/Fit Humor Thread, Media Misconceptions Edition

google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/stephen-curry-can-deadlift-400-pounds/amp/

>Curry is stronger than you think, way way stronger
>To pull that kind of weight at his size makes him a freak

Curry is 6’3 and 190 lbs. He benches 185 and pulls 400 for max.

Wtf media.

Post your fit humor stories and articles, bamboozled newscasters and misinformed vlogs!

Other urls found in this thread:

justflipacoin.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4pl8 deadlift is pretty decent, what are you talking about?

Barely more than double body weight. And he’s a lanklet. The body weight bench is pretty meh, too. Of course if he were actually strong, it would cut into his skill training time, which is far more important to basketball.

Let's see your body and stats, yeah?

if you're one of the best athletes in the world you should be able to pull more than 4pl8s

the DL is good, but that bench is absolutely pathetic
deadlifts are an incel lift anyways, nobody cares about that - OHP is the true test of strength

He’s a basketball player you walking meme

Who?

185lb bench lmao. I have identical weight and height and I am at 2pl8 after 4 months.

It's far from "legendary"

Did 1pl8 OHP for 3 reps today. Feels good.

>400lb diddly is legendary
Has this author ever even entered a gym?

Wasn't that actually a trap bar DL? I recall reading that

Do you get paid $23 mil a year because you're a born again Ray Allen?

Nope.

4pl8 is more than you'll see in most gyms, but it's not going to break any records unless you're a 140lb woman

Not what this thread is about you dip. The retards over at cbssports act as if 185lb bench is something "legendary".

The only person doing 4pl8 in my gym is some guy who I am 99% sure is a Veeky Forumscel.

it literally takes up to 6 months of proper training to pull 4pl8

In the 3 cities I've lived in each of the gyms I've belonged to has had multiple people that pull 5+ plates.

Even at the fucking YMCA.

Where the fuck do you people live with such weak twinks.

fuck the article says that the there's only one other guy on the team who can deadlift more than that, too

i thought professional athletes would be stronger than that, honestly. i know basketball players aren't going to be spending as much time in the gym as football players or fighters, but i figured they lifted weights once or twice a week

Bench press and deadlift mean nothing to a basketball player. I want to see his shuttle run and 40 before making fun of him

holy crap im glad there are a few level headed people still here.

>he goes to planet fitness

then why does their athletic director have them deadlifting

ive only ever seen 2 guys deadlift 5+ plate

to this day those are the only 2 guys ive seen dl more than my max
theyre what keep me going

ill surpass you faggots

do you need some kneepads so you can service curry easier?

>The exercise the Warriors prefer is the trapbar dead lift
>trapbar dead lift
Ignoring the writer's inability to put spaces in the right place, trap bar deadlifts are a fucking joke. If you can do 3.5 plate deadlifts, 4 plates is easy using a trap bar

I often wonder how someone determines the point of diminishing returns. Maybe he determined repping 185 over multiple sets was fine and bothering with more weight wasn't worth it.

I'm a 150lb manlet and I never bothered going beyond 2pl8 5x5 bench even though it got easy after a while. I was more into wrestling and when I was 157 lbs at my biggest I was too slow and less flexible and gassed quicker.

Keke Lyles

Keke

kek

I’m op, I pull 450 at 140 bodyweight
bench 250

Dude 4pl8s isn’t impressive

I go to uni gym in us. Probably 10% pull more than 4 plates for a max.

This is a professional athlete, touted by a sports magazine for being ‘strong’

justflipacoin.com

Half of Veeky Forums doesn't lift and just spews the same shit over and over. Acting like lifting 4 plates is some kind of huge joke is just part of it.

>i thought professional athletes would be stronger than that, honestly.
[Rippetoe intensifies]

why you getting so defensive? There are literally high schoolers who bench more than 185 and DL more than 400 after their first half a year of training. Those are like, LP level strength. Doesn't change the fact that curry is ridiculously good and talented, but if there exist people who can walk into the gym and pull more than you without having lifted much, you aren't strong.

never mind that, there are people out there right now who have never lifted weights before who could bench more than 185 and DL more than 400 with a trap bar

my shoulders must be seriously strong cuz i hit 1pl8 ohp for 5-8 reps pretty early
but it took me a whole 4yrs out of 5 to hit 2pl8 bench (got it today)

Highschool senior here, (i'm 18 mods) I'm 5'11" 155 and I bench 180 and trap bar dl 400

Unlike you t-rex armed fat manlet, Steph is actually a full sized human with long arms, which increases his range of motion 3 fold on the bench, so you're actually just benching around 75lbs compared to him.

Shit, me too. My ohp is way over (proportionally) my bench press, 75 and 95 kg 1RM respectively. I can't seem to use my pecs on the bench. Anyway, if you are interested, I have replaced bench press for dips and have been getting better results in pec involvement and development. Congrats on the lmao2pl8 bench.

>cardio jungle bunny
>lanklet leverages
>more than double his body weight
>hurrr not impressive

You guys are jaded as fuck. He might be a millionaire basketball player, but he's obviously a normie lifter, and 400 lb for a normie is huge. How many people have you seen at your gym slap 4 wheels on the bar?
You guys are toxic as fuck.

>Identical weight and height
>Fat manlet

Work on your reading comprehension pal.

Not an argument.

people are annoyed because his lifts are presented as some sort of freakish athletic achievement in the article. they aren't anything special.

he obviously doesn't need to deadlift more than four plates to be awesome at basketball. i don't have a problem with his DL, i have a problem with his coach and this article trying to pretend his lifts are awesome

>/Fit

Fucking redditors. You have to go back.

I'm impressed. I thought he was just a weak spot-up shooter.

don't be a dick just because he misspelled this subreddit's name user

This

You dont need to be strong whatsoever to play basketball...

Yeah, he’s an amazing basketball player, but this thread is about media misinterpretations of weights

Kindergartner here. 4'2 85 lbs. I OHP 285 lbs for reps and DL 500 lbs.

lol fucking dyel, I'm starting kindergarden next year and dl 500 KG

any average intermediate lifter can easily pull 400. what a joke

Trap bar dl is ridiculously easy and a cinch for fast twitch lanklets like Curry. I would expect someone of Curry's athletic ability and power to pull 4pl8 trap bar on their first attempt.

>being butthurt over normie writers using hyperbole
>expecting a basketball player to have a huge diddy for some fucking reason

Morans

>at 140 bodyweight

5'3 confirmed

doesn't really count if your deadlift is a rack pull shorty

>people think I'm lying

No it doesn’t.
It takes way longer than that.

wrong

So glad i dont understand what you said, monkeyball is such a shit sport to watch

Fuck off, Curry is a memeing chucker dont compare him to the goat shooters with class like Allen and Miller

Jesus fucking Christ user that's too fucking savage

only if you're playing with a basketball that weighs over 180kg

reminder that this is the body of someone who deadlifts 4 plates and that strength training is a meme.

4pl8 is not impressive for an elite athlete at 190lbs

It's not impressive for a lineman or Oly lifter, but is impressive for a basketball player.

It's intermediate level. Not that impressive, anyone can do 400 pound deadlift after a couple years.

I have never been to a gym where at least a few guys are not deadlifting 200 kg or more.

>It's beginner level. Not that impressive, anyone can do 400 pound deadlift in less than a year

Fixed

Jamie Hyneman once said on Mythbusters he can pull 400

Retard, nobody here is expecting the niggerball player to have good lifts. Literally 100% of the complaints are about the media dishonestly calling his stats amazing.

Except 1RM of 200 kg deadlift is literally intermediate, not beginner.

I genuinely row 80, bench 120, squat 180 and dl 200 for sets (in kgs) and responded to all those with the >enjoy destroying your knees u shit tier answers.
>Implying anybody on this website is going to answer survey questions in a serious manner

What do you reckon Mike Rowe can pull?

>tfw can only DL 2pl8
>2 years of lifting
what do