My ohp is my weakest lift and it's not progressing at all

I'm 175cm(5ft9in) and have 62 kg(136lbs).
2 weeks ago I started going to the gym and all my lifts progressed except ohp which is only 20kg(44lbs). Is this normal or am I just really weak. And do you have any tips for getting stronger at ohp?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/sez6j
twitter.com/AnonBabble

High rep low weight. Ohp is a tough one my man.

user you are lifting 2 weeks, thats a very short time period, if you want to make it you need to be patient, your body needs time to learn to the new stress you are giving it with weight training and learn to use it's muscles properly (maybe for the first time ever) and to recover.
Keep on lifting, be patient and concentrate on form, nutrition and sleeping rather than wanting to add 2,5kg every week, the weight you are moving is not that important. Also keep reading about working out to get them brain gains and not waste your time in the gym, start with the sticky

>62 kg
eat more faggot im 177 cm and 65 kg and i look like a skinny dyel

Ohp more often
Ohp targets relatively small muscles, its the hardest of the big 4 to progress in imo

streamable.com/sez6j

Gain about 60 pounds

And for your weight, height and lifting time your ohp seems just fine, look up proper technique and master the movement before trying to go for heavy lifts or 1rm

you're like Jason Blaha except that you're actually strong

>turbomanlet 5'9
>also about 60kg
>start ohp'ing 3 times a week
>4rm increased by 10kg in 2 weeks
do them more often

I like to think I look a little bit better too :^)

Srsly tho OP, you're very underweight. You need to gain weight and follow a progressive overload strength training program for 3-5 years. You may end up a bit chub if you don't have good genetics but that is fine, you'll be more thiqq than chubb and you can just cut and you'll be good to go

ye you do, I was talking about the bald guy with glasses shtick

20kg is fine for 1 hand or for a woman, it's sub soyboy for a man using 2 hands

what routine for 40" waste and 15" arms?

Do you believe your physique is at a level where you can offer advice to others?

Can you look in the mirror and know that to be the truth in your heart?

Have you considered that not everyone is as concerned with their physique as you are? I am trying to give the dude some strength training advice. Not everyone cares about looking like a sculpted twink

Op here
Thanks for all the advice. Since I'm a newb could you guys rate my other lifts and tell me on which ones I should focus the most?

bench 3x5 with 16kg(35lbs) dumbbells(haven't tried with barbell yet)
3x10 chinups
3x10 wide grip pullpus
3x10 dips
3x10 7kg(15lbs) lateral raises
3x10 8kg(17lbs) dumbbell curls
3x5 80kg(175lbs) deadlift

Sorry if this is in sticky, haven't read it yet.
Oh and is pic related a good program or should I do something else?

Proper form did it for me. Got over my ego and used a weight I could lift in a smooth motion without jerking it.

Also if you're using dumbell/kettlebell, make sure you go full range of motion.

This is stupid advice, you can get OHP to 1pl8 without ever doing a set of more than 6 or 7 reps. Ask me how I know.

OP, when you are as weak as you are, there is only one answer: eat and sleep more. You are not eating enough, and you are not sleeping enough.

The only other explanation other than a fucked (and I mean FUCKED) hormone situation is poor form. I got stuck around 90lb on OHP and found out that my grip was about 6" too wide. Your hands should be just barely wider than your shoulders. Your elbows should be forward of the bar at the bottom of the lift. You should lean back slightly as you begin the lift, and you should get your shoulders back under the bar as soon as possible.

If you have not read starting strength for the technical advice alone, you are doing yourself a disservice and you should rectify this immediately. Whether or not you follow the prescribed routine (which is excellent for linear progression through 1/2/3/4 despite what you read here), the technical advice regarding the compound lifts is indispensable.

2 weeks and you're worried about progress? Yes, the OHP is going to take way longer to advance than other lifts. Just do what I did: watch a ton of videos about it, eat, and train.

Upper body lifts tend to respond better to higher volume and frequency than most lower/full body exercises. Given normal conditions and correct execution.

Just keep at it. I started at just the bar too and I'm at 85lbs less than 3 months later.

>listening to people based on how they look
almonds well and truly activated

scoliosis? The bar seems uneven. I have the same problem.