Functional strength

Any Veeky Forums approved exercises for faster running, higher jumps, stronger punches/pushes and general endurance and agility?

Hill sprints

>for faster
NGMI, some things can't be a achieved in a short time

Isometrics if you want strong joints and fingers.

>Play football
>Playing in a big match
>Last minute
>Get the ball mid field and the defense of the other team defense is in mid field so clear way for me
>Don't run because some things can't be a achieved in a short time
>team loses
>Teammates butt rape me
>Don't run from them because some things can't be a achieved in a short time

Programming is more important than the exercises which have numerous substitutes. you should realize the most effective research into this is specifically towards sports training though

box work; wall-running; practice - shuttle-run, tire-run, etc.

>Starting Strength
Literally designed to get young football players as strong as possible as fast as possible.
It will also ensure you have a good amount of explosiveness

>faster running, higher jumps, stronger punches/pushes
Any exercise that has carry over, mostly hip and back exercises
>general endurance and agility
only dedicated training for it

have u read no-bull speed development manual (easily googleable as pdf)? i kinda want to hear other's opinions on this book also

Do you have anymore like this dude?

I haven't done much of starting strength in the past but I'm pretty sure it focuses on movements and lifts that utilize mostly slow twitch muscle fibres, and therefore isn't ideal for training explosive movements.

Starting Strength or WS4SB
Functional strength is a meme, everything is about strength that carryover to others

how do I look like this dude

>blessed book, The Art of Shen Ku
This is everything Wim Hoff teaches and far more.

Goal physique right there

Thank you,i will check it out.

Power cleans are definitely focused towards football. The others definitely help too though.

increasing overall strength will increase your explosiveness a shitton if you are a beginner. When I first started lifting I did NO explosiveness work at all. Just Squat, bench, deadlift, OHP, rows, pullups, dips, and some BBing lifts thrown in. My vert increased by 6 inches in like a year with no specific training for jumping.

I have a 5'11" ish white friend who trained his his legs to be strong enough to dunk. When you see him do it he doesn't look springy or naturally gifted, just forces his way up with two legged take offs. Dude is a bro.

answer to this?
i need

Lift consistently for 2-3 years depending on your current state

honestly he isn't very big, he just has nice insertions and is cut up

average dude could probably get close in a couple of years, then just cut down and stay lean

Bump

I'm going on a hike and want some better endurance. I can do the hike, I'd just like to be able start orienting workouts towards functional strength

Do you have a pdf link to the book?

never mind, found it

you guys using athletic clothing like under armour compression with multiple layers

link?