Why the fuck do you lift? What's the point?

Why the fuck do you lift? What's the point?

for you

b-because...

To be a man. In the past we had to do manual labor. Now that I can make more money taking a cut betweeen manufacturer and consumer through business, I don't do manual labor. I use the gym to labor and it makes me feel and look how I should.

Its a nice little hobby i spend time and enjoy doint it other than that i would hate having a small weak fat body. Everytime i glance in the mirror i get a huge satisfaction its like a drug

To be the father mine never had the chance to be

>tear rotator cuff at age 18
>it hurts
>doc says it'll happen again if I don't lift
>"okay"
I am not a complicated person.

So I can hit people harder.

Because I enjoy aesthetics, and my other hobbies do not improve my life in general

1) Life is a war and I want be strong
2) Get pussy

I'm vain and I also start to hate myself and get depressed if I'm skinny and/or weak

We have this thread every day

I lift for Piano man

Gym is the only place where none of my worries exist.

Yesterday I ran carrying 2 suitcases to catch a bus np, while my DYEL sister got bicep DOMS just from carrying one of them up a staircase. I lift so that my body is useful when it needs to.

Because it feels good being a physically functional human male specimen. I can't believe how physically weak and functionally pathetic is the average normie. Civilization has really fucked us up, this is not the normal state a living being should be in. Life is movement. Weight training happens to be one the most accessible sport activities and it also has the best benefits of them all. Function , health , aesthetics. The correct question is , why don't you fucking lift , faggot ?

to pretend I'm worth something.

i grew up at roughly 140 (@5'10") to 160 (@6'1"). it's fucking amazing to be rocking a cool 220 now, not being the skinniest guy in the room, knowing i could bust a head or two if i had to, etc. it's empowering, simple as that.

1. Strength, treat lifting almost like a video game you're watching numbers and stats increase, it's a great feeling for me to set me PRs
2. Stress relief
3. inspire my future sons to be actual men, not some pansy beta male, lead them by example, granted I don't want to be too hard on them but I will stress the importance of a good diet with the occasional treat and regular excercise

don't be sad, he just finally left humanity behind.

Get ripped or die trying

for her

checked and keked
skin girls best girls

compensating...

it's my way of proving to myself I deserve better than my ex

Because I am fat and no longer want to be fat.

It's another thing that kills time

To delay the inevitable suicide

Same reason I do drugs. It feels good

i like it

I lift to find and save her

Summed it up for me

It feels good. I obviously want to be healthier, stronger, and look better, but those are really just bonuses at this point. Lifting is almost a spiritual experience for me. It cheers me up when I'm sad or depressed, clams me down when I'm angry or irate, and makes me happier when I'm doing just OK.

You could say it's pointless because we'll all die anyways, and you'd be right, but then why do anything ever?

So I can lift braphogs.

Why do anything ever?
There's no point to any of it.

So one day i'll like myself : )

/thread

whats the point of any of it

i do it because i think its interesting i enjoy reaping the benefits in my short and ultimately worthless life. but for those few moments its worth it

basically this

You're a big guy

>88

E L D E L E TO

Rising?

Because it's one of the easiest things to get better at. You lift, you eat, you sleep and your body does the rest of the work on it's own.

Because I'm tired of being called "hun", "sweetie", or "dear" as a grown-ass man

To live a truly effective hedonistic life you must engage in building yourself for higher highs.
Building a succulent body is part of achieving a greater high, so it's worthwhile.

>succulent

if you find walking turds "succulent", that is.

to look at myself in the mirror and yell

FUARK

Only good answer itt

DELET

accurate

I enjoy it as an intrinsic end, not as a means to an end
Probably means I'm autistic af because I enjoy picking up heavy things to increase my numbers