then bulk from being lean.

is she implying something? White liquid, white horse

Started my fast a day early. Going for 6 days but aiming for 8. Food sickens me, but I can't stop chugging water.

I finished a three day fast. The first day I loss 1.5 kg, the second 1.1 kg and the third 2.5kg.

Why that happened? Why I loss more weight on the third day than the first two? I thought that the more days I fasted, the less I had to lose.

You probably pooped on day 3

Nope. I didn't poop in any day.

I read all the links and still can't find a straight answer: How long do you need to fast for autophagy benefits? Dr. Fung seems to think between 24-48 hours, although I've seen someone claiming it doesn't kick until 3 days or even 14 days.

I want to dry fast

Please convince me it won't completely shred my kidneys

You don't need this shit dude

Yeah I'm pretty sure when you're in ketosis it triggers autophagy

Nearly the same thing as me, just lost slightly less than you. Anyone care to explain? My bet would be that it's about 70-80% water weight?

Anyone did this on ECA?

Instructions unclear, left humanity behind.

Looking for people interested in joining a weight loss team for a competition with a fairly large prize pool.
For more info add me on discord Bork#9165 or steam /pompomfd3 or email me misterserver123 at gmail dot com

What do you mean

182cm so you would burn more in maintenance then me.

dOES TOOThpaste spike my insulin?

Don't use sweet toothpaste

I think I just mixed coffee and snake juice in my tummy. Press F.

I WANT SNAKEFAGS TO GO!!!!!!
FUCK OFF COLE!!!!!!!

How do you ingest the sodium and potassium though?

Pure water fasting is hell because you flush out your salts. So I guess if you don't drink water at all, you keep your salts inside? Seems theorically possible but for how long do salts last?

I heard you can drink tea while fasting , what teas can I drink?

Non caffeinated 0 calories

>non caffeinated

Plz respond

The leangains protocol says you should eat right after training.

What kinds are the best though? Taste and metabolic wise, I've literally never had tea before and I figured I'd might as well try some

I've been doing progressive overload with gum for jaw gains. I'm noe at 6 gum per chewing session. Will the sugar in the gum break my fast? On the package it says 1 gram of carbs per 2 gum so for 6 it should be around 12 kcal.

First day of fast you burn what you ate the day prior
Second day of fast you're dehydrating
Third day of your fast dehydrating plus you're now burning stored fat fuel.

First and second you burn the glycogen reserves you have which are around 2000kcal or 3000 kcal cant remember stored in muscles and the liver. You feed like shit and your metabolism slows down.
Then there's nothing left and you start burning the fat with keto.

24 more to go

That's bitch ass level. I'm lean and I do it 20:4 on lifting days, OMAD on rest days and a 48hr dry fast at the end of the week as a cleanse

How to make the transition from fasting to a more normal diet with maintenance calories (40/40/20)?
Currently I'm cutting (500-1000 deficit) with fasting and OMAD but I'm afraid of regaining all the weight back.

what app is this ?

You will not regain any weight unless you eat 3500 calories a day boi. I fasted to an extremely low weight and it took forever to gain weight back.

If you have Nerada Rooibos Vanilla tea, that shits pretty good.

Thanks pal

No problem. And I was 108 pounds, kept eating fast food, 3 meals a day plus snacks, stuffed myself with bread to gain 4 pounds. Took me a 1-2 months.

I fasted for 18 days during october.
Probably gonna do another 2 weeks (or more) when the new year starts.

Lads, I'm at 223 25% bf, can I safely cut down to 15% by February? Been doing keto +OMAD

Oh god the hunger pangs, oh god /fast/ I can feel it.

You could do that easy on a prolonged wet fast

>drink 2L snake juice a day
>dont eat
>continue to not eat until desired bodyfat is acquired

How well will fasting help with my gyno?

How to gain muscle while fasting?

It won't, you need to excercise

>water fast for 7 days
>prepping my meal to break the fast on the 6th night, hungry as fuark
>1.5 pounds pork shoulder made into carnitas
>big bowl of guacamole
>corn tortillas
>assorted veggies
>come time to break the fast I couldn't even finish 1 taco, feeling painfully full
What the fuck is this witchcraft? I was so hungry but couldn't even bring myself to eat.

I've been doing OMAD for 2 months now and what I thought was a wide hip passable hip was just fat. That is now gone. Merry christmas to me and my abs. Thanks fast.

>eating over 2 lbs of food in one sitting
>listening to your hunger
You're supposed to eat a normal sized meal wait 30 minutes to do a hunger check you fucker.

I've been doing OMAD for almost 2 years, I thought I could just jump back into it.

I'm a skinnyfag but I feel best when fasting, what do?

YOU CANNOT BUILD MUSCLE WHILE FASTING

you're only option is auschwitz mode

Holy fuck this was me. Break the fast slowly next time with broth in the morning, then hydrate like a bitch, then move to a small (SMALL) handful of food and graze slowly up until the big day of

I'm 19 years old 177cm 85kg for Americans 5.81feet 187 lbs.I can't decide between IF and Water diet.

>I study hard 10 hours a day,I use Concerta(ADHD) It stops the hunger.If i dont feel hungry Am i going to burn fat?

>I eat very little 4 hour ago now,I'm going to sleep

>I want to do Water diet.My plan is Use Supradyn(Daily full vitamins) And salted water without eating nothing till i drop to 70Kg.

Help me Veeky Forums.

>you're
fug
*your

whats your goal? Also have you been lifting?

I use chest expander and Do stomach crunches

>dat horse face

Goal is 70kg minimum.

I'm doing OMAD. Is it ok if I lift at 12pm and don't eating anything until 6-7pm?

>just want to sit down at slurp food while on vacation
>know it won't lead to progress

Piggybacking on this to repost my question from last thread which went unanswered

how long to I have to be in the autophagous state to get rid of my stretch marks and (likely) loose skin?

My starting weight was 280, my current weight is 240, and my goal is around 180. I don't really have much visible loose skin, but it seems like I might start seeing some soon, given that I have visible stretch marks.

I've heard that autophagy starts at day 14. How fast does it happen once it starts? My longest fast is the same length at 14 days, that was taking nothing but water and morton lite salt. My loose skin and stretch marks seemed the same. I've heard that dry fasting can rapidly speed up autophagy, so should I lose the weight through whatever method I want and then do a hard dry fast long enough to get rid of the loose skin and stretch marks at the end?

fast till you hit 70kg then go for a lean bulk and
do heavy lifting

I went from lightly skinny fat to normal by doing calisthenics and eating more. I even have muscle definition now and feel pretty good. Currently at 178cm/66kg, I want to gain more but there's this bit of fat on my hips. Is a short water fast with electrolytes/multivitamin for me or will this fuck me up? Does it work that fast?

try dry fasting. it fucks up your sleep so be careful.

for how long? I don't really like the uncertain "as long as possible", especially with dry fasting, because it feels like I'm playing with death

dry fasting is hard as fuck, i did 5 day meant to do 7, failed. I will try 7 next time, and would never ever try to go beyond 10 unless you're really fat

I want to do 48s and 72s, with my 4-day push/pull split. If I workout Mon, Wed, Fri; should I be eating on those same days after workouts? Before? Help with planning fasting around workout routines in general?

my goal isn't to push myself with dry fasting, it's just for enough autophagy to get rid of the stretch marks and loose skin. If that's my only goal, is 5 days enough? At my goal weight, I would have lost 100 pounds.

It's a meme they keep spreading to try and trick people into killing themselves.

In humans this provides nowhere near the amount of water you need, it's a few percent at most. In other animals it actually works but not us.

Zero

Explain why people cells are different from literally every other mammal ever.

Actually we aren't different, mammals don't make a net gain from metabolic water because it produces urea which you then have to turn into urine so all the water gets used up.

Well dry fast and see how the stretchmarks go

Best protocol I've found is
Workout - eat same day
Fast for next day
Workout at the end of the day, fasted and then eat afterwards

For the case of 72hours. Try and schedule things so that you workout on the same day as your meal and finish your fast off by having a workout and then eating after

doing a 48 hour water fast to experience its detoxifying effects although i'm pretty lean already. will i lose muscle? (inb4 you have no muscle) I started in super skelly mode 5 months ago and i've worked up to this. Gym is closed over the next couple days so I figured why not try this to see how I feel.

How many minutes can a human live without water before he turns into sand?

I would do a lot more extended fasts if it didn't make me shit my guts out.

>detox
This is a meme.

>detox
found the faggot who majors in art studies