What do you think you owe your parents?

What do you think you owe your parents?

I don't owe them anything. I told them tonight by the time I'm 30 I will take every single penny they've earned from them for treating me how they did for 23 years.

I will not help them at all and the moment I'm finished college they are dead to me, I will never speak or have anything to do with my family the day I graduate, I'll never ever speak to them after that day.

You owe them nothing and you also owe them everything. Your parental relationship is whatever you make of it. Seeking validation from a bunch of strangers on Christmas Eve on a Romanian Yak Farming board isn’t going to get rid of the guilt you’re obviously feeling right now.

FUCK you normie

This guy is right

I feel you, user.
Was in the same situation, but as i grew older (started around 21 yrs old) I started to talk to them about my feelings and looking for a way of forgiveness, understanding and peace.

Usually it needs just one to start trying to find a way of "togetherness"

And goddamn, i feel so much better now.
It's not cool to live angry, bitter and in hatred of those, that are from your own blood.

Talk, user! Find a way.
It's not very alpha to bitch out and quit the way of family.
You'll grow stronger!

Depends hos shit they are treating you. This seems a bit extreme honestly, unless they abused you somehow.

This.

Honestly I plan on caring for my parents at least financially when I'm older.

I plan on living a really rustic lifestyle so I don't think they'll want to stay with me but yeah, my parents are great.

I'll put it to you like this, when I was getting my undergrad in psychology, one of my professors put it this way - It's never too late to decide you had a good childhood.

Just saying, I meet tons of people with self-limiting beliefs who constantly make bad decisions and blame their childhood. It's fucking stupid. If you're in your thirties or even your early twenties talking about how your mad at your parents, you need to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for yourself.

Actually it's rather the soyboy thing to hate on your parents.

Call me a normie but it’s true. I have a really fucked up situation with my parents right now and it’s thoroughly frustrating and upsetting for everyone but I would NEVER burn the bridge between the only two people on this earth that would unconditionally love you. Even if they don’t always show it, or don’t appear to, the fact you still have any presence in their lives shows that they do in their own way. As my friend found out last year, it can all be taken away so quickly and you should never put yourself in a situation where if that was the last thing you ever had the chance to say to the people who brought you up, you’d regret it.

Nothing
But I’ll still give them stuff, even if they’re huge assholes

They treat me like shit while showering my siblings with money

They always beat me as a kid and fucked up my current gains by making me fat and didn't allow me to ever go outside.now I have no friends, virgin, etc

I owe my parents like 200k for raising me til 22 and about 10 years of their precious young lives.

Good cuck

That's fucked, do you know how to make a lot of money? Go into real estate and show them all the money they can't have. My dad always said friends were bad because they made him smoke weed, so then I went through middle school and high school avoiding friendships and avoiding meet ups.

To me it sounds like you just have a really skewed up view of the reality of the situation and have fabricated this idea so you have something to blame for your poor life choices.

I just wagecuck and buy index funds with my money really. I'll never relive the experience of friends in highschool or anything.

Typical normie doesn't understand other people's hardships.

>making me fat
Unless they were force feeding you, you can't say they made you fat.
>didn't allow me
Grow a spine and fight for what you want.
>now I have no friends, virgin, etc
>I must blame others for my lack of personality, self-dicipline and my failures

From all that I can tell you're an insufferable faggot and no wonter they treat you like shit. Sort yourself out or cry like a bitch and throw me another buzzword.

I bet OP is 18 or less

Why so much anger? If you dont like your parents, just say goodbye and cease all contact

>was only a kid
>they bought and fed me only sweets and empty carbs

Yeah sure normal let me just figure out how to eat properly at 10 years old

My parents haven't exactly been bad parents but they weren't really good ones either. They provided me a lot of financial support (paid for my college, father gave me investment portfolio, nice house, family vacations, etc) but besides that didn't provide much

>only child, very small extended family
>never taught me any life skills

>mother very dismissive and uncaring of things

>father is selfish, narcissistic, hypocritical, rude asshole who i have never seen do a social activity with anyone in my entire 25 years of life
>spent most of my childhood blowing up in anger at everything and threatening us with divorce
>passed all these terrible traits on to me, ruined my life

Be me spend years taking verbal abuse from my parents
>user your friends don't like you they hang out with you because they feel sorry
>why would you want to get big everyone will want to fight you
>you want to work at a bar that's the stupidest job in the world
>you want to be a police officer you will never have any friends but other police
>why do you bring those people over here all the time
>why don't you ever being anyone home
I haven't seen or spoken to my parents I years and have no desire to ever again.

Cool blog post but how is this fitness

>My parents haven't exactly been bad parents but they weren't really good ones either. They provided me a lot of financial support (paid for my college, father gave me investment portfolio, nice house, family vacations, etc) but besides that didn't provide much

>They provided me a lot of financial support (paid for my college, father gave me investment portfolio, nice house, family vacations, etc) but besides that didn't provide much

You piece of normal shit.

Nothing, they made the decision to have kids, they bear full responsibility. I will support them when they are old though, of course.

cause he gon do some cardio and slapbox his faggot parents

so now apparently money makes you a normalshit?

im literally as far from being normal as is humanly possible

Not him but sounds to me like you’re blaming them for your problems. I bet you stayed inside playing video games all the time, and blame them for that too.

Even if they really are at fault you’re a man now, act like one. It’s not their fault that you are still a loser to this day. There’s plenty of people who’ve had it a hell of s lot worse than you.

This

Rich normie

>not allowed to have any friends
>shit food and no chance to do any sport
>yelled at and beaten by mom and dad on a regular basis for anything and everything

>"user why did you stay inside and play videogames?"

Everything. I can't repay them yet, but I try every day. Someday I will.

Are you retarded? You not owe nothing, nobody asked if you wanted to born

>be me five minutes ago
>father said "user is hermit, he doesn't leaves his room"
Fuck you

my father says that to me too. its true and even more pathetic because im 25

but you know, at least my mom knows how upset and miserable i am at my life and doesnt rub it in my face. not my just as socially retarded father though (never seen him have a friend in my entire life). constantly calling me a hermit, calling me a loser, asking every weekend if i like having no friends and no gf and no lief and getting upset when i dont want to talk about it

Parents have always supported me.

They gave me everything I have

God, they aren't perfect but neither am I.

Part of the reason I'm getting fit is to prove my dad I was worth the effort.

Currently in my first year of art school.

I have to be the best, user.

That's the least I can do for them.

Jesus Christ dad and mom, I love you both more than anything.

I'm sorry my autism doesn't let me tell you that.

I owe a lot to mom, raised me and my older brother by herself for like 18 years after dad died, and did a darn good job of it. I'd buy her anything she wanted but I'm poor. I have to make up for it by trying as hard as I can.

I owe them everything, and as they have taken care of me in my first 18 years, I will take care of them for the rest of their lives. It's only right that I do that.

I pretty much said the same thing to my mom. I told her like 50 times I wanted the iphone X and she got me a fucking Samsung. She didn't even get me the wrong iphone she got me a fucking Samsung. I hate that bitch

Sounds even more so that you are just a sensitive bitch that is blowing it all way out of proportion. I had issues with my parents and ran away, squared my shit up and here I am. I even made peace with them, and as much as I resent what they did to me I don’t blame them for anything past the day I left. (Except maybe the starving thing that seriously stunted my growth but it doesn’t matter anymore)

Even if you aren’t a massive pussy I stand by that if you are still that way it is 100% your fault.

Your father is right. He has every right to be disappointed in you if you are 25 fucking years old and still living in their house. Everything for the past 9 years is entirely your fault no matter how much you want to blame anyone else.

Fuck entitled bitches like you that think the world is owed to them, and not that they should go do it themselves. I bet you’re non ironically a communist

user, have a seat. I see you just started your career as a newbie bait master. You’re gonna have to do better than that son.

user,

i feel you. give me a hug. my father in particular has worked extraordinarily hard, as a self-made business owner (janitor and window cleaner) basically every single day for 30 years. never a single day off. just to provide for his family. to provide for me. and i'm a piece of shit that is slowly getting his shit together.

he works 15 hour days, everyday, for 30 years. and he won't slow down as he gets into his 60s. fuck man. I have to succeed so I can take care of him and my mother because I owe them everything and he works so fucking hard man. fuck. dad, i love you.

They owe me a few thousand dollars, so not all that much desu

>not forgiving your parents debt
Not gonna make it desu

What did they do to you, user-san?

Man fuck off you have no clue.
>fight for what you want
Yeah cause you can totally fight for what you want when your parents are psychos who will beat you bad for just raising your voices at them. Urine idiot user

I would if I wasn't barely scraping by myself. And if they weren't acting like such cucks with this whole "ohhhh we really WANT to pay you back, but we live too far outside of our means" bullshit

>treating me how they did for 23 years...
>23 years

You should be taking control of your lofe at 16 when you can get a job and at the very latest 18 when they lose all guardianship rights. Any perceived mistreatment after those points such as “making you fat” or “not letting you have friends” is 100% on you. Maybe your parents were shit. But the fact you’re still at home to tell this to them at 23 means it either wasn’t really as bad as you’re making it sound or you’re really just a fucking useless retard and they probably laughed in your face as you said it.

I tried that shit for years and it didn't get me anywhere. Eventually I cut ties with th because, like you, I was sick of feeling angry and frustrated, trying everything to please them and making them peoud and getting nothing in return but shitstorms.

Yeah most parents aren't perfect. But not every parent is a good parent or love you unconditionally. My parents (and alot of peoples parents) love conditionally but expect their children to love them unconditionally. My siblings and I were treated like shit while we had treat our parents like royalty. Dancing to their every whim while never getting any acknowledgement and getting brutally shut down when we didn't perform or if they had a less than perfect day.

Fucking normal piece of shit

Yeah because ur childhood doesn't matter??

In that case it sounds like your parents are pieces of shit and that you should charge interest

Are you crying yet bitch boy? Move out and make something of yourself instead of blog posting on an Australian Milk Screening Forum

What does “normal” even mean? I think you’re just an angsty faggot because your parents didnt give you whatever you wished and hit you a few times. Welcome to the majory of people on the fucking planet you ingrate. How about a roof over your head and food on your plate even if it wasnt healthy. The fact that you have an opportunity to graduate college at all means you have a head start over most people.

You’re bitching and anti-parent angst reminds me of my little sister when she was 14. Im starting to think this whole thread was bait based on how cringey it’s getting.

And what if you've been working from you r 14th and have been saving everything since you were 12, washing dishes 2 days every weekend for 12 hours a day. Accumulating a massive savings account but your dad is also your banker. Now, because he is your fucking banker he is the one who gave you the saving account cobtract and only the office where your contract is can let you withdraw the money. Now lets say you as a young man want to start your own life away from your abusive dad with your own money. But your dad a is a controllibg narcisscistic asshole that needs to abuse you to validate himself so he decided fuck you I ain't letting you withdraw shit so you can go spend it all. He literally kept me hostage with my own money. Eventually moved out anyway at 20 and didn't get the money untill 23 when he sold his client base. I could've gobe to court but I was already hurting enpugh and just wanted it to be over with.

Things are not black or white like most people on this board think. Could've had my degree by now. Instead I had to work as a waiter, barely scrapping by for 5 years. Now I'm this 25 yo dude sitting in college between 18 yo children who think they're adults.

Funny I should see this thread after my mother just flipped shit at me for not playing a guitar

here's a list that causes my mother to flip shit
>talk about me drinking alcohol
>talk about me smoking anything
>reminding her I'm not religious
>telling her that I don't want anything from a fast food restaurant
>telling her I won't eat the ice cream she bought me from said fast food restaurant
>any swear word
>using God's name in vain
>any negative comments about anything
>telling her I can't help her do ________ because I made plans

the list goes on and these are all basic things. I know where my anxiety stems from and I know how to build a house because I worked on the house throughout my childhood

I don't get to have free time or down time, cause if I'm not doing something productive that will move my life forward, I have guilt hanging on my shoulder. If I can't sleep, I clean the house

My plan is
>get rich
>force my parents out of their shack
>buy them their dream house
>get the old one either fixed or demolished
>never have to help mom again with shitty shack house projects whenever i visit

i'm about to come into money so I can't wait bros

Good looks
Height
Not bring a brainlet
Gorgeous hair
Did I mention being ridiculously handsome
A good upbringing
Money
Good education
Manners

I know that feeling.
My mother treated me like shit after her divorce (even though I saved her life) and kicked me out five years ago. Meanwhile, she gives my younger sibling everything he wants (a car, gas money, computer, TV, any game he wants, etc.) even though he gets bad grades, doesn't have a job and once tried to stab her with a kitchen knife.

How do you cope?

I can't wait to financially support my dad when I'm able to. He actually makes good money but my mom spends it on the dumbest fucking things. He's almost 60 and i don't think retirement is in his near future unless I step in and help out. He's done so much for me and it will feel so good to prove to him that he did a good job raising me.

Until then I'm still draining his finances while I'm going to uni....

You sound like a literal cunt. If you're going through with a degree to spite them, be a man and follow these steps.

1. Drop Out
2. Enlist/Trade School/Blue Collar Work
3. Move Out
4. Make Something of Yourself

The only reason you're complaining on a Yugoslavian Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG board on Christmas Eve is because daddy didn't teach you to be a man.

PS- step 5 is to get a therapist, you got serious shit to deal with if these feels are real.

Such kind advice.

You're like the father I never had ;_;

My family paid for my college and gave me a place to live. I love my family. 90k a year with no debt, was able to own a house by 25.

Most edgy thread I've seen in a long time

I just wish my parents would have been a little more superficial and raised me to be a true chad. I wish my dad would've told me how to make friends with people and meat girls because I still don't really know how. But blaming my problems on people I love is weak.

Respect your father bros, he gave his life for you. All the slaying, career, traveling, hobbies, parties, free time. He sacrificed it for you.

>What do you think you owe your parents?

Nothing. They've voided their investment as far as I am concerned and nothing is ever going to change that.

They won't need me, though. They're pretty secure financially. Still, it's about principle.

Now I just pass the time with self-improvement and nihilistic hedonism until I get to watch the world burn.

I used to feel bad for leeching off my mother when I was in my early twenties and still studying, but she is also partially at fault that I became such a fuck-up. Other than money (she's making six-figures) she never gave me any support. Not once has she stood up for me when I was in trouble, whether it was my fault or not. I've always been on my own. I had to cook my own meals ever since I was like 8 years old, because she would leave for work at 5 in the morning and come back home at 8pm. She used to eat at work, so when she got home she didn't cook dinner. She didn't always buy groceries either, so I often had nothing to eat. I sometimes mixed flour with water because I was so hungry. I developed all kinds of mental issues and can not stand social interaction. Now I still want to take responsibility for myself and I realize I can not blame her for becoming such a failure, but she has also made it pretty difficult for me to succeed. I've come to terms with this and I don't hold a grudge anymore, our relationship has actually improved in the sense that we exchange more than just a few words every now and then. I take the money, because she has more than she can spend and these days I do feel like I deserve it. I plan to pay it back eventually, so she no longer has any leverage over me.

>Currently in my first year of art school.

you've already disappointed them user

The hardest thing about my childhood was without a doubt the fact that both of my parents were in their early twenties. I don’t know what the meme is about that it’s beneficial to get kids at an age where you yourself are still just a fucking child. My dad became a grandpa before the age 50 so I guess that’s kinda nice.
But as for me, I grew up kind of broken and have had a difficult time with life. I love my parents yes, but there are a shit ton of things the have done to devalue my existance and neglecting me. I’m the smart one in the family and nobody wants to have arguments about these things with me, because I tend to beat them the fuck out. I know this because they still to this day gang up ( dad and 2 bros) on me and start resorting to argumentation fallacies and putting things like ”lack of respect on my part” and ”now is not a good time for this because so and so”. Basically they make me the villain for brining up shit that somebody is obviously doing wrong. But thats okay, we all have some growing up to do and at least my grandma is has always been by my side and I credit most of my morality to her and think that she is the one who did most of the actual child raising when we were kids.
Too bad that because of that I turned into the biggest white knight who in general hates men and holds strict christian values despite being an agnostic atheist, but I have zero regrets about any of this.
Of course I’m not on the top of my happiness, but who the hell here is?

>non ironically

Who here /goodparents/?
>dad came from shitty parents
>worked shitty shift work for years to support his three kids my mum
>when I was a kid I never realised how much he did for us
>Love my parents more than anything in the world
dad's pride is one of the primary reasons I lift. But I can feel some of that 'son-growing-independent' anxiety that mums get from mum. I think that'll get better when I move out.
I wish all the anons in this thread the best of luck with their parents.

>passed all these terrible traits on to me, ruined my life

You have your own life. You're aware of these traits so control them.

Do people on here not have any clue about childhood psychology at all?

You people really think having a decent amount of money and food on the table makes everything ok?

>bipolar mother
>narcissistic, borderline psychopath dad

spent years being psychologically tormented and bullied by my father, constantly criticized, intimidated and belittled until I grew bigger than him. It only really stopped when I grew to 6'3 and I ended up unloading a tirade of absolute vile abuse after I heard he had been bullying my 13 year old sister for falling asleep on the couch, shouting at her that she was "doing everything wrong" and was "even worse than her brother", reducing her to tears

I lost the plot and grabbed him by the throat, he wouldn't even look at me. I told him to look at me in my fucking eyes and to throw some abuse at me instead of a 14 year old girl, if he was so tough. I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me. I called him an evil twisted bastard and I said I can't wait until he dies, and that if i wasn't worried about my career I'd put him in the grave myself. Throughout this my mother and sister were admittedly terrified. Even when I was talking to him he was looking at them to try and intimidate him. I got my shit and walked out after that. 20 M

don't owe them dick my grents supported them since i was born
mom divorced my dad at 14 so i moved in with her because my dad is a magnum bitch
drove me to hastings told me she wanted to kill herself
>tfw my only confidant in life and my rock can't even take care of herself

realize this is her midlife crisis because she stayed in a shit marriage for 12 years after having me at 18
move in with grandparents at 15 & they supported me ever since
called my mom tonight because last time we spoke i told her she was a failure and to have another kid with her new husbando since she failed me so dramatically
she says i was a manipulative fuck my entire life and she didn't like me even when i was a little boy

too bad i know she's lying and jealous of my success rate since she only experienced a fraction of her young life in her mid 30's
she got obesely fat when i was 5 or 6 so i only remember fat mom until she divorced my dad and got skinny but still never forget the emotional abuse i suffered all my life from her and my mutant father don't know how i turned out right probably because i live to be the opposite of them
>fat mom was my best friend :(
>gonna be a great dad

>You people really think having a decent amount of money and food on the table makes everything ok?

Fucking this. And the real hero is the father who uses this as a get out of jail free card in every situation for 20 years, because he is too much of a brainlet to have any trace of self ctiricism and too proud to admit to any faults.
Of course these things should not be taken for granted, but I honestly think that if you cannot provide at least this, it is not right for you to get children at that moment, and if you fail to even consider this when it matters, then you are in the wrong.
People are in so much of a hurry to have a "traditional family" that they neglect everything that is essential for having an actually functioning one.
Preserving your pride and belief in meme magic at the expence of the family you so desperately want to have is the worst kind of shit.